• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

pfaffy-3

Recruit
63 Badges
Sep 9, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
We all know of the East vs West game that was cancelled many years ago. But I just came across it for the first time this week and my gosh they should've just released it, the YouTube videos of those who somehow got it make me want this more than EU5, HOI5, or anything else they put out at this moment. Personal opinion: they should just release it as almost like a Total War Sega style game and just release whatever state it is in. I'm willing to bet there is a good portion of this community who would buy it (I definitely would even at full price).

I just can't play HOI4 anymore, HOI3 is still fun but it just feels so outdated in todays environment. BlackIce certainly helps but WW@ has ben run into the ground and more. Sure there is mods for both, but even the Iron Curtain for HOI4 just feels so railroaded by the national focuses. This game looked like the good mix between the two, some railroading but a ton of sandboxing potential. 99% no one at Paradox HQ will see this, and thousands of other threads regarding this game have been made. But I think there should be almost a holy war to get Paradox to release this game no matter the state, maybe then they'll see the true love the community would've had for this game and its potential.

IDK I just wanted to rant a bit and see what others in the community had to discuss about this. There just isn't enough quality Cold War specific grand strategy content out there like this game had and I WANT IT LOL!!! Maybe a mans dream will come true and Paradox will give us this game on steam;) cheers all!

• 5Like
Reactions:
I'm willing to bet there is a good portion of this community who would buy it (I definitely would even at full price).
I'm not Paradox, i'm just a member like you... i don't think it could happen... although some motivated players like you would be willing to buy it whatever the state it is in, it would probably be detrimental to the image of the company if they sell a product that is not of sufficient quality. Not to mention that it would require support that they may currently not be able to provide.

Reactions:
Release the game? They won't even release access to the EvW forum.