Expecting the attention to detail in other parts of the world too

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gurtannon

Captain
28 Badges
Mar 10, 2024
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
We have seen the South Asian and European political borders so far, and these were good and detailed which small nations existed instead of big placeholder for them, I hope some underrated parts of the world will have the same detail too , especially the Americas and Africa, there were thousands of different tribes and cultures there, so I expect many one-two location tribes isolated in south america, and in mesoamerica, there were hundreds of city states, so I am expecting HRE granularity there which city state really represent city state. Also mesoamerican conquest was more like a tributary, so when you form and expand as Aztecs, you shouldnt be able to just turn to a bigger tag, but instead you should be the overlord of a hundred tributary city state

Last edited:
  • 19Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
It would be nice but I do not expect or really require that level of detail

• 1Like
Reactions:
In theory I agree.

In practice, the only thing that can be drawn for huge chunks of the map is fantasy. Nothing against fantasy, but EU5 ain't it.

• 9Like
Reactions:
It would be nice but I do not expect or really require that level of detail

In theory I agree.

In practice, the only thing that can be drawn for huge chunks of the map is fantasy. Nothing against fantasy, but EU5 ain't it.
According to me, the amount of political border detail shouldnt be determined by the whether players play on that region a lot or not, of course player popularity will and should influence the amount of flavour they have, but the map detail should independent of popularity.
Also I dont mean find each chief name etc, unknown chief is a needed feature

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
According to me, the amount of political border detail shouldnt be determined by the whether players play on that region a lot or not, of course player popularity will and should influence the amount of flavour they have, but the map detail should independent of popularity.
Got nothing to do with popularity and everything to do with how little we know about these regions. @Thorum said nothing about popularity yet your argument basically strawmans his argument into that.

Unless you want to invent some polities to stick around the map out of pure imagination, then they wont exist.

• 10Like
Reactions:
Got nothing to do with popularity and everything to do with how little we know about these regions. @Thorum said nothing about popularity yet your argument basically strawmans his argument into that.

Unless you want to invent some polities to stick around the map out of pure imagination, then they wont exist.
You said I dont expect or really REQUIRE that level of detail, what do you mean by require if it is not about popularity

• 1Like
Reactions:
Its fun because it is the HRE. If Mexico or South east asia had that level of granularity it would be more of a nightmare.

We do know that all the world has roughly the same amount of locations per province, between 4-8 per province, and that is good enough.

• 8Like
Reactions:
Its fun because it is the HRE. If Mexico or South east asia had that level of granularity it would be more of a nightmare.

We do know that all the world has roughly the same amount of locations per province, between 4-8 per province, and that is good enough.
So do you mean we shouldnt represent these people because not many people will play as them? ı am trying to say there is a distinction between having flavour and existing on map

• 3Like
Reactions:
You said I dont expect or really REQUIRE that level of detail, what do you mean by require if it is not about popularity
That is entirely about what I like. Me liking or disliking something doesn't affect its popularity :p

Reactions:
So do you mean we shouldnt represent these people because not many people will play as them? ı am trying to say there is a distinction between having flavour and existing on map
wut? I said the whole world doesn't need to have the level of granularity of the HRE, not that they wont be represented. As I said, the whole world is more than represented with 4-8 locations per 1 EU4 province

Reactions:
wut? I said the whole world doesn't need to have the level of granularity of the HRE, not that they wont be represented. As I said, the whole world is more than represented with 4-8 locations per 1 EU4 province
Whole world needs the same level of map detail given to HRE, not all the regions were composed of tiny nations similar to HRE, but the ones that were granular like HRE in history should be represented as granular too (like tribes and city states)

Reactions:
That is entirely about what I like. Me liking or disliking something doesn't affect its popularity :p
South american tribes being less popular is a fact honestly, not a opinion so I was talking about south america being bot popular should not affect the amount of detail given to borders of the nation ( I dont mean content probably %99 of tribes will get random chief at start and will be pretty boring I dont play south america too, but they shouldnt be one placeholder tribe just because they are boring, but yea I find them boring doesnt mean removing tribes either too they should have exist because they existed

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Whole world needs the same level of map detail given to HRE, not all the regions were composed of tiny nations similar to HRE, but the ones that were granular like HRE in history should be represented as granular too (like tribes and city states)

Oh sure then lets have the whole map looking like this. This looks like fun! Im also sure there are lots of records showing the medieval granularity of most of the world in the XIV century!

Se-or-osde-Espa-a4.png

• 12Haha
Reactions:
Oh sure then lets have the whole map looking like this. This looks like fun! Im also sure there are lots of records showing the medieval granularity of most of the world in the XIV century!

View attachment 1127237
What is this? Is this nation map or administrive or landowner map of Iberia? As we can see in last dd photo France is granular HRE is geanular and Italy is granular as they were in 1337, so if Iberia was granular and had many nation then it should be represented too what is your point bruh?

• 4Like
Reactions:
im honestly leaning the other way - not a fan of hre being represented as billions of independet village states.

instead of having "mandate of heaven"-mechanic, "hre"-mechanic etc specifically to represent a special type of political reality of a limited region, i would love to have mechanics that cover these different areas (basically so that i can maybe create mini-hre for persia or russia).

there was some good idea while back to change how empires function in eu4 as opposed to eu5... this could be the route to go for HRE, "roman empire" and mandate of heaven - same with aztec and all their small states around it

edit: come to think about it, i am not entirely sure we are able to generalize and have an "all-encompassing" mechanic that can realistically depict the different political realities of hre, mandate of heaven etc. (still not a fan of billions of independent "village"-states of hre... like can köln get an alliance with muscovy and attack austria? would make zero sense)

Last edited:
Seems to be the case, with uniform number of locations confirmed, and Shandong peninsula being very detailed. Also consider the culture map of India was ungodly and awesome. It had Korku, Gondi, Ahom... Not random chunks like Vicky 3 or EU4 does.

• 5Like
Reactions:
What is this? Is this nation map or administrive or landowner map of Iberia? As we can see in last dd photo France is granular HRE is geanular and Italy is granular as they were in 1337, so if Iberia was granular and had many nation then it should be represented too what is your point bruh?
France is not as granular as the hre, but was more granular than england and spain irl

I hope for a similar granularity for provinces and locations.
But tags granularity? Impossiblr, there is not enough sources to give HRE tag granularity to Americas and Subsaharan Africa in 1337.

What I hope for Americas and Africa is a consistent definition of what is a tag, what is a culture, what is a religion and what is playable and what is not playable. Also, I hope for good research, no fake cultures, fake tags or oversimplified things that we know to be wrong.

• 15Like
Reactions: