• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmmm I tried taking a look at the mod out of curiosity, but now I can't seem to load my vanilla game. At first rome was crashing every time I turned it on, so I cleared the map cache. Now it loads, but will crash if I click on single player. I can't say that it was caused by the mod, but it was the last thing I did before trouble. Anyone have a suggestion?

I'd add that this small trouble aside, I look forward to the final result, been checking daily for the last couple months on progress. Keep up the good work and enjoy. :)

2 days or so ago I had the same problem without having tried out the 2.0 beta so far. Best you do a complete reinstall. To me the problem came out of the blue. First wouldn't start the game and than later on wouldn't start with a starting scenario. But I got it working again after a reinstall and downloading the CORRECT patches. Make sure you install the correct ones.

Othershade, you say it won't load your vanilla game. Does that mean that you can still load Imperium? And when you load vanilla, does the game calculate new paths? Does the game dir contain all the necessary cache files after the game has crashed?

Othershade, you say it won't load your vanilla game. Does that mean that you can still load Imperium? And when you load vanilla, does the game calculate new paths? Does the game dir contain all the necessary cache files after the game has crashed?

All the necessary cache files is a tricky question. I've not made it a habit to memorize what there should be. The cache folder is filled with paths however and I can also add that the game loads it creates textures.

As for the mod itself that seems to crash if I try to load period until I cleared the cache again. However it too now dies when I click single player.

I'd just assume my game has been corrupted on me some how and will have to reinstall, again, as par Darthvegeta800's point.

Thanks you two.

If you're interested, I could release a second beta this week. It won't be the final, fantastic version of 2.0, but it's better than the last one. ;)

Go for it :)

It crashed almost instantly.

Edit: I reinstalled (kinda) and now I cant even get into the game at all.

2nd Edit: I fixed the above, but the game still crashes about 25 days in.

Last edited:
This man desperately needs some help... unfortunately I can't between work, studying for a Masters, and such...

Hat's off Descartes... just keep pluggin!

Nope. The "final, fantastic version of 2.0" includes Italy only, and so do all the beta releases that precede it.

So new map will be for 3.0?