• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
We're aiming to have our first major dlc for Crusader Kings II available at April 17th.

[video=youtube;nvf8X_bXDHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvf8X_bXDHI&feature=plcp&context=C49122fbVDvjVQa1PpcFMlix52ctGZXYoruwq7q6un tVsJsYSgU_I%3D[/video]

This is something that you guys here requested last autumn, so we have now made it for you.

Basically, its a ruler designer, where you can edit your character, dynasty, traits, stats and much more at the start of the game..

Who do you want to be today? When you start a new game of Crusader Kings 2 it is the question that every player faces, still finding that perfect character to play is always the challenge. You may have found the perfect place but well the man who has it just isn't quite right. A stat is a little too low, that trait is a little annoying, he could really do with a son and heir, the less said about the nose the better, and why does he have such a stupid name? Well now with the new CK2 ruler designer all these are in your
hands. Customise your character your way. Tweak and change any aspect of the character or even create an all new character and dynasty to play with. Create your portrait, change the name and dynasty and even customise your coat of arms. Change traits and stats at will and decide the size of the immediate family. The game that lets you choose your goals now will let you
choose your character.

The original idea thread was http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...tion-for-Customization-of-Player-Coat-of-Arms

Couldn't tell from the vid., is there a limited pool of points for stat allocation or is it left to user discretion?

I hope the former.

former.. :)

I'm a bit on the fence for this one... I like the idea of modding tools! If I were to do modding for this game I would buy it for sure, the amount of time it would save makes it easily worth the 5$. Even if I don't do modding I might buy it anyway to sort of 'vote with my dollar' that Paradox should keep making modding tools.

It's not really made as a modding tool, although if it is useful to modders too that is great. The base idea is just that players like to customise their character.

Sounds like this will cost more than it should. Specially for something people can do by modifying a few txt files on notepad...

So if you prefer that, keep doing it and don't spend anything? What's your point? Every time DLC is mentioned there's a line of complaint with the bizarre subtext that players are somehow forced to buy it. If you are happy without the DLC and/or feel it is not worth the cost: Do not buy it!

Also, I think you are rather over-simplifing the process. While it's pretty easy to change a characters traits by editing their file it's a lot more complicated to customise their appearance/COA to the degree possible in the editor. If you have memorised how all possible DNA combinations affect facial features, good for you, that is pretty amazing! But I doubt many have.

Also, even for people who know how to do this, I think a lot of them will feel happier to have it as an official part of the game with a age/stat tradeoff and a GUI to make their changes in.

Still, again, if it offers you no benefit: Don't get it, no one is forcing you to.

I partly agree in that this could easily have been an integral part of the game at the start. However, as it doesn't affect the core gameplay elements of the game I can live with that so will buy it anyway. I would hope it would get integrated in a further expansion at a later date.

No it couldn't easily have been part of the game as it takes someone time to make - time that wasn't available. It's not like we the developers had this nifty tool to help us out when making the game. This is a completely new feature that has been made after the release of the game.

So the game was released to early and now we have to spend money for something that should be from the beginning in the game IMHO. So please guys don't set too strict release date in the future. I am old time player and this DLC sh*t is driving me mad.

Or: let's cut it out and release later to make more money from gamers... Sorry if I offend you, but this looks like that to me :(

Please post your wild conspiracy theories somewhere else.

Yeah they should charge for pause button too. It is not necessary for it to be day-1 DLC or a feature from CKI to be fund grab, why should it be ?

Not sure if trolling or...

Pause button is clearly a vital feature, while the Ruler designer is in no way a vital feature. It's entirely optional and new, and I really can't see how you can make the case that it should have been in the release version. It doesn't make any sense. You bought CK2 with no suggestion there was or would ever be a Ruler designer, now we have made one (which took time and effort) so you can optionally buy it if you want it.