• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Yer of Upheaval
Part 11: Wider War III, October 1 – December 31, 1942

The wider war, as it is always wont to do no matter the geopolitical and geostrategic circumstances surrounding any one specific conflict, went on.

As was his wont when the situation on land stalemated, Mussolini took to the seas. He sent Da Zara on one of the most dramatic missions of the war.

Some typos.

I like to see you keeping on your toes, while South Africa may not have left the war, they must certainly be quite demoralized. It would be interesting to do some more exploring, landings might be interesting.

I am quite impressed with the Finnish AI aswell, let's see how they can cope with a Germany that actually is paying attention to them.

Some typos.

I like to see you keeping on your toes, while South Africa may not have left the war, they must certainly be quite demoralized. It would be interesting to do some more exploring, landings might be interesting.

I am quite impressed with the Finnish AI aswell, let's see how they can cope with a Germany that actually is paying attention to them.

He's a Brit, they speak that way. :D

Good update, Myth. Have you considered the possibility that the SA army might already be deployed to Britain, and maybe elsewhere?:eek:

cthulhu: Well, Finland is actually part of the Allies here. It's fighting against Germany. ;)

Baltasar: Probably never. :p

BlitzMartinDK: Yep. :p

Maj. von Mauser: Oops typos. Oh well. As for South Africa, I don't have the resources at the moment to deal with another 30 divisions! And Finland is pretty good, yeah. :p

Forster: I'm no Brit! :p

Forster: I think they're all sat guarding SA's ports, really. Big big stacks of formations not moving anywhere. :p

Jemisi: Maybe a bit. :p

BlitzMartinDK: I like your optimism. :D

Maj. von Mauser: I don't have an accent either! But everyone else seems to think I do. :p

cthulhu: Well, Finland is actually part of the Allies here. It's fighting against Germany. ;)

Ooops. Sorry about that, old sport. :D Wtf is the German AI doing?

The lull in the war means you are still surviving which is the ultimate goal. Wishing for interesting times usually brings the flood that washes away all before it.

One thing I'd like to see if possible is a breakdown of your forces - you've had 6 years of production now and it would be an interesting measuring stick given your strong development of the Naval forces to see in totality the Italian force structure.

Just the brief pie chart rundown in the Stats would be helpfull if you don't have time to develop an OOB report.

thanks

Not a Brit? Sorry, your tag, Reading, England, and all that. Oh well, who knew, do we have a real Italian transplant?:eek:

I don't have an accent either! But everyone else seems to think I do. :p

Well, I guess I have an American accent, but in America, I have no accent.:rofl:

He's a Brit, they are wont to speak that way. :D

More typos. :p

And South Africa... something tells me they're going to play a very important role in this war sometime in the future... :eek:

cthulhu: God only knows. :p

BlitzMartinDK: Maybe. :p

DanSez: Well, surviving is the goal of last resort. I'd hope Italy profits from the war. As for the breakdown of my armed forces, this is something I can arrange to have. :p

Forster: Nope, not an Italian either. :p

Maj. von Mauser: Maybe, maybe not. :p

Judas Maccabeus: Hehe, maybe. Or maybe not! We'll see! ;)

Update tomorrow. And then I go home on Sunday as spring break begins so there'll be a slight lull in updates as I overcome jet lag and all that sort of thing.

As is my wont... that's no typo. Just a little-used (some might call it archaic) expression. :)

Little-used and under-appreciated.
There's no more elegant way to say that someone is likely to do something than to suggest it is his wont. Every other way of putting it is awkward by comparison.

Was the entirety of the S.African fleet sunk by carrier planes? And how many rounds (flights, whatever) did it have to take before this was accomplished? I must say I'm very impressed with the Italian naval strengths...but not quite so impressive as the turn-around in Italy's ground forces. Re-read the first few pages of this AAR and you'll see how far exactly the Italian armed forces have gone. Now, hopefully the Italian air arm will see some loving. :D

Just to make you feel bad :D, I am playing Italy but have not joined the axis. I don't have the fleet you do, but I have taken Spain, Vicyht, Turkey, Greece, Yugo, Persia, puppeted Afghan and Nepal, concurred India to the Thai border. Thailand, SA, Australia and Port are in the Axis. After I took the Belg holdings inf Africa, Germany puppeted them. I have most of Africa except for the sw area around Liberia, been slow going.
Germany has conquered Sweden, Norway and Pol, is at war with the SU, but so far has taken Leningrad, Moscow and is approaching Stalingrad. Japan has taken most of China and Yunnan is in the axis. I am using 1.3, BTW. Trying to move my units into place on the Germ border. The Brits have small foothold that encompasses the Cherbourg penninsula. US is in the Allies and it is Nov 41. I love it. :p

womble: Indeed it is, and a good one. :D

Incognitia: Yep. ;)

Jorath13: Yep, the entirety as far as I'm aware. No idea how long it took to do. And yeah, the army's improved significantly. :p

Forster: Sounds like a fun game. :D

Update tonight! Also tomorrow I'll be at a workshop on insurgencies, counterinsurgency and atrocities and on Sunday I'm flying home! :p