• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have experienced a minor bug. Everytime one of my merchants gets competed away at a COT, I get the message: (e.g.) "You now have Granada merchants left". The number of merchants is thus not displayed, and these messages are quite odd now ;)

NB 1: I have had no crashes whatsoever, and I am playing the 2nd March Beta with the beta option ON in EEP.

NB 2: Congratz for doing such a great job with EEP !

Last edited:
DarkTemplar said:
I have experienced a minor bug. Everytime one of my merchants gets competed away at a COT, I get the message: (e.g.) "You now have Granada merchants left". The number of merchants is thus not displayed, and these messages are quite odd now ;)

NB 2: Congratz for doing such a great job with EEP !
Confirmed bug. Thanks for reporting, and glad you like it! :D

Did you do a complete reinstall, ie uninstall and then install?

If you still can't get it going, try #ing out line by line in the .inc file the country files, to see if one of them is causing problems.

Also, does the 1520 scenario work?

There must be something fishy with the installation. Have you got a clean 1.07 installation or a clean 1.07(some beta) installation as base? That is, you have not modified the original files. Then you installed the 1.4.2a and then applied 1.4.2b? I suppose you have done all this, but I have to get it confirmed. :D

Norrefeldt said:
There must be something fishy with the installation. Have you got a clean 1.07 installation or a clean 1.07(some beta) installation as base? That is, you have not modified the original files. Then you installed the 1.4.2a and then applied 1.4.2b? I suppose you have done all this, but I have to get it confirmed. :D

Roget that! Did it.

Not exactly a bug but...

Is there any plan to change the Russian claims event to add the Altai culture as was done in the vanilla version? Enquiring Crazy Ivans want to know...

New Bug: Multiplayer

Me and a friend try setting up an EEP game, both fres installs then 1.08 then EEP 1.42a followed by 1.42b. When we host the game shows up in the other persons game list but it´s grey and hence not possible to connect too. Possible solutions?

Captain Panda said:
New Bug: Multiplayer

Me and a friend try setting up an EEP game, both fres installs then 1.08 then EEP 1.42a followed by 1.42b. When we host the game shows up in the other persons game list but it´s grey and hence not possible to connect too. Possible solutions?
There are some tips in the FAQ for MP. You have to move the EEP scenario, and all the saves later on, to the vanilla EU2 save game directory. It's a bug in the program that we can do nothing about unfortunately.

Various syntax bugs

Hello!

In the event "Carmagnola's Trial" (major_ven.txt ID 17002) under the action_c command, there is a line:

command = { type = DIP value -3 which = 12 }

I think this should be:

command = { type = DIP which = -3 value = 12 }

In the event "Dealing with the nobility" (fantasy_byz.txt and post_byz.txt ID 90052) under the action_c command, there is the line:

command = { type = domestic which = offensive = 2 }

I think this should be:

command = { type = domestic which = offensive value = 2 }

In the same text file (fantasy_byz.txt and post_byz.txt) in the event "Dealing with the merchants" (ID 90057) under the action_b and action_c commands the word value is missing behind command = { type = domestic which = mercantilism .

I don't know if this syntax errors have any effect on the events but better to post them as bug than having maybe trouble with them.

Ajkula said:
Hello!

In the event "Carmagnola's Trial" (major_ven.txt ID 17002) under the action_c command, there is a line:

command = { type = DIP value -3 which = 12 }

I think this should be:

command = { type = DIP which = -3 value = 12 }

In the event "Dealing with the nobility" (fantasy_byz.txt and post_byz.txt ID 90052) under the action_c command, there is the line:

command = { type = domestic which = offensive = 2 }

I think this should be:

command = { type = domestic which = offensive value = 2 }

In the same text file (fantasy_byz.txt and post_byz.txt) in the event "Dealing with the merchants" (ID 90057) under the action_b and action_c commands the word value is missing behind command = { type = domestic which = mercantilism .

I don't know if this syntax errors have any effect on the events but better to post them as bug than having maybe trouble with them.
Very attentive Ajkula! Thanks, I'll list them as bugs in the first post of this thread. :)

When I send a merchant to a CoT and compete away a merchant, every line in the message reads "UNKNOWN STRING WANTED". But it does work, as one merchant disappears and you can see the shield of the country in the top corners of the messages. It's just a tad annoying to have ;)

I'm using the newer text.csv if that has any effect.

EDIT: I haven't tried regular 1.08, so if it's a 1.08 bug then I apologize ;)

I've also noted an "UNKNOWN STRING WANTED" when hovering over unbuilt tax collectors in the city display.

And I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but I've noticed a few of the Ottoman's neighbours dropping out of vassalage without any notification. I'm thinking specifically of Karaman, I think. They were vassals with a low relations. I just finished pumping up their relations to 190 for annexation, but the next month I discovered they were no longer vassals, and there was no notice in the history file at all. This is pre-1450, 1.08, 1.4.2b (I think everything's installed correctly).

Lautiz: Are you using pop-up windows or the history bar for this?

TheSpirit: Yeah, that's been around for a while, I'll have another look. As for the vassalage thing, I think its related to the expiry of the Royal Marriages.