• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The USA, as a nation at peace, is well suited to host peace talks. We invite the belligerent nations on both sides of the War of the Quadruple Alliance to our capital of Philadelphia to enter such talks, mediated by ourselves.

In other news, the USA is proud to announce its banking services as open for business! Need a quick buck and happy to pay it back at a reasonable rate of interest? Then come to the us!

OOC: You are however still fighting your own war Morrell :p Not sure many peace talks were held by nations already at war, slightly conflicting ideals I believe.

I don't need anyone to point out how ridiculous the final bit is ;)

Last edited:
OOC: Guys, it's 1864. Let uhm fight.

OOC: Fry has said no update till next weekend, but you'll likely get 1 or 2 mini updates from me during the week, depending on how soon I can fix my PC.

OOC: Wont be writing about stuff that involves me directly, or involves me closely indirectly.

OOC: On the plus side, that does increase the likelihood of mini-updates being on South America for you PCs hanging about down there.

@Congo, that's why I thought I'd offer an alternative :p

OOC: On the plus side, that does increase the likelihood of mini-updates being on South America for you PCs hanging about down there.

@Congo, that's why I thought I'd offer an alternative :p

OOC: Well, except for Doom's penchant for screwing with Spain...

OOC2: Your alternative is the Monroe doctrine, I suppose.

OOC: Look, 'm spelling this out loud and clear. If I invoke the Monroe Doctrine, it won't be because you're messing with Brazil's navy or because you broke their blockade. And I quote "We invite the belligerent nations on both sides of the War of the Quadruple Alliance to our capital of Philadelphia to enter such talks, mediated by ourselves."

bandera-uruguay+%25281%2529.jpg

The Oriental Republic of Uruguay greatly welcomes the mediation of the German Empire and the United States of America. May they put sense into the Empire of Brazil.

OOC: What, Chile is allied with us?
There must be some kind of thread announcements on this, not everyone can into IRC.
Also, how to configure a proxy connection into Mirc?

OOC: What, Chile is allied with us?
There must be some kind of thread announcements on this, not everyone can into IRC.
Also, how to configure a proxy connection into Mirc?

OOC: Chile is at war with Bolivia, Brazil has said it will support Bolivia. Chile isn't part of the alliance AFAIK, but is fighting against your enemy, so in a way you're helping each other.

I'm pretty sure that's the situation, but I doubt I'm the most knowledgeable on your war :p

OOC: Brazil supporting Bolivia means that they abandon the claims they have on Bolivian bits of Amazonas?

OOC: You'd have to ask Duke mate.

OOC: Brazil supporting Bolivia means that they abandon the claims they have on Bolivian bits of Amazonas?
OOC: Brazil never really had claims there, it went much like Texas. Brazilians entered the area, populated it, proclaimed an independent republic, then Brazil went there and absorbed the Republic while paying financial compensation to Bolivia.

We congratulate the United Republics on their diplomatic achievement. We also are happy to say that Argentineans can count the Danish Nation as another friend in the world.

OOC: Miniupdate, Manchus & Japs vs Evil Korean Dogs? :3