• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Admiral Tulp looked at the telexmessage in his hands.

"Blast." He muttered, then louder, "Signal the fleet, all engines stop. Luitenant Ash, our position please..."

"40 kilometers north-northwest of Kirby, sir!" rattles off the ever-efficient Lieutenant Ash.

"Thank you Luitenant. Commander Sonders send the following message encrypted to the Situation Room:

FROM: Admiral Henry John Tulp, CoS Eutopian Naval Defense Forces, Eutopian Fleet 40 Kilometers NNO of Kirby.
TO: General Burke, Supreme Commander Eutopian Defense Forces.

Ma'm, with the death of our Commander in Chieff President Gonzov I am awaiting your orders. I could contact Admiral Cortez to ask about our forces on the Oceanus and explain what happened from our perspective if you please. Otherwise I could contact the Indian vessels that were send to observe the situation and ask them if they want to conduc excercises with us. In the absence of orders I'll either stay at sea and keep drilling and manouvering or otherwise sail to Farpoint and stay stand-by. Thank you.

That was it Commander, now I'd like to get on the intercom and speak to the fleet.

"Ladies and Gentlepers, I have the sad taks of telling you the following news. Our Supreme Commander, President Gonzov, has died. Until the new President is instated we will follow orders from General Burke. My condolences. That was all."

Tulp gets a response from the Situation Room.

"Admiral Tulp,

Our rescue helicopters were intercepted by Tilapian fighters, and have returned to Eutopian airspace. The Torch has also exited Tilapian waters, pursued by ASW helicopters.

If you think you can get Cortez to give back the Oceanus and/or its crew, go ahead. But at this point, we must assume the crew has been captured and is beyond rescue, except by diplomatic overture...a portfolio held only by the President.

In short, if you can get him to give them back without giving up anything in return, do it. But you lack the authority to bind the country to any manner of agreement.

Additionally, the Tilapians issued a press release indicating they believe the Oceanus' crew to be special forces soldiers deployed to the island. They may be reluctant to believe you.

Burke"

New Lancaster City Navy Base,

after being almost a month away, officially on manouver but everyone knew that war was looming, finally the Eutopian Fleet, or the Eutopian Naval Defense Forces as it's officially called, finally returned to port...

Admiral Tulp contacts his aide through the intercom.

"Luitenant Ripley, could you get Admiral Cortez of the Tilapian Navy on the phone for me? Thank you."

Due to the new direct-line interchanges installed by the Tilapian and Eutopian militaries after the Oceanus crisis, it is less than 30 seconds before Tulp is on the line with his Tilapian counterpart.

"Cortez here. What can I do for you, Admiral?"

"Admiral Cortez! How are you? Everything still going the right way in BP? Anyway, I know I had promised to invite you when I had something impressive to show you but alas, the wheels of politics move very slowly around here. Onto official matters, I have been ordered by my President to conduct joint exercises with the Royal Tilapian Navy, I assume Her Majesty has ordered you similair?"

"I'm well, Admiral. BP is busy as always, but with the police action over, it's a much better kind of busy. As for my invitation to see something impressive up your way, well, lets just say I haven't been holding my breath." He chuckles.

"Yeah, I got the same order. Summers and Burke have been meeting regularly to set up the exercise, it sounds like we're getting everyone involved...army, SpecFors, air assets, the works. I'm looking forward to seeing how they divide us up. To my understanding, its just going to be an even 50/50 split of units, but seeing who the personnel at the top are should be entertaining.

Anyway, I imagine you'll be getting some more detailed orders about this stuff shortly."

Admiral Tulp recieves a call from Speaker Cain.

"Admiral, good evening. As you are aware it appears that, unless the President makes an appearance, I will be sworn in as the next president. One of the first things I want to do is meet with the ministers, and the Cheifs of Staff.

If I am sworn in I want to meet with you ASAP. I will need an update on our naval forces and what needs to be done with them. Thanks."