• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Friday, 1st August 2014
11:00 AM

Situation Report

Alpha - Fighting between the enemy forces and parts of 2/5 continued, but the situation was under control with only minor casualties.

Bravo - The enemy started a massive assault toward FOB Santa Monica, but the friendly forces could hold their ground, although suffering serious casualties.

Charlie - This sector reported another strong assault by the enemy. An air strike could cause casualties among the enemy forces, but was not able to slow down its assault. 2/1 decided to slowly retreat in good order eastward to Walgrove Avenue. Due to the extension of the frontline, sector Charlie was divided into sectors Charlie and Delta.

1st Division suffered 44 casualties, thereof 12 dead.

Support Troops

Both the 2nd Recon Battalion as the 1st Air Wing are ready for duty.

Reinforcements

A Company / 3rd Battalion / 7th Regiment has arrived at Santa Monica FOB

Recon

Until now no enemy air units have been sighted. According to reports, the enemy suffered definitely higher casualties than the friendly forces during the last 30 minutes.

(Since there is a new sector, those forces in sector C have to be deployed in sectors C or D. Deadline is Monday, 4 PM forum time).

Commander, 5th Regiment [Bugwar]

To:
Commander, 1st USMC Division [Thandros]

CC:
Commander, 1st Regiment [von_Rundstedt]
Commander, 7th Regiment [Trinitrotoluen]

Subject: Operation Line Stretcher

1. I recommend that the Division commander direct 5th and 7th Regiments to each detach a company to the Reserve, then on to Sector D as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Bugwar

Colonel, Infantry
5th Regiment, 1st USMC Division
Commanding

As near as I can tell, when the GM created a new Sector out of wholecloth, all the Marines in Sector C stayed pat, while the Invaders split their forces.

Indeed. It is up to the Commanders to deploy their forces into C and D. And so, with the Human and Alien forces both being properly split up, the combat will be resolved in the next turn. Fair game for everyone. :)

Last edited:
Indeed. It is up to the Commanders to deploy their forces into C and D. And so, with the Human and Alien forces both being properly split up, the combat will be resolved in the next turn. Fair game for everyone. :)

So when a Sector splits without advance notice, the Aliens get a freeby redeployment to the new sector, while the humans have to go through the 'pull back' before coming in again?

So when a Sector splits without advance notice, the Aliens get a freeby redeployment to the new sector, while the humans have to go through the 'pull back' before coming in again?

No. I take it you did not read post 74. :p

The exception to this rule is, when one frontline sector is divided in two sectors. The units in the old sector may be deployed in any of the two new sectors.

Good GMs plan ahead. :D

Hmm, I can put the newly arrived company in C or D but we are leaking like a sieve in those sectors as we are trying to hold back the better part of an alien division with a single regiment and the longer the frontline becomes the worse it will get. If the aliens can repeat their advance in C it is likely that they will overrun the FOB this turn.

I could deploy the Recon battalion to that area and hopefully with additional Air support we could slow them down but It seems difficult to determine how many forces they have at D. As the shortest and least Critical front it may be advisable to deploy a single company to D as it is strategically the least significant given that the only strategic point in that direction is much further off. A stalling operation in that area may be advisable to enable further reinforcements to arrive to help hold the line.

OOC: Also rather than forcing us into effectively static defence which is what the reserve situation forces us to do might it be better to allow companies to swap to neighbouring sectors without going into reserve and perhaps two sectors across if they weren't engaged in combat as units not currently engaged would find it easier to switch sectors than formations which have to extract themselves from heavy fighting. But Equally it doesn't take an hour to move to the next sector which would be absurd. This allows us to be tactical with moving troops without going to the absurd.

I will put the new company into D with mobile defense orders. I think that is the best that we can do at short notice and we can afford to give up ground in that direction. Further reinforcements can be funneled into C to stall that advance although I fear that we might lose the FOB with the coming attack.

To:

CC:

Subject: Alternatives

As an alternative to my earlier proposal, 1st Regiment can directly shift a company from Sector C to D, while 7th Regiment can move its company in the Reserve to D as a reinforcement.
From that point, the Division can deploy its Recon and air assets to where it believes they can be most useful.

Sincerely,

Bugwar

Colonel, Infantry
Commanding

This simply weakens Sector C which must be held or our FOB will fall into the hands of the aliens and this position will become untenable. The enemy at Sector C has 6 or more companies of their own against them while we have no idea of the enemy numbers in Sector D short of our forces in that front collapsing a retreat their is acceptable. To weaken Sector C for Sector D seems foolish at best.

FOB Santa Monica Airport
11:30 AM

The FOB had been established in all haste with the intention to serve as staging ground for newly arrived forces, but with the Alien advance it became obvious, that this position could not be hold any longer. Preparations for an evacuation had already begun and now the last members of Division / Regiment command personnel was about to leave the base, that already experienced firefights along its western edge. The helicopters turned southward and arrived at Hawthorne Municipal Airport in order to establish a new base. Santa Monica was lost, now the rest of the city had to be defended.

Last edited:
Friday, 1st August 2014
11:30 AM

Situation Report:

Alpha - The sector saw little fighting, and the present forces of 2/5 could hold the line.

Bravo - Another push of the enemy forces could not be repulsed and the frontline was pushed back to 23rd Street, reaching the edge of Santa Monica Municipal Airport.

Charlie - As in Bravo, Charlie experienced a major assault. Despite a successful air strike and the arrival of the 2nd Recon Battalion, the enemy assault could only be slowed down, not stopped. The frontline now has reached Beethoven Street.

Delta - The arriving A-Company of 3/7 faced another major assault by enemy forces. When realizing, that they were badly outnumbered, they decided to retreat. The frontline now runs from Short Avenue westward to the Marina Freeway, where it turns south to the Ballona Creek.

1st Division suffered a total of 45 casualties, thereof 12 dead, and received 47 replacements.

Reinforcements

The following companies arrived at the reserve:

A-Company 3/1
A-Company 3/5
B-Company 3/7

Additionally the 1st Recon Battalion is now available.

Support Troops

The 1st Recon Battalion and the 1st Air Wing are ready for duty. The 2nd Recon Battalion had to be pulled back and won`t be available until 12:30 PM.

Recon

Estimations are, that the enemy had slightly higher casualties than the USMC. There are still no reports concerning enemy air units.

(Deadline is Wednesday 4 PM Forum Time. And just in case the map should be misleading: Sector D includes the area south of the Creek too.)

Last edited:

To:

CC:

Subject: Operation Payback

The Division now has the equal to a reinforced Battalion level of forces in reserve.
I recommend that the Division send one company to D Sector, then shove the battalion force into A Sector and down the enemy throat.

Sincerely,

Bugwar

Colonel, Infantry
Commanding

Colonel Bugwar you have two reserve companies of your own in reserve use those to launch a counter attack in Sector A. Other Reinforcements should be placed in Sector D while I'll try to use my assets to help hold the centre against the Alien advance. The Airport might be all but lost but that doesn't stop us from trying our best to hold it.

Hoorah!

Colonel Bugwar you have two reserve companies of your own in reserve use those to launch a counter attack in Sector A. Other Reinforcements should be placed in Sector D while I'll try to use my assets to help hold the centre against the Alien advance. The Airport might be all but lost but that doesn't stop us from trying our best to hold it.

Roger, WILCO!
Semper Fi!