• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Voshkod

Serendipitous
69 Badges
Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pride of Nations
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Knights of Honor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
photo_40.jpg

Embassy Row

Dozens of pretty old buildings line Morgan Avenue deep in the heart of Eutopia City, many small ones occupied by foreign embassies (the larger ones are funeral homes), in a pretty, tree-shaded area. An up-to-date list of embassies and ambassadors:

El Reino de Tilapia: Ferdinand Paolos
Le Republique Latine de Saint-Esprit: Armand Hamer
United States of America: Bosley Maun
European Union (collective foreign policy): Jose Manuel Veneno
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland: Andrew Restarick
Economic Community of West African States (collective foreign policy): Alfred Bunono
Republica Federativa do Brasil: Paolo Cheiro
Republic of India: Andawar Singh
Japan: Akiko Yamomuro

[OOC NOTE: This thread is for posting of communications to/from all embassies in Eutopia EXCEPT those of Tilapia and St. Esprit. Communications with those countries should be posted in their own threads. If necessary new embassies will open up for new countries.

Please indicate in the "Thread Title" space which nation's embassy your post takes place in/is directed to. The moderators will do the same. Please note that although the embassies are open to the public and non-government officials can walk in for various permits, travel, information etc. purposes, official conversations which take place in the embassies are private.]

US Embassy

O'Floinn arrives at the US embassy. He appears to be in quite a rush. Flashing an ID to the receptionist, he asks, slightly out of breath,

"Is the ambassador in? I need to speak with him immediately. Tell him he might want his military attache present."

O'Floinn is shown to Ambassador Bosley-Maun's vast expanse of mahogany that passes for an office. The Ambassador is sitting behind a grand desk. "Mr. Attorney General! Glad to see you. You look winded." He turns to what appears to be a file cabinet, opens it, and pulls out a ice-cold bottle of spring water. "Here, have a few sips, let me know what's on your mind." Bosley-Maun sits back in his massive leather chair, framed by twin flags of the United States of America.

Taking a drink and breathing deeply for a moment, O'Floinn begins in a more calm tone.

"Thank you, Per Ambassador. I was in quite a rush to get here, as you've noticed. I'm sure you are aware of the recent explosion at that refinery. Nasty business, cleaning that up. Anyway, getting straight to the point, the President informed me about the...unfortunate run-off from your facility. If I were to get you a detailed report of the incident at the refinery, could your boys in intelligence confirm a link to your man, if one exists? I know it's a bit early to be discussing it...but if this is a lead, I want to act on it immediately."

"Mr. President, my people . . ." Bosley-Maun trails off for a moment, then grins sheepishly. "Sorry, Mr. Attorney General, our people will be willing to help in any way. We're all allies on the war against terror, right? And if you need some 'hard men,' as the Brits call them, let me know. I bet Langley or the black ops boys can bring in some guys."

Embassy of Brazil

Cain enters the Brazillian Embassy.

"Hello, I would like to speak to Ambassador Cheiro as soon as possible. Thank you."

Alastair Cain is shown in with surprising ease to the Ambassador's office.

"Ah, good day Mr... Cain I believe?" says a beaming Cheiro. "Care for a cigar? I can get you Cuban if you want - or perhaps you are on important business, in a hurry perhaps."

"Thank you ambassador Cheiro. I am in fact here on business, but i'd love a cigar. Haven't had one in a long time.

Now, let me see. Ah yes, well I am here to discuss the rather unfortunate incident which recently happened in our country. I'm sure you've heard about the explosion?"

"Yes, the explosion," Cheiro says, opening a box and handing Cain a spanking new cigar. He rubs his chin. "Hmm, is there something you - well - yes, I've heard about it, Mr. Cain."

"Thanks. I guess I ought skip the chit chat and get down to business. I've new to this whole diplomacy thing so forgive me.

Frankly, Eutopia needed that oil. I'm sure you are aware the multitude of issues one has to deal with when it comes to oil. Not only do we have the obvious, gas prices, etc. But there are more serious issues at stake. With our current government's decision to cut welfare and social aid, we have hit a rather unfortunate issue. Heating costs are going to rise. and people may have issues affording what they need. Not to mention the loss of oils for industrial uses.

What I am here to talk with you about is whether your government would be willing to perhaps strike up a new deal, or if we could do something to convince private companies in Brazil to sell to Eutopia."

A note arrives at the American Embassy, for the Ambassador's eyes only.

The Attorney General has informed me that we have your man. I have instructed him to contact you and arrange the transfer of custody. Hopefully this mess will be behind us soon.

- J.R. Zhokhyen

For Queen Maria of the Topa

Amric travels to the WET for an audience with Maria. He has brought a DVD Rom full of information. He approaches the residence she is in and leaves his card with this information.

"I've come to give you a gift. That gift is Eutopia Hardwood, Eutopia Energy, Al'Aeshir Consumer Electronics, and Solar Waste Disposal, along with St. Brendanstown Children's Hospital. No cost to you. I have a DVD Rom with all the particulars."

Last edited by a moderator:
St. Esprit

A note arrives a few hours before that of Amric Al'Aeshir. It is addressed to the ambassador, Armand Hamer.

"Dear Ambassador Hamer,

I would like to petition for the right to live in your nation. I am done with Eutopia and the foolishness of it's government and citizens. I would much prefer to live in a nation that is far superior to it, such as St. Esprit. I will be arriving in 2 hours to hopefully speed up the process and get my tail out of Eutopia.

Sincerely,

Amric Al'Aeshir"

Amric receives a note with flowery script in response.

Comrade Al'Aeshir,

The People's Republic of St. Esprit would be happy to welcome you. As a citizen of the United Provinces, you are also already a citizen of the People's Republic. If there is anything I can do to expedite your move, just ask.

Armand Hamer

"That is indeed excellent news. I need to buy some property in St. Esprit. Enough for the buildings of my estate in Eutopia which I am dismantling to bring to my new nation."

O'Floinn sends a message to the US Embassy.

Ambassador Maun,

As you may be aware, in certain parts of Western Eutopia, the cancer rate is alarmingly higher than normal. While our preliminary investigations have yielded no clue as to what the cause of this is, I thought it prudent to seek out more information on the subject. Thus, given your nations territorial interest in that part of our nation, I would like to request any information your government might have on the subject.

For instance, have your men in the area noticed any odd environmental changes, or suffered any unusual health problems? Given the proximity of your base to the affected area, you must realize that this could quickly become a matter of concern for your government. I hope we able to fix the problem before it becomes an even greater concern.

John O'Floinn
Attorney General

O'Floinn receives a quick response:

Mr. O'Floinn,

While the United States sympathizes with the plight of your people, we have no reason to suspect we are involved in the high cancer rates in Helia. As mentioned in your papers, proximity to U.S. military bases is not associated with high cancer rates in Farpoint or anywhere else in the rest of the world. Nor have we made any observations which may be relevant to your problem.

Further, I must inquire as to why this communication comes from the office of your nation's Attorney General rather than its President. For obvious reasons of protocol, we would prefer to deal with President Zhokhyen on this and any other diplomatic matters.

Best regards,
Bosley Maun

European Union Embassy

von Hapsburg goes to the EU embassy, asking for ambassador Veneno, to discuss the embargo.