• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
End of Year, 1910 (PT 2)

Austria-Hungary said:
builds A Bud

Turkey said:
Build A Ankara
Build F Smyrna

Spring, 1911
19111spring.png

Last edited:
IT IS THE DIPLOMATIC AND ORDER WRITING PHASE, SPRING 1911. DEADLINE WILL BE 1900 GMT, 16 AUGUST (~24 Hours from now).

My..ow..my when did austria become so huge and powerful. May as well end the game now.

When Austria managed to strike a good relationship with the Turks, and, initially the Russians. The Austrians have played a great game, so far.

When Austria managed to strike a good relationship with the Turks, and, initially the Russians. The Austrians have played a great game, so far.

I agree a great game.. Wouldnt trust them as far as i could throw them if i was the turks though. Great game.

I agree a great game.. Wouldnt trust them as far as i could throw them if i was the turks though. Great game.

Aye, but they've been entirely logical all through. Peace with Russia/Germany/Italy early, and a discussed dividing of the Balkans with the Turks. Then an adroit backstab against Italy, and now, when circumstances demand it...another backstab against Russia. All perfectly executed, and easily seen as the next logical move.

Austria has the admirable capability in this game of only fighting where it could realistically hold onto its gains. It has been a very instructive experience contrasting Austria's leadership with the over-reach of the Roman emperor, the lap-dog submissiveness of the Ottoman Emperor, and the manic moves of the Russian Tsar. Truly slow and steady wins the race.

Aye, but they've been entirely logical all through. Peace with Russia/Germany/Italy early, and a discussed dividing of the Balkans with the Turks. Then an adroit backstab against Italy, and now, when circumstances demand it...another backstab against Russia. All perfectly executed, and easily seen as the next logical move.

Austria has the admirable capability in this game of only fighting where it could realistically hold onto its gains. It has been a very instructive experience contrasting Austria's leadership with the over-reach of the Roman emperor, the lap-dog submissiveness of the Ottoman Emperor, and the manic moves of the Russian Tsar. Truly slow and steady wins the race.

True and I`d like to remind you, that I appointed him. *proud*

Der Chancellor stopped by Berlin to check on affairs. Sadly, it looks like his services are still required. Even more sadly, he probably won't have enough time to see the fruits of ultimate victory blossom during his term.

Nope, supporting Russia into Sev could have cost Austria the game, if only the Russians didn't choose Germany as their target. Apart from that, yes, good game from their part.

That's really the motto for Austria. They have to fight for their lives in the beginning, but if they get into a decent position in midgame, they can dominate.

PS : Feel free to "enlighten me" to recent events, I'll still be around for a couple of days. Oh, and a word of warning to other nations. We started the fall of Italy with our deeds. Let's be careful with that badboy, aight?

We really do have all kinds of people in this game: The conniving, scheming German; the incompetent, submissive Turk; the manic, hyperaggressive Russian; the calm, collected Austrian; the over-ambitious, quiet Italian; the not-quite-skillful-enough to save his country yet still adept Frenchman; and the rather wierd Brit, who doesn't seem to do much.

Where does Russia get off pushing this submissive Turkey meme? If you hadn't noticed Turkey was on the edge of a joint-Austro-Italian invasion before a complete reversal. Furthermore, it isn't as if the Austrians are holding a knife to Turkey's throat right now. Unlike other attempted alliances in this game, Turkey and Austria have gone out of their way to avoid being near each other.

And on the France issue, I hardly think I came into the country with more than a sliver of a chance surviving. Brest was lost in 1901; Germany, Italy, and England had all oriented themselves for an attack. The closest thing France had for an ally was a Germany that was all too happy to keep the barrel of a Burgundian Army at our head, happy to pull the trigger whenever it was convenient.

I'd even tried to build an anti-Italian coalition as France, but a lot of bloody good that did me...or anyone else.

Sorry...have been raging against my employer the last few days and general angrily despairing at my ability to survive the next 6 months before I quit.