• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Silversweeeper

Ichi no Hito
58 Badges
Aug 24, 2012
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Magicka
What's this?
This is a submod for the Faerûn mod, allowing for the creation of custom "adventurers", such as your own Dungeons and Dragons characters (only Human, Dwarf, Half-Dwarf, Gnome, and Halfling characters as of 0.2.0).

How does it work?
You will find a "Recruit custom adventurer" decision in the Decisions tab. Upon taking this decision, you will get a series of events asking you questions about the adventurer you wish to create, ending up with the character being created and you getting the opportunity to specify their dynasty name and first name. See the screenshots below for a (condensed) example.

ck2_10.png

ck2_11.png

ck2_12.png

ck2_14.png

ck2_15.png

In addition to this, there are targeted decisions for setting up relationships (friend/lover/rival) between custom adventurers at your court if you created them, and a targeted decision to play as a custom adventurer you've created, should they be your vassal or below of your current character.

ck2_16.png

Why would I want to use this submod rather than the Ruler Designer DLC?
The Ruler Designer DLC is good at what it does, and probably is better for its intended purposes. However, this submod offers a few things the Ruler Designer does not, which potentially could make it a better option depending on what you want to achieve:
- You do not have to unland a canon/historical character in the process.
- You do not have to play as your created character if you'd rather have them around as a courtier/vassal of your ruler.
- You can create multiple characters, conceivably allowing for you to have a whole adventuring party present.
- You can set up friend/lover/rival relationships between your created characters with targeted decisions, provided your current character created them and that they are in your court (and compatibility, in case of setting up lovers).

Can I create a <race> character?
At present, only Human, Dwarf, Half-Dwarf, Gnome, and Halfling characters can be created. The plan is to eventually add support for any race in the main mod that a Dungeon Master could be reasonably expected to permit at their table -- e.g. various kinds of Elves and Dwarves will be added, but not e.g. Elder Brains -- though that will not happen overnight.

Further anticipated questions and answers:
What prevents me from creating overpowered characters?
Aside from some limitations on what you can pick -- e.g. at most two classes -- there's not really anything preventing that.

What do I get to select when creating the character?
At present, the following things are customizable:
- The character's sex and whether they have the Androgynous trait.
- The character's race (only Human/Dwarf/Half-Dwarf/Gnome/Halfling, for now).
- The character's culture (allowing the selection of all cultures that are not just for portraits) and ethnicity (limited based on race, and races with subraces will (once implemented) select a subrace instead, e.g. Half-Wood Elf).
- The character's religion (allowing all religions in the mod except the "Pagan", "Filler", and "Monstrous" religions and the reformed versions of various reformable religions).
- If applicable, the character's Qisma'ite school (including "None"), syncretic religion (if Muhjari), and patron deity/religious branch/similar (including if syncretized).
- One or two classes, including class level ("Trained Bard", "Legendary Wizard", etc.) and specialization if applicable (e.g. being a Pact of the Blade Warlock). Follows the same restrictions as for the class ambitions in the main mod, so e.g. Wizard + Sorcerer isn't an option.
- The character's education, including the specific trait levl.
- The character's sexuality.
- The character's lifestyle (if any).
- The general "trait-wise" appearance of the character; up to one attractiveness trait (e.g. "Groomed" or "Plain"), whether they have freckles, if they are maimed (any one option except generic "Maimed" and Eunuch, including "Not maimed"), whether they have scars (and the amount), up to one strength trait (e.g. "Weak"), and whether they are fat/malnourished/neither.
- Whether the character is a lunatic/possessed/neither, whether they have a lisp/stutter/neither, up to one intelligence trait (e.g. "Dim"), possibly one +2 to an attribute (Diplomacy/Martial/Stewardship/Intrigue/Learning), and possibly one -2 to an attribute (ditto; can't be the same).
- One to four non-contradictory (e.g. no stacking Lustful and Chaste) personality traits, or up to three non-contradictory personality traits and a Sympathy trait (cannot be both Sympathetic and Zealous).
- The character's age (16-100 for Humans; age spans start at 16 and have a generous margin on top of the "Average lifespan" for every race).
- Whether the character is left-handed or not.
- Whether the character is a poet/falconer/neither.
- If the character is a Fighter or Barbarian, which kind of weapon they use (requires Monks and Mystics).
- The character's dynasty name.
- The character's first name (and potentially middle name(s), if you use spaces).

