• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Players are encouraged and allowed to forge private messages from each other. Players are encouraged and allowed to forge private messages from the GM. Players are encouraged and allowed to use anything within the realms of physical possibility to win this game (so long as it isn't illegal or against forum rules ;) )

Wait, first you say that people ARE allowed to break forum rules, then you say that they're not supposed to do anything against forum rules... ("you will not impersonate" goes against forging PMs)
strictly speaking..

I'd be willing to join any nation as a diplomat/admiral/general/whathaveyou.

I humbly and gratefully accept your majesty's appointment.

I also have another question to the GM - I'm not sure if it's my memory playing tricks on me, so I'd appreciate a clarification/ explicit statement on control of supply centers.

A supply center (or any territory) switches to the control of a Great Power if a unit is in control of it by the end of the Fall Order Phase. A Great Power may then build Armies and/or Fleets to get their number of units equal to supply centers. A Great Power may never have more units than supply centers. When building units a Great Power may only build those units on one of the original supply centers their country owns (example, Austria must build any new units it gets in Vienna, Budapest, or Trieste), though that province must be empty at the time, as there may only ever be one unit in any province at one time.

That about covers it.
Ah, good, what I remembered.

The game doesn't start for ~ 1 more hour. I will accept the orders that have been sent to me prematurely if they are valid orders.
is that start "first orders processed" or "no more changes to the setup" ?

No press from the other powers? Are you all plotting in silence? You know public appearance is important in this game, you must present yourself as civilized and wise, even if you're about to plunge the dagger into your allies's hearts.

Herzog ForzaA von Salzburg is still installing himself in his new office. Rest assured, however, that regular updates will be forthcoming as soon as the situation allows.

Herzog ForzaA von Salzburg despairs at the seeming lack of competence in the Austro-Hungarian bureaucracy, seeing that he receives few to none of the missives related to foreign policy

that is to say, I would hope that people could (B)CC messages to me, and not send them just to Stuckenschmidt. I can't be much of a junior diplomat, if I'm left out of all diplomacy.

After the most recent reports, herzog ForzaA von Salzburg finds himself going through recent diplomatic missives, books on military theory, even gossip. Many reports make sense, many others do not.

(edit: okay "DarkRed" really doesn't work well on the DeepOcean background)
(edit2: okay, yellow it is!)

Last edited:
ForzaA Herzog von Salzburg again finds his desk piling with papers, yet important details seem to be missing. Worried that some bureaucrat might have neglected communications, he sets out to fill in the blanks.

After a flurry of activity, he scribles a few bullet points on a sheet of paper;

• War in the Crimea, urgent.
  • Italian troops maintain position along Italian-Austrian border, urgent.
  • Tensions flaring in the low countries.
  • Typical maneuvering in Scandinavia.

After a few minutes of pacing back and forth, he returns to the sheet, underlines the second "urgent" a few times, and sets to work writing letters.

Last edited:
ForzaA Herzog von Salzburg is seen pacing back and forth, face on "thunder". An aide carefully walks in, leaves a message and departs. ForzaA picks up the message, briefly scans it and loudly exclaims "WHAT? Foolishness! It accomplishes nothing."

ForzaA Herzog von Salzburg is somewhat occupied with matters of family. He assures one and all that does not mean he is not available for diplomatic matters, but please do not take a somewhat slower response as a slight against your person or nation

Although, I've by no means been guiltless in this, it is a good practice I find to keep up correspondence with all nations on the board, especially if they are your archnemesis.

Indeed; shame I was occupied for a few days with a family visit.

Random banter is always fun, especially when the knives are being sharpened :D

DEADLINE FOR ALL ORDERS WILL BE ON 12 JUNE AT 1400 GMT (~28 hours from now).

I think I spotted a glaring mistake in your update ;)

hint: the mistake starts with an N that should be an L, and ends with an E that should be a Y :p

ForzaA Herzog von Salzburg is wondering what happened to the postal services, was he placed out of the loop, is there a strike of the mailmen, or something more sinister?

So, random strategic tip from Turkey to Russia and AH:
Disband all your armies. There is this unwritten rule that gives you free pr0n if you do! :D

You have fewer, so surely the cost benefit analysis in this case would suggest that you'd CERTAINLY be disbanding them all? :D