• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have returned from retirement.

I vote no to the budget.

I shall now return to my peaceful retirement.

I affix my signature to the Electoral Reform.

~His Imperial and Royal Majesty, the German Emperor, King of Prussia and King of Poland, Wilhelm III

By a quorum of the Reichstag, I announce that the German Budget of 1918-1919 has been passed by 119 Votes in the Yay to 116 Votes in the Nay. I send it to the Kaiser for approval and affix my signature to it.

I hereby sign the Budget.

~His Imperial and Royal Majesty, the German Emperor, King of Prussia and King of Poland, Wilhelm III

Last edited:
I hereby bring The Economic Revitalization Act and The National Bank Act to vote.

I vote YES to The Economic Revitalization Act and NO to the National Bank Act.

I vote yes to both bills. I will also like to note that without the Economic Revitalization Act, the government will gain 9B RM in debt, which will in turn require 900M RM in interests payments each year. As a reminder for the members of the Reichstag, below are the two bills being voted on:

The Economic Revitalization Act​

The Reichsmark will be competitively devalued by 3.5%. The treasury department will print 10,500,000,000 RM in response to this devaluation, this money will be used to help finance the reconstruction process. The purpose of this devaluation is to improve the competitiveness of German goods in the global market place.

The National Bank Act​
The Treasury Ministry and Parliament shall be divested of their ability to control the monetary supply of the German nation. Instead this power will be transferred to Reichsbank. The Reichsbank will be independent of legislative and political oversight. It will be charged with maintaining a stable currency for the German people and responding to the changing economic necessities of the nation (ie price targeting ((inflation control for later)) and some growth targets).

The board of the Reichsbank would be composed of nine economists elected by their peers to a maximum of three four year terms, from this the Treasury Minister would select the board's chairman who would serve a maximum of two six year terms. Once elected or appointed the only way that an individual is removed from the board is All other positions in the National Bank would be merit based and applied for, or promoted from within the National Bank. This structure is designed to remove the potential for political favoritism and other such undesired outcomes from occurring.

Furthermore, the Reichstag will be divested of all powers concerning the control of the value of the Reichsmark, such power will rest solely with the Reichsbank.

I also bring forward the following two bills:
The War Memorials Act​

The German government shall preserve the mass graves created by the French during the war as an eternal reminder of the devastation of war and the horrors perpetrated by those in power in France. Similarly a new memorial will be built in Koblenz to commemorate our victory. The graves of those who fought and died for our nation will be similarly funded.

This project will be funded with 50,000,000 RM initially and 5,000,000 RM each year thereafter.

Military Reform Act​
The civilian government shall appoint a representative to serve as its representative on the General Staff. This representative shall keep the Government appraised of the developments on the General Staff and the war effort. The representative will also serve as conduit for communications between the two parties. Additionally, two rotating members of the General Staff shall meet with Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, War Minister, and Treasury Minister each week.

I vote Yes to both bills.

While I support the War Memorials Act entirely, I question the value of the Military Reform Act. As Minister of War, I already serve as a liaison between the General Staff and His Imperial Majesty's government. An additional civilian representative is entirely unnecessary when I am fully prepared to brief the Chancellery and the Reichstag on any matter regarding military affairs save those of the Navy, for which I defer to my colleague in the Naval Ministry.

A government-appointed representative would inevitably be affected by politics and dependent upon the current makeup of the governing coalition. Furthermore, a political appointee sitting on the General Staff and reporting every deliberation and theory back to the government will negatively affect the quality and reliability of advice we get from our generals and admirals. While I respect the goal of your proposal, which is to decrease the politicization of the General Staff and increase the flow of information, I believe it would in fact have the opposite effect.

I vote yes to all current bills up for vote.

After further consideration, I now announce my support for the National Bank Act; hopefully, it will prevent government corruption and will further promote economic recovery and growth.

Last edited:
I vote Yes to the Economic revitalisation act. A slightly devalued currency will not drastically affect the workers while this extra money could help build the economy back to full strength which will help them.

I vote No to the National Bank Act as by giving monetary power to an institution which we have no oversight over is going to lead to even more corruption as the leaders of this bank are corrupted by Capitalists to change the currency to serve there own plans

Reviewing the parliamentary record, I am surprised to see that the proposed Poland Act of 1918, amended by myself before being introduced for voting, is listed as having failed. The bill in question received 201 votes for and 51 votes against, with 144 abstentions. Even if every abstaining representative had decided to cast their vote against the Poland Act, it would still have passed by six votes. As such, I cannot understand why the Act was not passed into law, although I fear it may have been lost in the legislative hubbub that has consumed the Reichstag. I now urge the Emperor to sign this legislation; otherwise, we shall be without a constitutional settlement for the Kingdom of Poland.

- His Royal Highness, Prince August Wilhelm, Viceroy and Governor-General of Poland