The option to pick up to one template (e.g. being Planetouched) will possibly be added at some point, but it is not considered a priority compared to adding most races.

Will <specific character creation setup> work?
If it falls within the limitations above, it should be possible. However, considering the extremely large number of possible combinations only a very, very, very tiny fraction has been tested, so it is possible something might not work as intended.

Will this work with vanilla CK2/<a non-Faerûn mod>?
No. Something similar could conceivably be created to work with that, but I don't see myself doing it; I don't have much interest in it, and it'd take a not inconsiderable amount of work to modify what already exists to make it work elsewhere.

Can I play as my created character?
If your current character created them and has landed them as a vassal or below, you can find a targeted decision to play as them on the character in question.

Can I decide/change a created character's appearance?
You'll be able to change their haircut/beard with the Customization Pack DLC if playing as them, and could replace their DNA string in your save with the DNA of a character of the same race/culture/etc. that you've created in the Ruler Designer, should you wish to do that. Anything else is not really feasible.

Can I decide/change the CoA of the character's dynasty?
If you have the Customization Pack DLC, you can use that. If not, you could edit in a different one (e.g. one designed with the Ruler Designer) in the save.

Will my created character act in-character?
They will act in accordance with the default AI logic unless you control them (in which case they'll act the way you play them). Additionally, just like any other character in the game they can gain/lose traits, which further might affect how they behave.

Will this submod be on the Steam Workshop?
No; I don't tend to check the Workshop very frequently, and I'd easily forget to update it or to check feedback/bug reports/etc. there, so it seems like a poor idea.

Which version of the Faerûn mod is this submod compatible with?
The current version should be compatible with Experimental 96; it won't be compatible with older versions, but it'll possibly run with a later version.

Do I need <DLC> to use this submod?
This submod does not require any DLCs, though the option to select a weapon for a Fighter/Barbarian requires Monks and Mystics and the main Faerûn mod requires a bunch of graphical DLCs if you use the version that contains portraits.

Do I need any other (sub)mods?
Only the base Faerûn mod is required.

When will this submod be updated?
When the next update is considered to be ready. Considering that I have other things that I need and/or want to do than CK2 modding, that I have other CK2 modding commitments, and that the difficulty of implementation very likely will differ from one thing to another, there is no set release schedule, and even smaller fixes/tweaks will not be rushed out.

Will this submod work with <other Faerûn submod>?
This submod only changes a single file found in the main Faerûn mod -- messagetypes.txt -- and no other vanilla files. It will very likely work with any other submod that has not also changed this file, with a few caveats; see below.

The main mod/another submod I use has added a culture/religion/trait; will this submod still work?
It should work, but it will not be possible to select the new culture/religion/trait. As far as the main mod goes, this will be fixed whenever this submod next is updated.

The main mod/another submod that I use has moved a culture/religion to another group; will this submod still work?
It should work, but the culture/religion will be found where it used to be. As far as the main mod goes, this will be fixed whenever this submod next is updated.

The main mod/another submod I use has removed or renamed a culture/religion/trait tag; will this submod still work?
It'll probably not work. As far as the main mod goes, this will be fixed whenever this submod next is updated.

Attachments

• Faerun adventurer creation 0.2.0 - A Small-to-Medium-sized Update.zip
    1,2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Version 0.2.0 "A Small-to-Medium-sized Update" is now out. This version was developed with Experimental 96 in mind.

Changes compared to 0.1.0:
- Added support for Easting, Rakasta, and Corbie cultures.
- Added the ability to select any one sympathy trait (excluding the one matching your religion). Will cost you one personality trait pick, for ease of scripting. Sympathy for Many Faiths is an option.
- Set up more age range logic (ranges not final, included races and subraces not guaranteed to make the final cut).
- Added support for Dwarf, Half-Dwarf, Gnome, and Halfling characters.
- Localisation improvements.

• 2Like
Reactions: