• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ogami_Itto said:
Okay, I d/loaded and installed ONLY the ZIP file. It seems to be working and looks great. Is this all I am supposed to do, or should I also get the other two files???
You might want to consider getting either the flags in 24 bit or 8 bit. 24 bit will obviously look better, but they don't get dulled on the map under the fog of war, so you get a sort of lights across Europe effect, which is why some people prefer the 8 bit.

Made Bourbonnais and Orleanais based on Armorial de Gelre (1370-1395)

gelre_france_s.jpg

The King of France (Charles V)
The Dauphin
Duke of Anjou (Louis)
Duke de Berry (Jean)
Duke of Burgundy (Philippe)
de Bourbon (Louis II)
Duc de Orleans (Philippe)
Gascony (Legendary arms of the Duke de Guyenne, Peer of France)
Count of Artois
Count of Blois (Jean II)
Count of Alençon (Pierre II de Valois)
Count of Etampes (Louis II d'Evreux)

shield_bourbonnais.bmp

smallshield_bourbonnais.bmp

flag_bourbonnais.bmp

Bourbonnais

shield_orleanis.bmp

smallshield_orleanis.bmp

flag_orleanis.bmp

Orleanais

Can't remember why we used the previous arms for Bourbonnais... currently looking into that... :eek:o

Birger said:
Thanks cccino! :)

I've realized that I can't leave the forum, I always seem to come back here, one way or another...
Yeah, it does that to you, doesn't it.

Maybe you'll just convince me to do that interface revamp I've always meant to do...

Oh, and do your 'EGUFSM' 24-bit flags include Union Jack, Tricolor etc? I've only ever had the old GUFSM flags installed and only just noticed that there's about 10 that are still 8-bit.

A new interface would be cool, especially now that we got all the new provinces to add. :)

I think I included all the flags, haven't got any complaints so far. :)

Ok, I'm taking the plunge and getting your flagset now. I think there might be one or two flags I'll need to keep though... I really like the Scottish Red/Blue :)

Yeah, the other thing I never did was finish the war strip. All the flames are identical :eek:o .

Oh, another question, know of a good free host? Lycos UK was great, until they decided to shut me down for my site not getting any hits. Last time it was tripod or something who shut me down for outsourcing :D .

EDIT: What's the story with these new provinces? Isn't the map fixed?

Yeah, it looks really nice.
Oh they are, I never thought of that. :)

Johan changed the province cap from 1615 to 2020 provinces, so now we need to add 405 new provinces. :cool:

Hmm, dunno, I got the privilage to be hosted by Languish so I haven't looked around for hosting. Geocities works but it's evil. :)

Hmmm... I've got the following flags as 8-bit:
ENGUK, FRArev, ALI, BAN, MER, MES, MIN, PRS, SPR, TRA, U00 to U05.

Does the shield change event command change the flags as well? I have a vague recollection that it doesn't, but I'm probably wrong. If it works, then the ENGUK and FRAREV flags are needed in 24-bit. I'm guessing the rest of those tags are unused/unnecessary? TRA appears to be a mistake, meaning SIE instead.

That is awesome! I can't wait to see what comes out of this. I can imagine a big boost for AGCEEP, too, especially regarding the awful way they've had to represent Mongolia. I'd also like to see some more provinces in Australia :D.

This will really reinvigorate interest in EU2, better get cracking on some new graphics to take advantage of this! :cool:

cccino said:
Hmmm... I've got the following flags as 8-bit:
ENGUK, FRArev, ALI, BAN, MER, MES, MIN, PRS, SPR, TRA, U00 to U05.

Does the shield change event command change the flags as well? I have a vague recollection that it doesn't, but I'm probably wrong. If it works, then the ENGUK and FRAREV flags are needed in 24-bit. I'm guessing the rest of those tags are unused/unnecessary? TRA appears to be a mistake, meaning SIE instead.

I don't remember, I think it's only the shield that changes.

You can rename flag_FR2.bmp to flag_frarev.bmp, I'll upload a Union Jack asap, the other tags isn't used if I got it right. :)

Edit:
MES - Mesopotamia, a crusader state from CK, it seems that I haven't made that one... :eek:o

cccino said:
That is awesome! I can't wait to see what comes out of this. I can imagine a big boost for AGCEEP, too, especially regarding the awful way they've had to represent Mongolia. I'd also like to see some more provinces in Australia :D.

This will really reinvigorate interest in EU2, better get cracking on some new graphics to take advantage of this! :cool:

Yeah it's great news, I guess there will be quite some mapmods since everybody wants more provinces to "their" country. :)

I've done some work with the mapgraphics, simply layersettings for photoshop. Let me know if you want a copy of the settings.

Font settings for the provincial names: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3801812&postcount=70

Last edited:
Thanks for that mate. Weird though, when I tried to save the image it told me something about illegal access to the file, even though it was loaded I couldn't download it :confused: ... had to copy and paste it into a new file. No problems with the others, earlier.

Don't worry about the layer settings, I think I'll make a firm decision to leave the map well alone :D. Others might find it useful though.

I see lots of message traffic regarding extra shields/flags and missed tags, etc...has EGUFSM reached version 1.1?

Or is it still the original DL, despite all the chatter?

Just curious and not wanting to miss anything :)

This is great, cccino. Keep this stuff coming. :)

Any chance you have some templates for this stuff which you wouldn't mind sharing, btw?