• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Army Wales should be in York, no?

While I ..erm.. may have been involved in the elimination of France (sorry), I want to say thank you to xensphere for jumping in and taking over in an already difficult position and preventing the game from suffering multiple civil wars. You might be more succesful playing from the start next game. Alternatively you could probably still join a country as a junior diplomat.
Athalcor and esemesas, also a good game, but fighting Germany, Turkey, England was just too much. Better luck next time. :)

@ Taiisatai: you haven't updated your "The Various States of the World" post in a while. If you don't have the time that's fine, it's not that important. But if you do find 10 minutes somewhere, completing the timeline would be great, both now, as a tool to quickly look up who stabbed whom in what year, and later, if someone wants to check how this game went without reading 50 pages in the thread. :)

Last edited:
Wtf I remember fixing A Wal to yor?

And yes seb I've been planning to do that for a while now.

Actually, I have decided to not just be a smart-arse about it and collected the relevant stuff below. You just need to add it to that post.

Start of Spring, 1902
1901fallendturn.jpg

Start of Fall, 1902
1902springendturn.jpg

Start of Spring, 1903
1902fallendturn.jpg

Start of Fall, 1903
1903layeredspringendtur.jpg

Start of Spring, 1904
1903layeredwinterendtur.jpg

Start of Fall, 1904
1904spring.jpg

Start of Spring, 1905
1904winter.jpg

Start of Fall, 1905
1905spring.jpg

Start of Spring, 1906
1905winter.jpg

Start of Fall, 1906
1906spring.jpg

Start of Spring, 1907

Well... condolences to Xensphere. Sorry I wasn't able to save you from Perfidious Albion (the patron saint of "righteous" indignation). Good job holding out that long, it must have been a tough first game, but the learning experiences would have been pretty valuable for follow up games, I hope.

I'd offer a junior diplomat position with Germany, if you'd like, but ForzaA might feel a bit crowded out between three of us.

I'd offer a junior diplomat position with Germany, if you'd like, but ForzaA might feel a bit crowded out between three of us.

Xensphere, if you'd like to come on-board Austria-Hungary would be glad to have you. Reis and I are as old hands as you can get for the third game on the forum, and would be glad to have you along.

Well. And so the tragedy of Russia is simply forgetting to re-send new orders. I think I deserved to be annihilated. Hopefully I will repair my reputation next time.

I'll remember their failure to correctly submit orders that could have saved their asses. Oh well.

What is highly amusing is that Turkey ALSO offered to help the Russians return to Sevastopol...truly great minds do think alike.

Army Wales should be in York, no?

While I ..erm.. may have been involved in the elimination of France (sorry), I want to say thank you to xensphere for jumping in and taking over in an already difficult position and preventing the game from suffering multiple civil wars. You might be more succesful playing from the start next game. Alternatively you could probably still join a country as a junior diplomat.

Thanks seboden! I think I haven't actually done much, Carkravati bailed when I just joined so I did not actually save anything.

Well... condolences to Xensphere. Sorry I wasn't able to save you from Perfidious Albion (the patron saint of "righteous" indignation). Good job holding out that long, it must have been a tough first game, but the learning experiences would have been pretty valuable for follow up games, I hope.

Xensphere, if you'd like to come on-board Austria-Hungary would be glad to have you. Reis and I are as old hands as you can get for the third game on the forum, and would be glad to have you along.

Thank you for your kind offers. I would like to join Austria-Hungary if it is alright with everyone. There is a lot to learn from them, surviving a 3 power alliance against them.

Finally, thanks to everyone for the valuable lessons learnt on my first game.

Thank you for your kind offers. I would like to join Austria-Hungary if it is alright with everyone. There is a lot to learn from them, surviving a 3 power alliance against them.

Welcome!

Lesson 1: Be luck and be smart.
Lesson 2: Choose lucky.

Official communique from the Hofburg:

By edict of His Most Serene Highness and Apostolic Majesty, Franz Joseph, First of the Name, Emperor of Austria, King of Hungary und Serbia, et cetera

The Markgraf vom der Xensphere is summoned to the Emperor's service as a junior diplomat under the guidance of the Pfalzgraf von Reis

Who in recognition for his exemplary service to the Dual Monarchy is elevated to the newly created title of Herzog zu Belgrade and invested with the benefices of the Herzogtum von Belgrade as well as his ancestral lands in the Pfalzgrafschaft von Reis.

Let all subjects of His Most Serene Highness and Apostolic Majesty, the Emperor, Ever August, celebrate our victories over the Ottoman occupation and those brave and brilliant men who returned His Serbian subjects to the Imperial fold.

Last edited:
Wikipedia - The Assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand said:
Čabrinović swallowed his cyanide pill and jumped into the Miljacka river. Čabrinović's suicide attempt failed as the cyanide only induced vomiting, and the Miljacka was only five inches deep...

I am amused by Serbian rivers...