Eutopia: The Revival, a thread for Blade! and J-L to think and ponder...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
DEEEEP THOUGHTS

One of the first things I thought of was going to blogs for each individual player that wanted 'news media' and getting 2 active players/gms to run newspapers otherwise. 1 being a government run that always supports whatever government there is and the other being kind of trying to be fair. Would add a good comedic value to have a pravda-lite paper.

Also really need the map. :sleep:

Last edited:
I like the idea of 3 papers. A generic news only mod/gm one. One that whoever runs the government at the top can post in and one run by a trustworthy player to act as a general opposition paper. Or just do a generic right+left and a 3rd gm/mod paper so whichever side is in power most gets its side as 'the government' paper.

Thinking 2010 (have to check up on last official year of eutopia) might be a good starting year. After the economic crisis already is deep, gives us a few years of historic data to work with and can we start eutopia at a loosely speaking greeco-spain economic political situation?

That would work... or maybe, even contemporize it, explaining EUtopia has an economic lag following drop in European demand or somesuch.

One probale with EUtopia has always been it was totally left up to the player's creativity. Should we have some kind of mechanics or randomizing results (such as polls varying +/-10%)?

Sorry, slowed a bit by various busy factors, my dads health and one time yard projects.

Yeah was thinking elections would be like 35% players vote, 25% players campaigning, 25% a vote bloc split over every party that submits an election line up of any kind and 20% some random and set factors like biggest player party gets 5% and incumbent gets 5% and 10% is totally random split so the results are like 26.81%, 19.15%, 16.74% etc and not 22%, 19%, 15%.

We are both very busy- is there an assistant you would trust to appoint to assist us in creation?

We are both very busy- is there an assistant you would trust to appoint to assist us in creation?
Yes but he is busy also due to moving. :blush: I will be loosening up soon a bit and I have been thinking about it, just not quite putting pen to paper. Nothing is soon moving on treatment for my father and at least on the yard front the projects should be lighter. They were heavily based around a shed, the disruption of it to the yard, the moving of stuff to it and a bit yard rearranging because of it.

But yeah the economy should be deeply down in the dumps and maybe a little island protectionist fight, would need to research if the island had a mini free trade zone, I don't recall. The military should also thus also be in horrible shape equipment wise and after the somalia piracy and eutopia being an island only the navy should be in any shape of any kind. The military funding or not debate is always fun.

I've been told to post here because I'm good at games and politics and things.

I've been told to post here because I'm good at games and politics and things.
Hey Fry. Just at the errr alpha stage?? right now.

jacobl insisted that I do so.

THen you are in the right place. DO you know about EUtopia?

I've heard many a story about it, read through a few of the things I've been linked to. It seems like a generally fantastic idea, and I'd be interested in working with everyone to help get it going again in some form, if that's the general consensus.

Yeah was thinking elections would be like 35% players vote, 25% players campaigning, 25% a vote bloc split over every party that submits an election line up of any kind and 20% some random and set factors like biggest player party gets 5% and incumbent gets 5% and 10% is totally random split so the results are like 26.81%, 19.15%, 16.74% etc and not 22%, 19%, 15%.
So for elections I was thinking along those lines.

Maybe do a 50/50 split of players votes and campaigns/actions vs random and built in factors. That way we have a formula of sorts that can allow polls of support for parties to be easily generated and of course throw in a bit of bias to have 2 or 3 polls and a bit of random also.

Newspaper wise I think 3 is the good number and either 1 GM+1 left and 1 right or 1 GM+1 whoever is in the presidency and 1 run by someone willing to pretty much just be opposite everyone and non-stop complain/sling mud.

Then whoever wants to "run a blog" can in the way people use to run papers if they wanted to.

Business wise will need to be open to wealthy players but only eutopia wealthy, no one running around pretending to be worth 30 billion. Sports I think take soccer and football and set up leagues that update and play a bit to stick in the news and give misc water cooler talking points for players. I can run the football one but soccer is not my thing. :confused:

Guys? I bump and pm you later if no see bump. :)

Ah, thanks. To be honest I have been swamped with real life.

I like your idea of the voting formula. One problem I remember with starting Eutopia v 1.0 was people wanted to clone their personal real life political parties and issues: I wonder if we want to limit the issues to 5-10 Eutopia centric issues, or something... at least to avoid Eutopia being a Isreali-Palestinian real-life debate club.