• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yay for making my low-class family into nobles for pretend! I'm afraid I'll probably spend hours creating a coat-of-arms for my pretend not-lowborn family! :p

Hah, silly peasant!

I'm totally recreating my family CoA (and probably creating some fictional ancestors, would just be too weird with my actual family!) Still, my ancestors once ruled part of northern Ulster... why not fudge history so we still do?

I don't think I'll get this, I was hoping for a content pack to say the truth, like fleshing out the Byzantines or the Crusades (edit: saw it done for free in the patch instead, glorious!)or whatever. Oh well, all in due time I suppose.

Looks like a really great tool however, hope not many are as tentative about it as me :) Great new way to go about things, that we can pick and choose what we like from all the DLC rather tan have them lumped together in a expansion.

Last edited:
Really like this, and the other dlc video i seen :) but some ppl will never be happy with whats released, cant make everyone happy lol as long as they keep working on the game im sure everyone will get what theyare waiting for

Fantastic news. Emperor Billy Bob (and his wife Betty Lou Thelma Liz) will soon take up their rightful places! Yeehaw!

In principle a brilliant dlc, which will make a lot of people happy. Although I do share similar concerns as AllThat4Nothing, but Kazmir has a point too; I'll probably buy it, but for me personally it wasn't a priority.
OTOH you can only make changes at the start of the game and brilliant rulers can have idiot heirs. :)

I don't think I'll get this, I was hoping for a content pack to say the truth, like fleshing out the Byzantines or the Crusades (edit: saw it done for free in the patch instead, glorious!)or whatever. Oh well, all in due time I suppose.

Looks like a really great tool however, hope not many are as tentative about it as me :) Great new way to go about things, that we can pick and choose what we like from all the DLC rather tan have them lumped together in a expansion.

I agree. I would buy almost any DLC, but tweaking my own character is never something I want in a history game. I am really surprised that this is what people wanted. I am ready for DLC that adds more meat to the game after the dungeons and dragons crowd gets their fix creating their ahistorical characters.

Two questions:

1) can you edit multiple characters/characters other than the one you are going to play? For example, can I make Duke William look the way I want, and then play as Harold? Or do characters revert back to their default settings once you select a different character?
2) how will these changes be saved? Will it just be in the savegame file, or will it be possible to save your custom CoAs/character portraits as a mod?

I was also wondering if you can change multiple people? On top of that can you just make a new character from scratch and revert other characters to dukes/counts/courtiers. For instance you want to be the Duke of Normandy but you don't want to get rid of William. He gets pushed down to a count and you are his duke. Also in MP can everyone make their own dynasty (if they have the dlc) and would people who do not have the DLC see the changes made by people who did?

My sentiments exactly.

I don't see the point in limited the stats; people that want to max 'em out can just go into the files and edit them anyway.

Oh well. Any limitations on attributes?

I wish it had been an actual gameplay affecting DLC instead since this stuff is so very easily modifiable from files (and honestly someone could've probably made a simple external program to do that in an evening)

Clever marketing to release it in conjunction with a major patch. Like vanin, I have relatively little interest in these features, but I am very interested in the patch, so I'll buy the DLC as a sort of voluntary payment for the patch and to support further DLCs that may interest me more.

I don't see the point in limited the stats; people that want to max 'em out can just go into the files and edit them anyway.

Oh well. Any limitations on attributes?
For multiplayer, I'm assuming.

Re attributes, I think so--in the demo video each has a number next to it--bad traits have positive numbers, good ones, negative numbers. Looks like a sort of point-buy system.

Amazing! This is exactly what I wanted!

A small request though. Is it possible for you developers to have this character customization DLC also generate the DNA and property codes used in the game files. If I want to change a dozen characters in a certain way, I don't want to have to do it at the start of every game. With the property and DNA codes I could just put what I create into the game files and my mods. The same thing goes for Coats of Arms too. Thanks. :)