EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is this an example how Portugal steals trade from Spain? Spain dominates European trade node and pulls trade from Americas so the incoming Trade value at Sevilla is 123 but Portugal dominates Sevilla so it gets more than it would.

OdhyADI.jpg

k3oHSnp.jpg

You should always be able to core provinces connected to a vassal or yours right? Is there a situation where that isn't true? I took a few landlocked provinces next to a landlocked vassal and I can't core any of them.

You should always be able to core provinces connected to a vassal or yours right? Is there a situation where that isn't true? I took a few landlocked provinces next to a landlocked vassal and I can't core any of them.
Tried reloading the game?

the vassal has to be in the same continent as your capitol for that to work.

Ah ok thats why :| I was splitting blob Nogai in half and couldn't core stuff connected to my vassal Georgia. Oddly enough, splitting them in half turned half of their provinces that are cut off from their capital into distant overseas provinces and me the colonialism CB on them lol.

Ah ok thats why :| I was splitting blob Nogai in half and couldn't core stuff connected to my vassal Georgia. Oddly enough, splitting them in half turned half of their provinces that are cut off from their capital into distant overseas provinces and me the colonialism CB on them lol.

That means the provinces are on a different continent than their capital. The most blatantly abused example of this is cutting the Mameluks off at Sinai to gobble up the Levant at 2% war score per province...

That means the provinces are on a different continent than their capital. The most blatantly abused example of this is cutting the Mameluks off at Sinai to gobble up the Levant at 2% war score per province...

In most late games you can force the Ottomans to release Syria + Iraq. In doing so, everything south of these nations becomes "distant overseas", including both Arabian peninsula and all of Africa, because Ottomans are European. This is particularly useful because you don't have to actually occupy anything before doing it, simply blasting the Ottos in combat for 40% WS and getting ticking. You can then take or return core everything down there at once in 1 war most likely, as you can get ~65% war score and if you cook them demand a bit over that.

The other obvious AI cut-off point is Russia. Unless they've really laid into the hordes you can again usually screw them by releasing Perm + maybe returning some cores.

It's also worth noting that AI protectorates are easy land if they are overseas. You declare war on master, then on protectorate, and you can negotiate separate peace with the protectorate while its provinces still count as overseas. It is possible (though not recommended) to, say, annex most of Ming at once that way if they're a protectorate.

In most late games you can force the Ottomans to release Syria + Iraq. In doing so, everything south of these nations becomes "distant overseas", including both Arabian peninsula and all of Africa, because Ottomans are European. This is particularly useful because you don't have to actually occupy anything before doing it, simply blasting the Ottos in combat for 40% WS and getting ticking. You can then take or return core everything down there at once in 1 war most likely, as you can get ~65% war score and if you cook them demand a bit over that.

The other obvious AI cut-off point is Russia. Unless they've really laid into the hordes you can again usually screw them by releasing Perm + maybe returning some cores.

It's also worth noting that AI protectorates are easy land if they are overseas. You declare war on master, then on protectorate, and you can negotiate separate peace with the protectorate while its provinces still count as overseas. It is possible (though not recommended) to, say, annex most of Ming at once that way if they're a protectorate.
:eek: Thanks! I think I just found my Ottoman killer strategy. I was allied with the Ottomans but after I destroyed Nogai who was also their ally and drained Russia of all their manpower and started a dogpile(my god that was hard, it drained all my manpower too because of that awful attrition and I had to peace out when they managed to win a single battle against my superior troops because they rolled no less than 7 every single dice roll and barely won the battle, which somehow sent their war enthusiasm up because they were "making gains" even though I had sieged down half their provinces, but it was going to leave my seige stacks exposed and massively reduce my warscore so I didn't want to keep fighting), they broke their alliance with me and rivaled me instead of Russia.

I have heard a discussion about how the last idea in religious ideas(+3 to tolerance of heretics?) has caused trouble for someone playing Poland or Lithuania because it causes automatic and constant religion province conversions.

How exactly does the idea benefit or cause problems for a player?
Does it have to do with how many heretic provinces you have?

I'm playing as Muscovy. I have this idea set plus there is a decision to increase my tolerance of heretics by +3. So I could increase my tolerance by +6.
Will this benefit me or cause problems?
I currently have about 2/3 or 3/4 of my provinces as Orthodox. 1 Catholic, 2 Protestant and perhaps 10 Sunni provinces.

Thanks

I have heard a discussion about how the last idea in religious ideas(+3 to tolerance of heretics?) has caused trouble for someone playing Poland or Lithuania because it causes automatic and constant religion province conversions.

How exactly does the idea benefit or cause problems for a player?
Benefit: Higher tolerance for heretics means lower RR in heretic provinces.

Problem: Having net-positive tolerance for heretics enables events which cause your provinces to become heretic (which reduces your Religious Unity), but it does not provide you with a bonus to Religious Unity. This is tolerable for Poland (since you get +25% RU from your NIs), but not so hot for Lithuania.

Do I have to play with a cloud save in Ironman games? In CKII I can save locally, is this impossible in EUIV?

Do zealots give provinces to neighboring nations of the same religion? How does that work? I'm Assam and Bengal has some provinces occupied by zealots. I'm at war with Bengal. The zealots are blue - do I still need to support them?

Yes, that's the idea. They pick the strongest local neighbour of that religion. In this case the blue just refers to flipping provinces they hold to you; if they cross into your borders, or if you enter the same province, they WILL be hostile.

Does anybody know how to display a popup saying that a nation started westernizing and that an advise has arrived to your court?