• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I was scheduling for an exclusive interview, you know, an ambassador's take on the whole crisis. Also, I am asking for a passport to enter Tilapia.

The receptionist shakes her head. "The ambassador is not in the habit of giving exclusive interviews on foreign relations issues. Such important information must be made available to all parties through official government press releases.

And you do not need a passport to enter Tilapia...all citizens of Eutopia hold dual citizenship within Tilapia as well, and vice versa. Your citizenship papers are enough.

Now if there is nothing else I can help you with...?"

Gonzov enters the Tilapian Embassy, asking to see Ambassador Perez urgently

It takes Gonzov approximately 20 minutes to get from the Diamond Office to the Tilapian Embassy, even with the aid of Eutopia City Police. The receptionist checks on the Ambassador a moment, then returns to the waiting Gonzov. "Ambassador Perez is on a direct line to Buen Puerto at the moment. He should be available shortly, if you'd care to wait?"

Through the closed door, Gonzov and the receptionist can hear a loud conversation in Spanish. It sounds like the Ambassador is yelling into the receiver, with a mixture of surprise and anger. The receptionist blushes, then turns to President Gonzov. "Gosh...he's sure upset about something..."

A message arrives for the ambassador
Your Excellency,

In accepting to have your nation participate in the London talks, your Gracious Queen has taken an important step towards peace. I wish to thank her for doing so, for her kind words, but more importantly to have a meeting with her or whichever of the Consulari or other point person she might delegate to handle the peace process before the meeting in London to discuss possible ways forward to peace. In accepting to have your nation participate in the London talks, she has taken an important step towards peace. If you could possibly arrange such a meeting, it would be most appreciated.

Yours in peace,

von Streusser said:
It takes Gonzov approximately 20 minutes to get from the Diamond Office to the Tilapian Embassy, even with the aid of Eutopia City Police. The receptionist checks on the Ambassador a moment, then returns to the waiting Gonzov. "Ambassador Perez is on a direct line to Buen Puerto at the moment. He should be available shortly, if you'd care to wait?"

Through the closed door, Gonzov and the receptionist can hear a loud conversation in Spanish. It sounds like the Ambassador is yelling into the receiver, with a mixture of surprise and anger. The receptionist blushes, then turns to President Gonzov. "Gosh...he's sure upset about something..."

Gonzov shakes his head and takes out a copy of the Eutopian Worker.

As Gonzov reads his copy of the Worker, he has a vague recollection of something involving helicopters. And whatever it is, he thinks it might happen in about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, the shouting in the Ambassador's office has ceased. Gonzov can hear two voices conversing in Spanish beyond the door, and their tone is not promising.

Better have sorted out the damn Choppers.

Is the Ambassador ready to see me yet?

Time continues to tick away off of Gonzov's watch. 20 minutes...15 minutes...10 minutes...

The receptionist shrugs.
"I'm sure he'll come get you when he's ready. It sounds like he's drafting a press release right now. I can't imagine he'd be longer than another half hour."

Through the door, Gonzov hears what sounds like "United Provinces of Eutopia" translated into Spanish, and a word that sounds eerily like "aggression", also in Spanish. One of the voices is practicing some sort of speech in a grand, audience-capturing sort of way.

Gonzov is beginning to feel as if he'll run out of time.

That's it.

Gonzov gets up and heads to the door, he tries to open it. Upon it being locked, he calmly takes out his gun and attempts to shoot the hinges off.

OOC: This is assuming it is locked, which it probably should be.

As Gonzov draws his weapon, the receptionist screams and dives under her desk. Two Tilapian Marines bolt in, assault rifles lowered, yelling for Gonzov to drop the gun immediately. Ambassador Perez, curious as to the cause of all the commotion, opens the door and suddenly finds himself staring down the barrel of Gonzov's gun. His eyes widen and his face pales instantly, his jaw working slowly, but no words coming out. Vincent Alejandro, stunned for a moment in the office behind Perez, reaches into his suitcoat and pulls a large handgun out, pointing it at Gonzov.

The Marines begin to inch closer, continually ordering Gonzov to put the gun down. Alejandro moves closer as well, pulling Perez back and standing between Gonzov and the ambassador. The barrels of three heavy weapons are now lowered at the President of the United Provinces of Eutopia, and all three of their owners look very very upset. From behind Alejandro, the now-safe Perez furiously barks
"Gonzov! What is the meaning of this outrage?!?!"

Gonzov smiles courteously and puts away his weapon.

Senor Alejandro, always a pleasure. Is that a Desert Eagle .50? You see, I bought this firearms-guide with my gun here, and I've been looking through all the different models. Quite strange that Humanity puts so much effort into killing each other.

Oh, and I don't belive I've actually met Ambassador Perez before, pardon my manners. How are things in...this office?

He extends his left hand for Perez to shake

The moment Gonzov lowers his weapon to put it away, Alejandro turns into him, grabbing him by the wrist and twisting until the weapon hits the floor. One of the Marines swoops in and kicks the firearm away, assault rifle still lowered at Gonzov, while the other helps Alejandro wrestle him to the floor. Gonzov's arms are pinned behind his back, and he feels the cold press of a rifle barrel in his back. He feels the hot breath of someone speaking behind his ear, and someone is patting him down thoroughly looking for another weapon.

"Yes, Per President, it is a Desert Eagle. How sweet of you to notice. Now notice this" the voice hisses softly "the deal...is OFF."

"Let him up!" barks the ambassador, his voice stern. The Marine and Alejandro leap to comply, hauling Gonzov roughly to his feet. "I don't know what the Hell you think you were doing, but understand that the only reason you weren't shot is because of the Office you happen to hold. I might be willing to overlook this heinous violation of our sovereign territory, had it not come right on the heels of another. You see, I've just been on the phone with Buen Puerto, and have discovered your little incursion. You landed special forces on New Bengal Island, supported by a spy ship and a submarine. Not only are you violating our territory, but you opened fire on Tilapian soldiers. You killed an entire patrol! Now you seek to reinforce your butchers with helicopters?! This is an act of war, Per President, and we are NOT amused.

If we catch another sub, or your helicopters, violating our territory again we WILL open fire. And inform your special forces that if they do not surrender themselves within 24 hours, we will expel them from our territory...in wooden boxes!

Now, if you don't mind, I have a public to inform of your gross transgressions, both national and personal. Vincenzo, get this man out of my sight." Perez turns on his heel, marches back to his office, and slams the door.

Alejandro nods, and turns to Gonzov.
"I can haul you out of here by the arm, or you can leave on your own. Again, a choice only offered to a President.

This is a nice gun, by the way. I think we'll be keeping it. You have, after all, violated Tilapian weapons laws on Tilapian soil. Pity." Gonzov is led towards the exit by Alejandro and the Marines...

Gonzov is silent as he is being lead out of the Embassy

As Gonzov is cooperative, no one lays a hand on him. He is shown out the door, and it is closed quietly behind him.

Ian shows up at the embassy and upon reaching the secretarys desk, carefully puts his hands up in a gesture to show he is most definetly unarmed

"I would like to speak with your ambassador about an idea, if he would honor me with his presense, and allow me 5 minutes of his time?"

Considering the recent events, Asre's gesture is not really necessary; he is searched at the door rather thoroughly, including a quick pat-down, by Tilapian Marines. Being unarmed, he is waved through. He notes on his stroll through the building that the Marine contingent, if it hasn't increased noticeably in number, has certainly become more visible.

The secretary is packing up her desk when he reaches her. She nods and turns to check on the Ambassador, but before she can reach the door, it opens and Perez steps through. He is not smiling, but he doesn't appear to necessarily object to Asre's presence.

"Per, Asre is it? The Attorney General? I can spare five minutes. What is it you wanted to discuss, and do you represent the Eutopian government in an official capacity?" He gestures Asre into his office, watching him intently.

I represent a concerned citizen of our fair island, and that part of our government that is under my jurisdiction.

First let me quickly state my apologies on the recent events, as you know none of what happened near your island is in anyway under my control, nor could I have known about any of it.

Taking a page out of history and a time when two other nations faced a situation that could have potential caused catastrophic harm to those they cared about, I proposed that we need a direct phone line set up so that the heads of our two governments may directly communicate in case of any future incidents.