• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i was wondring why i getting all these hits on my site last few days. Someone bumped this thread. More than 7 years its been!! That was good time writing this. Maybe i should do it again.

Does anyone know if these new paradox games still use the same approach of saving everything in the text files like EU2 did?

I will be honest with you then only paradox game I played and still sometimes do is EU2.
Tried to get into crusader kings but never did.

As far as I know factbook already should work for AGCEEP -- I used it myself last time i played. The names of some more exotic countries may get messed up (due to TAGs being reused) but the stats should stay true once you figure out which country is which.
--
So I am going to ask you to tell me which game/mod you would like to work with the factbook.
Can someone create a poll for what they factbook to be able to parse next?

i was wondring why i getting all these hits on my site last few days. Someone bumped this thread. More than 7 years its been!! That was good time writing this. Maybe i should do it again.

Does anyone know if these new paradox games still use the same approach of saving everything in the text files like EU2 did?

I will be honest with you then only paradox game I played and still sometimes do is EU2.
Tried to get into crusader kings but never did.

As far as I know factbook already should work for AGCEEP -- I used it myself last time i played. The names of some more exotic countries may get messed up (due to TAGs being reused) but the stats should stay true once you figure out which country is which.
--
So I am going to ask you to tell me which game/mod you would like to work with the factbook.
Hehe. Nice to see you alive :D

I think EU 3 does use text files. But seriously, a sort of EU 2 remake (on Paradox license) is in the works, see Fort The Glory subforum.

--

Lesov I love you! Just yesterday I looked at your profile, haven't visited in since 2008. lesov! Welcome to Russia Welcome to moscow Pushkin Gagarin! Raztroyali Natasha!
I have just right now checked Factbook and it has shown that it works for AGCEEP no problem. It tells me urban population and other interesting information. I was sad that eventually the information ended.

since a lot of people still play EU2 I assume EU3 is not as awesome? I remember after EU1 there were very few strugglers to go to EU2, especially after the EU1 custom mode (I think it was called EGC) was created for EU2. but seem like with EU3 - not all players have moved on from EU2 even today.

since a lot of people still play EU2 I assume EU3 is not as awesome? I remember after EU1 there were very few strugglers to go to EU2, especially after the EU1 custom mode (I think it was called EGC) was created for EU2. but seem like with EU3 - not all players have moved on from EU2 even today.
Well, EU3 is. Hmm. How to be nice... more open ended and flexible than EU 2?

Hehe. Nice to see you alive :D

I think EU 3 does use text files. But seriously, a sort of EU 2 remake (on Paradox license) is in the works, see Fort The Glory subforum.

Looked up the FTG. Great to see people working on this project that could create a lot more possibiliteis for new mods. I will make sure factbook can support FTG and related mods when i get my hands on that game.

Looked up the FTG. Great to see people working on this project that could create a lot more possibiliteis for new mods. I will make sure factbook can support FTG and related mods when i get my hands on that game.
Glad to hear it. :)

Some weeks ago, it sent a mail to the address that is given on your website. I don't know anymore what i have written but it sure was interesting. :D
It should work for the WATKABAOI mod. I had some mistakes with production numbers and with the correct province numbers for the religions. Maybe some more that i didn't recognized.

Some weeks ago, it sent a mail to the address that is given on your website. I don't know anymore what i have written but it sure was interesting. :D
It should work for the WATKABAOI mod. I had some mistakes with production numbers and with the correct province numbers for the religions. Maybe some more that i didn't recognized.

:eek: Thanks. It is now fixed and correct information should be shown for all the latest versions of game (post 1.08b) and AGCEEP.
To fix it fast I was forced to not supporting anything before 1.08b. I don't think it should be a problem for most.

Enter the bastard! (ME):

Nothing historical will ever happen ever.
Ever.
I mean ever.
The map is ugly as hell.
To put a more constructive and balanced spin on this...

EU3 is more open-ended than EU2, and catches a different mindset. There was a switch to a 3D engine for better modability and performance purposes, and much of the elements that were events in EU2 have been put in as game mechanics in EU3. So the people who are die-hard historical determinists and like all the events that EU2 had are still playing EU2. The people who like a more dynamic game where the AI will react to the player's actions instead of mostly focusing on the historical path are playing EU3. Both games are great. I mostly play EU3 now, but I'm still playing EU2 as well for the Aberration mod. :D

Thanks for the balanced spin wilcoxchar!

Well, I've never played EU3 at all, and the idea of an AI who reacts on you instead of history is good (however, a balance between history and reaction may be even better), but the game does not invite me to play it, simply because...the map is so ugly:eek: I mean, i don't really understand why it is so ugly? And don't you think as EU3 players it is ugly as well? No offense! I'm just really curious about this ;)

determinism vs. dynamic is not a very balanced spin. ;)
I said more balanced, not completely balanced. :D

And I quite like the EU3 map. Although I mostly play on the political map anyway. There are also plenty of terrain map mods that make it look better.

As has been said, EU3 has its strengths, but not everybody agrees with them. To be honest, I thought EU3 was very lackluster at first. However, with each expansion, it becomes more and more ideal. With Nap. Amb. and In Nomine, I think EU3 is, very generally speaking, a better game. With the upcoming expansion, it may even be good enough to convince the current naysayers, although, with FtG, I doubt it...

The map is somewhat ugly at first, but you get used to it (especially the Political Map! it's quite usable!) Also, there are lots of mods to it, and, once you get used to the 3d zoom capabilities, EU2 feels positively... archaic.

MAKE A EU3 VERSION OF THIS :p:p

Ah, so they have made map mods to it :cool: I will get my hands on that game sooner or later I think, when I find the time. Until that time I'll just continue to feel....positively archaic! :D just can't get enough of MyMap yet...