• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fgorginator said:
This is a good idea. I can't do much unfortunately though.

I believe anybody can do something for this Mod. At least
at some point we gonna need MP Testers. ;)

IndoEsia45 said:
Terminator, are you already decided the unit ??,

Ground units

Last edited:
Wow

always wanted a mod like this for hoi2

good luck :)

Rodrico Stak said:
Oh! I just remembered that I can convert some CIV III animations for this mod.

Do you mean sprites ?

The picture is good. Can you make the rest of skins
in the same graphic style ?

I would just remove that figure on the horseback
in the right lower corner. It looks like a kid's toy.

Making skins don't forget their standard size is 1024 X 700 pixel.
As for the frame I can't say anything yet. Can you put it into
the proper folder then load the game and take a look how well
it looks ? It's hard to say when it's separate from the other grpahic
objects.

Okay, for skins somehow i already make it in 1024x768, but imageshack change it..and i will give you the screenshot from actual game.

edit: and Terminator can, i ask you about the editing images ??, How to make two images blend smoothly, so the border will be invisible ?? What blending option do you use ??

Last edited:
Just in case you are running out of Polish-related graphics

this page gives a lot of material for such - a collection of paintings by Jan Matejko.
Events from the right period should be relatively easy to indentify so there is no need for me to add anything more, I hope

http://www.pinakoteka.zascianek.pl/Matejko/Index.htm

In addition - here is my Polish-Lithuanian roster for the timeframe - 1570-1700. An example, obviously, but some graphics might be useful to develop pictures for the mod - there are other rosters too in that sub-forum, but only some were posted as a complete set.

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=72382

@Terminator

There will be tech teams in your mod ?

If so, how much IC do you plan to give to some factions - examples would be welcome.
Using Poland-Lituanian as the example I would see 2 for Pol and 1 for Lit meaning some 30+ IC for the entire Commonwealth - I think it would be fair, unless IC would be really high for states like England (i.e. over 40) which should mean rising the IC of the Pol-Lit state too.

Second. Ukraine - didn't exist at that time. The Cossack territory was just more remote and lawless part of Poland-Lithuania and Don Cossacks are not really in Ukraine.

Zaporozhian Cossacks and Don Cossacks might appear as puppet states, but given the time period the Zaporozhians had very little importance so it shouldn't really apply to them, yet.
Of course there might be a possibility to form a third part of the Commonwealth with them as a puppet of Poland thus avoiding any future disturbances (XVIIth century rebellions). It also means it needs to be in the same cultural zone as Poland - Russia was very much alien to Ukraine at that time.

For the same reason I would vote to make Lithuanian GD a state in the mod, but both an ally and a puppet (from 1569) of Poland (military access too, but without military control to recreate the fact it had its own army and command structure).
This should mean it will be in theory capable of signing peace on its own, will have its own techteams, commanders and ministers which would be fine.

This way the Commonwealth would become an alliance on its own which might temporary cooperate with anyone else ( in 1599-1600 it even temporary worked side by side with the Ottomans).

Don Cossacks were more important, I guess and can be given their own 'state'. :)

Last edited:
Pacifist said:
Excuse me IndoEsia, but that skin presented by terminator
i think looks better than yours.

Well if you think so we can just stick to the skin made by me as a generic picture for all nations so far untill we get something better.

IndoEsia45 said:
... and Terminator can, i ask you about the editing images ??, How to make two images blend smoothly, so the border will be invisible ?? What blending option do you use ??

Sure, I've sent you a private message with that information.

cegorach said:
Just in case you are running out of Polish-related graphics
this page gives a lot of material for such - a collection of paintings by Jan Matejko.
Events from the right period should be relatively easy to indentify so there is no need for me to add anything more, I hope
http://www.pinakoteka.zascianek.pl/Matejko/Index.htm

The pictures are good but I can hardly read Polish. Is there anything alike
but in English?

cegorach said:
@Terminator
There will be tech teams in your mod ?

Yes, there will be new tech teams. It's necessary to have new ones. Don't know yet exactly how much IC for every nation/group of nations but I am going to post some ideas soon.

cegorach said:
For the same reason I would vote to make Lithuanian GD a state in the mod, but both an ally and a puppet (from 1569) of Poland (military access too, but without military control to recreate the fact it had its own army and command structure). This should mean it will be in theory capable of signing peace on its own, will have its own techteams, commanders and ministers which would be fine.

This is exactly what I am going to do with the Commonwealth of Poland
and Lithuania.