Europa Universalis IV: Developer diary 40 - What is our mission ?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very exciting Developer Diary! I love all the changes.

I just hope there are back-up saves in the Steam Cloud for Ironman Mode in case of save file corruption.

That said, I really want to play with Ironman Mode because I need to kick the temptation to reload saves when something really unfortunate occurs.

I hope steam cloud is optional. I do not want to upload hundrets of megabytes every time I close eu.

All Steam cloud services are optional, Steam is not a DRM and thus can't oblige you to be online to play any of its games (unless the games themselves are set up to be online only by the developer). The cloud tries to sync once you close the game in all circumstances I'm aware of, so you can just disable the sync when you quit.

Finally, a fix for every minor NPC having a mission to conquer the Baltic.

I do sort of like the idea of Ironman, although I already play my paradox games without save reloading (it is just cheating, and makes the game boring very quickly), but I am a little bit worried about only one save existing. Paradox saves do have a history of getting corrupted. Of course, I don't care one jolt about achievements, so I'll probably just play like I always do, with 20 different save games.

Ironman... no cheating.. *sigh*

O well I had to stop being addicted to cheating anyway to be able to play multiuser (To prevent being pawned in the early game...) :)

I do sort of like the idea of Ironman, although I already play my paradox games without save reloading (it is just cheating, and makes the game boring very quickly), but I am a little bit worried about only one save existing. Paradox saves do have a history of getting corrupted. Of course, I don't care one jolt about achievements, so I'll probably just play like I always do, with 20 different save games.
I don't think I've ever seen a save getting corrupted in a (post) EU3 PDS game.

I-ironman mode?
B-but how will I be able to know if something like a DOW goes well otherwise! :(
Real small furry things from Alpha Centauri already play the game like it's Ironman.

(I don't; I can't be bothered actually building myself a microtweaked mod that removes or rebalances the outright broken pulse events.)

How about when using ironman mode have some saves that are saved in the cloud that can be used as a backup? So say if you're playing ironman mode and your save becomes corrupted you can then switch to normal mode and use an older save.

Also, how about getting an achievement for playing a modded version in the first place?

CKII also had an 18 month cycle with 6 months of QA.
Although, I've yet to have any of my saves corrupted by a PI game. Never had one in XCOM either (another game with Ironman mode). I assume corrupted saves are a very, very small anomaly.
CK2 retinue bug was a fairly common thing, while it didn't cause corruptions per se, it did cause crashing and lots of it.