• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
New version is now available! This version modifies EU2.exe so there should not be problem with XP.
See thread:

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=25064

So do events, monarchs and laders work too in the extended period?
Yes!
I recall that this utility for EU wouldn't run with NA versions of this game. Right? In any case, Moctezuma you've done a superb job.
Gen., it's nice to see you again after long time! Good news are that this version works with NA version because EU2 doesn't use Safedisc!

What about music? How does it correspond? Are we allowed to define new centuries? Or do we hear the 15th century music all the way to 1500? What about post-1819?

Really good progie, but not working on my beta eu2 :rolleyes: .
So you can tell me what about background music for an own scenario? in the music order there is listed:
14/... .mp3
14/... .mp3
14/www... .mp3

or
15/... .mp3

and so on.

So if there will be created a 1000 ad scenerio, will the game react for

10/.... .mp3?

Sorry cant test myself :(

I'd LOVE to see an AD 1000 scenario, if only for the fact that Basil II will be the ruler of Byzantium ;) Manzikert must be prevented!

It would take a lot of work to script all those events though.

BTW, what happens after 1820, if you don't create more monarchs? Do nations start getting them randomly or something?

What about music? How does it correspond? Are we allowed to define new centuries? Or do we hear the 15th century music all the way to 1500? What about post-1819?
Unfortunately you cannot define music for new ceturies. Prior-1400 there is no music at all, and post-1819 you hear the same music as in 1700-1819.

0 - 1399 : no music
1400 - 1499 : 14.txt
1500 - 1599 : 15.txt
1600 - 1699 : 16.txt
1700 - 9999 : 17.txt

What happens after 1820, if you don't create more monarchs? Do nations start getting them randomly or something?
Yes, random name from RandomLeaders.txt is used in this case.

I can`t download the patch?

I keep getting couldn`t open page message when i click on your link to the site?

Do we need a new unlimited time patch for 1.08?

Does this still work with 1.09? And can I use it and still play a saved game started without it? or does one have to start a new game using Unlimited Time? (I was planning on converting my current game to Victoria, and want to close the gap 1820-1836.)

I don't think a new game should be necessary. I'm not absolutely certain the patch works with 1.09, though. Try it and see! :)

I just uploaded a patch for 1.09, done by Moctezuma.

http://www.savefile.com/files/711903

Btw, if you just edit the enddate it should work. ;)

Like this:

Code:
header = {
    name = "The Age of Enlightement" 
    tutorial = no 
    startyear = 1700 
    endyear = 1820

It should look like this in the top of you savegame.

change it to :

Code:
header = {
    name = "The Age of Enlightement" 
    tutorial = no 
    startyear = 1700 
[COLOR=SeaGreen]    endyear = 1836[/COLOR]

Then you also need to find this after the header:

Code:
globaldata = { 
    startdate = { year = 1704 month = november day = 29 } 
    enddate = { year = 1819 month = december day = 29 }

change to:

Code:
globaldata = { 
    startdate = { year = 1704 month = november day = 29 } 
[COLOR=SeaGreen]    enddate = { year = 1835 month = december day = 29 } [/COLOR]

NOTICE: The startdate will change depending on the date the scenario original began, and when you last saved the savegame.

thanks for the patch, great work! :cool:

how do i change the message that is displayed when you start the game?
('this game will end in 1819 or whatnot' to 'it will end in 50,000').

Last edited:
Could someone please send me this patch? Geocities is no longer around :(

the site is no longer hosted does anybody have a alternate to download this and his other programs ?