• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Moved by recent events, and his compassion for all mankind, our glorious Emperor Hong Xiuquan should like to send aid to the State of Chile, to see a swift and unbloody end to the brutal war raging in South America. China will therefor send Chile 800 Gold bullions as War Subsidies, to be repaid in one way or another when the time and situation allows it.

We thank the Heavenly Kingdom of Taiping for their generous gift which will surely help us to end this conflict!

The Portuguese Government transfers control of Guinea Bissau to German Government with payment of 300 million gold bullions.

Signed:

[x] President José Carlos Moutinho
[] Kaiser Kaiser Frederick I

OOC: This will be my 2nd order, right?

Signed by Kaiser Frederick I, Kaiser of the German Empire.

OOC: Kaiser just once. :)

OOC: Sorry about that Edzako, all clear now.

320px-Confederate_National_Flag_since_Mar_4_1865.svg.png

The Confederate Congress is overjoyed at the progress for reconstruction within our shattered nation! Soon our nation will be back on track, and the revages from the American invasion unseen.

We send our congratulations to the Kingdom of Sweden, the Ottoman Empire, the Empire of Japan, and the Kingdom of Manchuria. Congratulations go to Sweden for their reunification with Finland, may peace and prosperity shine over this union and bring stability to the Scandinavian people. The Ottoman Sultan has shown his skills as a leader amongst statesmen with his reform of the archaic Ottoman tax system and modernization for the Ottoman farmers, thus deserving great praise from even across the Atlantic Ocean. Both the Empire of Japan and Kingdom of Manchuria deserve congratulation with their recent victory over the Korean despot. We look forward to close relations and trade deals through Leesburg with both nations.

At this time, the Confederate States of America must grant a guarentee of the Spanish colonies within the Carribean from foreign agression. We will welcome any and all new nations within the Carribean, but must not condone the agressive behavior that has been voiced by some nations. We do not wish to see another war like has been seen not even 5 years past to erupt again within North America.

The Kingdom of Spain appreciates the effort of the Confederate States of America into preserving world peace, and likewise extends a pledge to support the CSA against foreign aggression. We would also like to congratulate the CSA on the reconstruction efforts to heal the wounds of the war, in a clearly distinct attitude from their northern neighbors, whose government is already devising new wars, when the people is still suffering from the aftermath of the previous war. We hope that the Union government devotes their efforts to more constructive endeavors, that will bring greater prosperity to their nation, as this world has seen far too much war in the last years...

While I am dismayed at the great loss of life in the occupation of Korea, I congratulate our friends, the Empire of Manchuria and the Empire of Japan, in their removal of a despotic ruler with apparently communist intentions. Furthermore, I also congratulate the Chileans in their pacification of the coastal region of Arica. I hope the Bolivians will soon see sense and come to terms in that conflict.

If the Spanish feel that the United States of America have not moved on from our recent war, they are clearly mistaken. A renewed focus on domestic development and the expansion of statehood within Union has been and will continue to be a key point of policy for this administration.

Furthermore, I am interested to hear that a man who once cried out against supposed 'repression' now seem to support the repression of the Caribbean peoples, as well as having done nothing further to end the repression within his own lands.

OOC: Just realised how long it's been since I've actually ICed.

The Oriental Republic of Uruguay requests its Madre Patria, the Kingdom of Spain, for help against the Brazilian imperialism, who wishes to invade the democratic Uruguayan republic and enslave its free population.

We would also like to request the countries willing to mediate a peace settlement to double your diplomatic efforts, and restore peace and stability to the region.

Friday, May 5th is the deadline for orders. Tommorow I will be rolling out the new resource system a turn early. I shall have a huge post explaining this new system, and how simple it actually is.

The Resource Update

Hello! As you are reading this, you are now fully aware that the long talked about, Resource Update is now here! Originally planned as an extension to trade to make it more fluid, it has evolved into a new way to simulate the actual buying and selling of goods, as well as the troubles that plagued nations such as shortages, blockades, over production, and the need for new markets, and along with it, new colonies.

