• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just (hopefully) a quickie for the Spain related achievements, do I need to unite Spain or can Castille do them just as well?

Pretty sure that if the achievement says "Spain" you have to form Spain before it counts. Some other ones require that you not form nations. There are also some that require specific start nations. If you are familiar with the code you can check them in the EU3/achievements/achievements.txt file.

edit: actually, upon further review, both the discover America and Spain is the Emperor achievements have Cas or Spa triggers so can be done as Castille

Thank you for that and shaming me into not thinking of doing that before you kindly checked for me :D

Napoleon trick works fine. I actually did it just last evening: begin in early 1793 with Historical leaders and he kindly appears around mid-year.
I suppose a similar trick should work for the "get 7.0 morale" and a "get a 8/8/8 monarch" - unless they require to begin a Grand Campaign.

Napoleon trick works fine. I actually did it just last evening: begin in early 1793 with Historical leaders and he kindly appears around mid-year.
Hmm. I tried (many times) starting when he's already there, as well as starting the GC and defeating Timur - which definitely doesn't work. But I'll give this a try
I suppose a similar trick should work for the "get 7.0 morale" and a "get a 8/8/8 monarch" - unless they require to begin a Grand Campaign.
Not sure about 8/8/8, but the 7 land/navy morale achievements do require a GC start.

I heard some time back if achievements not working (think it was jihad). How are things now? Do they all work?

Jihad works, but not as intended. Currently you must own Europe/Asia/Africa, all of it must be Sunni, but your own state religion cannot be Sunni.
See this thread for a description of one of the possible workarounds, or this post for another approach.

Also, "It's all about luck" remains mysterious. Most people report that it won't fire for them despite apparently meeting the requirements. I myself haven't been able to trigger it. But some few people say it does work. I suspect the required perfect general must be recruited during play, not given at the start of the game. Consider this recent comment:

Last edited:
That may be it , as i've defeated Napoleon thrice (including the full defeat of his army), but the achievement did not pop ...

Hmm. I tried (many times) starting when he's already there, as well as starting the GC and defeating Timur - which definitely doesn't work. But I'll give this a try
Ooops, misunderstanding on my part. I thought you were referring to the classic "play France in 1793 with historical leaders and get the 6/6/6 general" trick.
It should work for 8/8/8 monarch, since there's no GC requirement.

that achievement is still bugged, i think

I got it in single player just fine. Just to be clear, have you gotten any achievements in a multiplayer game? Or has anyone here? Whenever I play a multiplayer game, in the menu the achievements tab says "achievements are disabled due to the save file belonging to another profile or the save game has been edited."

I was under the impression that achievements were purposefully disabled in multiplayer to make them harder, until I saw this thread and at least one person specifically said that achievements could be gotten in multiplayer. Can anyone else confirm or deny?

Just managed to get "the pen is mightier than the sword" 1405:) quick unionwar with Bavaria at start was number one. Suddenly the evil french did some good for a change and killed Portugals king and forced them into union with me:laugh: A year after that Saxe-lauenburgs king died as usual and i got an union with them as well. they must be the best bet to get a free PU with in the beginning. seen it happend a lot.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if Norwegian Wood can be completed without a Grand Campaign start?

Code:
#'Norwegian Wood' - Become trade leader and production leader of Naval Supplies as Norway.
NORWEGIAN_WOOD = 
{
	possible = {
		tag = NOR
	}

happened = {
		trade_leader = {
			value = yes
			trade_goods = naval_supplies
		}
		production_leader = {
			value = yes
			trade_goods = naval_supplies
		}
	}
}

In short - yes, it doesn't require 1399 start.