• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What processor? I have an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (Dual core @ 2.66GHz)

weird im not having any troubles on the 3.0 GHz version with 2gb ram (yes i know but one block fried itself) and 8800gt 1gb. Though on speed 4 and 5 i can see a noticable difference in speed from zoomed in and the zoomed out map.

EDIT: actually my speed 4 and 5 are also slower than before when zoomed in but i survive by zooming out if i have some "boring" years.

EDIT: actually my speed 4 and 5 are also slower than before when zoomed in but i survive by zooming out if i have some "boring" years.
Same here. Zoomed out to let time fly -- and I really mean fly! Much faster than HttT. Zoomed in, and it's slower than HttT, but still very playable.

Can that be modified or is it hard-coded?

It can be modded, its in randomevents (irrc), cant remember the event id atm, you shouldnt have problem finding it tho. Atm its set at 80% vs 20% chance that the AI will accept it. Best thing you can do is set it to something like 10% vs 90%, it should reduce the problem. There could of course be a better fix that would depend on your prefferance. For myself, ive added DIP, MIL and ADM stats etc.

It can be modded, its in randomevents (irrc), cant remember the event id atm, you shouldnt have problem finding it tho. Atm its set at 80% vs 20% chance that the AI will accept it. Best thing you can do is set it to something like 10% vs 90%, it should reduce the problem. There could of course be a better fix that would depend on your prefferance. For myself, ive added DIP, MIL and ADM stats etc.

Have changed a couple of things regarding this (among others added notification events so that the emperor is informed on receiving the provinces) and will continue to tweak this. The idea is not to have the emperor grow in size but to force the return of many illegaly held HRE provinces.

I can't find it. What is the event called?

I stop also castilla out of rage, as being excommuniated, France declares me war with his allies, then Portugal, with Scotland as one of his ally, knowing that Scotland had taken nearly all England...

eu31y.jpg

Hi, we are Chinese.. we don't see why we should wait for you to come to us, we'll come to Europe.

oO

!!!

Ming is coming to end the ridiculous squabbling in Europe. D:

I can't find it. What is the event called?

Code:
#########################################################
#		A formal request			#
#########################################################

province_event = {

id = 6007

trigger = {
		hre = yes
		NOT = { is_core = THIS }
		is_capital = no
		NOT = { has_province_flag = emperor_nagged_for_it }
		owner = {
			is_emperor = no
			war = no
			NOT = { ADM = 5 }
			NOT = { DIP = 7 }
			NOT = { MIL = 7 }
		}	
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 48 # Random Province Event

modifier = {
			factor = 0.5
			owner = { centralization_decentralization = 0 }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.5
			owner = { badboy = 0.15 }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 2.0
			owner = { luck = yes }
		}
		modifier = {
			factor = 1.5
			owner = { NOT = { centralization_decentralization = -1 } }
		}
	}

title = "EVTNAME6007"
	desc = "EVTDESC6007"

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA6007"		# Clearly the Emperor underestimates us
		ai_chance = { factor = 80 }
		emperor = {
			casus_belli = {	
				target = THIS
				type = cb_hre_attacked
				months = 12
			}
		}
		set_province_flag = emperor_nagged_for_it
		owner = {
			prestige = -0.05
			stability = -1
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTB6007"		# That land means nothing to us
		ai_chance = { factor = 20 }
		owner = { prestige = 0.05 }
		secede_province = emperor
	}
}

Heres the event, only slightly changed (it will change your checksum!!!) It is located in randomevents.txt. You can either copy-paste (over the vanilla one) or change "ai_chance =" yourself. As you can see ive only switched the %s from 20:80 to 80:20. I have also written an extended version which will use flags etc, but you couldnt use that this easily. Hope that helps you.

Have changed a couple of things regarding this (among others added notification events so that the emperor is informed on receiving the provinces) and will continue to tweak this. The idea is not to have the emperor grow in size but to force the return of many illegaly held HRE provinces.

Thats very nice, event code please, either here or pm me :D Also a small hint: was told theres a bunch of errors in conquest missions, like half of them missing "{ }", havent checked this myself yet.

edit - Actually Gars why dont you make some sort of topic (you seem eager to help :D ) in tech support or whatever, and create some sort of code-related known bugs databse, so that we can easily check whats not working and either provide you with fixes, or download fixes you've already done yourself, without having to wait for week(s) before the first patch (which might actually overlook some errors etc)?

Last edited:
There's a range limit on crusade, if ENG can call a crusade on Creek in 1399 you likely need to clear your map cache.

Ah, didn't know about the range limit. I cleared the cache and it seems to be working fine now, no more wacky crusades. It also fixed Portugal contacting Japan in the first month.

It's a pretty big problem that the AI can annex Hordes at will.. in my games, some nation or other always annexes half the steppes and becomes insanely huge before 1500.