The new resource system, in its most basic form, is a simple and easy to follow system. I have spent much time trying to whittle this down to a system that is NOT overly complicated, but at the same time adds a new dynamic to the game. Although I do feel bad for introducing it this late in the game and putting my players through yet ANOTHER change, but after a few turns all of the kinks will be out and it shall be yet another part of this ever-evolving forum game.

Without further adieu, I present World in Revolution's new Resource System:

It all starts with basic resources. These are the things that nations will produce naturally through their own efforts of gathering, mining, and farming. Each nation will have a their own set of accurate resources, but each nation is capped at having THREE types of raw material. Each nation will only produce a limited amount of this material, meaning that a larger nation can, and will, produce more than a smaller nation. This fixes the problem of say Belgium producing as much grain as the United States of America. Below is the full list of the new raw materials.

FOOD - Cattle, Grain, Fish, Fruits
MINERALS - Copper, Iron, Lead
RARE MINERALS - Silver, Gold
COAL - Coal
RAW MATERIALS - Timber, Stone
EXOTIC RAW MATERIALS - Silk, Rare Wood, Marble
ADVANCED RAW MATERIALS - Oil, Rubber, Bauxite
CASH CROPS - Tea, Coffee, Cotton, Opium, Tobacco, Exotic Fruits

Each of these materials are responsible for a specific modifier and are needed as inputs for some factory goods. Below is a list of the manufactured goods that are made from these raw materials. As with most things, there is a formula that is needed to produce them, and only a limited number of them can be produced, according to the industry you have as well as the amount of materials you have. For all intents and purposes, if you can find a way to cut the supply lines to a nation's industry, you can make them collapse. Another factor is that half of your current industry is used for tradeable goods, the other half is used for other consumer supplies that is used for your own nation. There is also a natural consumption of goods, and the only ones you have access to are the excess ones that can be traded. So a nation may only produce one unit of coal, yet still produce 5 steel. This means the nation is actually produce 11 units of coal, but 5 are already tied up in industry.

STEEL - Steel
MANUFACTURED GOODS - Furniture, Cutlery, Clothes
LUXURY MANUFACTURED GOODS - Luxury Furniture, Luxury Clothes
ADVANCED MANUFACTURED GOODS - Cars, Planes, Radios, Telephones
WAR MATERIALS - Canned Food, Ammunition, Ships, Guns, Artillery
ADVANCED WAR MATERIALS - War Planes, Tanks

Now, as I said before, you need to make these things somehow. Below is a list of combinations (That I will remember and write down, so I know what industry you create and whatnot), these will be the inputs/outputs for mostly all the things you need to run your industrial country.

Steel = 2 Coal + 2 Minerals
Industry = 2 Coal + 2 Steel + Money
Railroad = 3 Steel + Money
Manufactured Goods = 2 Coal + 5 Raw Materials OR 2 Coal + 5 Cash Crops
Luxury Manufactured Goods = 5 Coal + 10 Exotic Rare Materials
Advanced Manufactured Goods = 10 Coal + 5 Minerals + Advanced Raw Materials
War Materials = 5 Coal + 5 Steel + 5 Minerals
Advanced War Materials = 5 Advanced Raw Materials + 5 Steel

Obviously, there will be more for resources. As of right now, all the of the nations will have their base income levels flattened, and adjusted. Base Income will now be dependent on two things, the goods you manufactured and produce, and tax rates. Both of which can be changed. It's like before, but now you have a more direct control of your economy and your income rates. Below is a list of what each material will do to your income.

