• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First impressions are, well, I cant describe with words how good this is. Only bad thing is I realy hate the fog of war now and the paper map when zoomed out. Gotta mod that out :p

but but thats the cream on the cake, the topping, the extra something ^^

Lag is an absolute bastard.

Things are going along nicely, though it's been a while so I've got to relearn how to play the game :confused:. Performance seems worse then before.

Did notice a couple of problems. Essex has Norwich as the city name, which I guess should be Cambridge or Ipswich as Norwich is already the city name in Norfolk. Playing as England, Portugal got the Found Japan event within the first six months somehow.

I tried to play with Portugal and things went bad. I've managed to conquest 3 provinces of Aragon, Sardinia + 1 province in Greece but then...England declared war won Castille and I (her allie) got smashed in the middle.

well awesome.. new graphics just oversteped my video cards' abilities.
I'll just revert to the old game where the whole thing didn't flicker and sparkle :)
since a new laptop isn't anywhere near.
But from the files and map and buildings i'm very much impressed. nice work. continues my modded game in a better way.

First impressions: Not really playable until graphics/slowdown issues get fixed, but I like what I've seen of the new changes, aside from controlling trade goods. A +25% bonus to force limits, for example, is useless when I could lose that bonus and then be not only over the limit, but out the cash I spent on those units when I have to disband them as well, at any moment.

Also it's a bit too easy to just get 100% culture within the first ten years since there's nothing to spend magistrates on during that time span anyways.

I'm wondering if the AI is not able to cheat and conquer Hordes although they are not supposed to. I've see AI Manchu obtain vassalization of a Horde in a peace deal... although, me, as Ming, could only obtain a tribute and couldn't colonize given the bureaucrats where in power. :wacko:

Yes, there seem to be a bug with the AI.

eu31y.jpg

Hi, we are Chinese.. we don't see why we should wait for you to come to us, we'll come to Europe.

oO

Well I played as Ming for my first game.

'Tis good though I have no idea how to increase Eunuch influence. :p It was annoying have an epic army and not being able to use it. Anyways I've largely been in eternal war with the Hordes (which I easily own). I also stopped Korea from annexing Ryuku and I annexed one country.

Although I have one complaint:
Can we please have it so that we get the pop-up for the first mission at game-start? I like having one from the beginning, but I didn't realize I had one until the Eunuchs lost power and I lost the mission to colonize Taiwan. I was like "Wait! I had a mission?"

First impression:
1) New graphics look fantastic!
2) Added provinces & countries really improve the game.
3) Way too much magistrates (around 1.0 basic, currently 2.05 as Holland @ 1415)
4) Sneaky new AI! It now has a bunch of neat tricks and tactics up its sleeves. Really a great improvement.
5) Trade in league COTs only possible if you are part of a league - a good nerf for early game trading nations.
6) Trade bonus modifiers - I still think a percentage based system would have been better than a treshold...
7) The new "Call allies" feature seems to result in huge scale wars - eneny allies call their allies whom call their allies whom call their allies - and so forth.

eu31y.jpg

Hi, we are Chinese.. we don't see why we should wait for you to come to us, we'll come to Europe.

oO

For some reason, that is absolutly terrifying xD Maybe because i imagine that all the "fog" eastwards is the dust from the chinese army marching towards europe :p