1 Coal Unit = +10 Base Income
1 Food Unit = +10 Base Income
1 Minerals Unit = +10 Base Income
1 Rare Minerals Unit = +20 Base Income
1 Raw Materials Unit = +10 Base Income
1 Exotic Raw Materials Unit = +25 Base Income
1 Advanced Raw Materials Unit = +40 Base Income
1 Cash Crops Unit = +50 Base Income
1 Steel Unit = +10 Base Income
1 Manufactured Goods Unit = +15 Base Income
1 Luxury Manufactured Goods Unit = +30 Base Income
1 Advanced Manufactured Goods Unit = +70 Base Income
1 War Materials Unit = +0 Base Income
1 Advanced War Materials Unit = +0 Base Income

If all of this seems confusing, then I shall try and simplify it with an example set of stats. Any further questions, I shall be making a FAQ for this specific page in order to try and resolve all problems with this new system.

The United States of America
Bank: +156,363
Income: +5,734
Trade Balance: +5,865
Stability: 10
Resources
Raw: 50x Coal, 65x Minerals, 100x Food
Industry: 100x Steel, 250x Manufactured Goods, 50x Advanced Manufactured Goods, 10x War Materials, 1x Advanced War Materials
Traded In: 20x Rare Minerals, 55x Raw Materials, 15x Exotic Raw Materials, 5x Advanced Raw Materials, 10x Cash Crops
Trade Out: 450x Coal, 300x Minerals, 1,500x Food, 50x Steel, 1,000x Manufactured Goods, 20x Advanced Manufactured Goods, 2,000x War Materials, 4x Advanced War Materials
Needs: Nothing
Industry: 1,500
Home Infrastructure: 15
Colonial Infrastructure: 6
Push/Pull: +5
Army
Regulars: 15,000
Conscripts: 0
Army Level: 27
Navy
Large Ships: 75
Small Ships: 350
Navy Level: 25
Played by: President Woodrow Wilson (Muskeato)

FAQ

Q: If my nation has materials under the need category, do I need to trade for them?
A: Yes. If you do not, your nation will go into shortages and things like revolution, industrial collapse, or a recession might happen.

Q: If I build a new steel mill, do I lose 2 Coal and 2 Minerals from my raw category?
A: Yes.

Q: Are there such things as food shortages, military goods shortages, and anything else?
A: Yes. If a nation needs food or military supplies, they will suffer the same effects as in real life.

Q: What are the benefits of trading manufactured goods?
A: Another nation will need them as consumption grows, you will lose that base income, but it is transformed into traded income.

Q: Will you set prices for goods?
A: No. You all have to set prices and trade rates.

Q: What can be traded?
A: Your Raw and Manufactured Materials.

Last edited:
OOC: Major downtime for me, it seems I'm back just in time...
EDit: Also it seems we'll play Forum Victoria =p
Let's see how it'll roll.

Last edited:
View attachment 53133

As President of the United States of America, it is my solemn and most unfortunate duty to make the following announcement. The Spanish government has been sent an ultimatum, the demands of which have not been satisfactorily addressed.

The Spanish “claim” that they will soon begin to reform the colonial administration of their colonies, but these islands have been under Spanish rule for centuries, and the need for reform has only become more dire, with no sign of action. Banditry is rife, and it is with much regret that I must send American soldiers to restore order to this region. The colonial actions of the Spanish, and their failure to properly administrate their American colonies, demand that the Monroe Doctrine be invoked. The Americas and their people are not the play thing of colonial powers, but nations struggling to throw off the burdens and debts that they have been left by decaying empires.

For these reasons, I must use military force against the Spanish Empire, not in the name of expansionist imperialism, nor solely for the protection of the investments of Americans in these lands, but to protect the Dominican, Cuban, and Puerto Rican peoples of the Caribbean, who have suffered greatly under the yoke of Spanish tyranny and ineptitude for too long. I urge Congress to follow my proclamation with a declaration of war against the Spanish.

This is their last chance for peace. The United States Navy has been dispatched. When they arrive, they shall expect the Spanish authorities to be preparing for withdraw. If this is not the case, the USN has been cleared to use force, if necessary. I do not hope for war, but if it is required, I will not shy from it.

OOC: Well, I think what was left of the cat has been finally let out of the bag.