• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am about to buy DI:G.

But I have a question: Are the brigade names of units changed. To the german names.

for example: 9. Infanterie Division has Infanterie Regiment 1, Infanterie Regiment 2 and

Nebelwerfer Abteilung 1.

Or do they have still their original names like: 1 Infanterie Brigade

Becouse I like the historical german unit names more.

You can rename the divisions, brigades or what ever you prefer using ART. It's fast and painless once you have created your initial templates. One click of the mouse and all of the brigades are renamed to your desire. Army Restructuring Tool is great.

Hey guys, here's the current 2.05 changelog

COMPATIBLE WITH FOR THE MOTHERLAND ONLY
COMPATIBLE WITH FTM 3.05 PATCH

BUGFIXES
- Fixed some typos
- Legion Condor should return now
- You won't receive division azul if you are at war with spain
- Bulgarian claims on Constanta will occur even if Romania is in the axis
- Siking of Athenia event will fire only if Germany had at least sunk 1 ship

CHANGES
- France will be less likely to go to war after Rhineland events (15% instead of 30% odds)
- Added Damaged UK defences event which delete some coastal forts in the british islands in order to help a US invasion
- USA will declare war against axis after 1942 if they aren't at war already and if either London is occupied or Axis progress is 50% of VP victory
- Deleted most of expeditionnary forces status in order for the player to reorganize those troops
- Schnorkel design no longer reduce air defence
- Indische legion is reduced to two regiments
- Reduced the cost of the uboat pens event by 50%

Please point out if I missed anything. :)

Thanks Thaegen :D
Can i post link(download) to this thread?

Hey

Vorwärts Panzers only work with Dies Irae: G Semper fi version. Please feel free if you make a compatible version of Vorwärts Panzers for 3.04 to share it with the rest of us:)., But don't invest to much time in it, because when Dies Irae:G 3.05 is ready, you need to remod Vwp.

Relatively new to this, so I feel as though I need to ask. How does Dies Irae Gotterdammerung patching work? (I have the steam version) Do I have to do it manually or is it done automatically (on steam startup ?) ... Besides the folder created upon my first download from steam, I fail to find any detailed reference to it (and its version) on the client. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Thaegen :D
Can i post link(download) to this thread?

Hey

No, do it in the vwp thread, otherwise this thread gets cluttered by sub-mod posts;)

Looking forward to it!

Hi,

My wishes for DIG:

- The possibility to sent expeditionary force to Nationalist Spain, withouth declaring War: Legion Condor, or 1 special unit, without declaring war. Send more help to Spain, if things went bad.
- The Superheavy battleship upgradeable. They will not surpass, normal BB, because they will be very expensible in terms of ICs, but they could be nations pride and propaganda, like Yamato was for japan.
- One event named "atlantic Wall", were you build fortresses along atlantic coast, to defend against The D Day. (with a number of phases, like the atlantic submarine war).
- Pocket battleships able to be used against convoys. A "Graf Spee destiny" event.
- Many more special units, Like "engineers paratroopers", to atack The Belgian Fortres of Eben Emael, Otto Skorzeny Special Unit, Gen. Rommel "Phanton" Division, Guderian division, Gen. Student Elite paratroopers, etc. etc.
- A more sophisticated campain in Norway, with French and Britany help, and german troubles to conquer NarviK.
- More strategic effects.

I very much agree with this comment! However, I think the Scandinavian situation was complicated and that direct interferrence from UK/France could have changed the picture - if done before the German invasion. Also, the troops to come here to Norway (or to Finland) from England/France would be poorly trained for the type of war they would face here. Maybe if the mountain war/winter war modifiers were even more harsh this would improve the realism? Im now back from 5 weeks in the bush in Central Africa doing wildlife research and will try to update myself on all the new things you all have invented on this great mod!

Ok, please bare with me because Im pretty dumb when it comes to computers,,, when the DIG FTM 3.05 Patch comes out at the end of the week will it be available in GAMERSGATE? also I have the alpha patch (Not Beta) downloaded and have been playing it, so the question is: When I download it from GAMERSGATE do I have to erase the alpha patch first?

A DIG Wish…and asking for advice...

I haven’t really played FtM at all yet as stick totally with DIG and been waiting for the patch but was playing first time in over a month, maybe 2-3, and I realized what annoys me. After thinking it through I doubt it can be done but thought I would put it out there anyway as a Wish.

I wish on the Build page one could see the Bonuses, Special effects, etc of the Units in the description box where we see such things as ‘Hard unit… High fuel consumption…’ I would like to see, for example, ‘Engineers: +5% movement over rivers’ or ‘Mountaineers: +? Movement Hill, +? Mountain Defense… ‘ Anyway…just a thought…

I would like to ask for advice on the following::
1. Engineers: I noticed that initial Panzer units (German) now have Engineers attached. Is the Engineer now worth using and why? I mean, is the Bonuses really enough to take up a slot of a Line Unit?

2. I don’t build a lot of armor or mobile forces so I normally compose the Mobile Divisions on the heavy side to punch the hole. I noticed that my old composition of 3ARM/1SP no longer gives me the Combined Arms bonus as it gives a Softness of 32 (33-66 is needed) . I am considering 2ARM/1MOT/1SP and think it would still carry the capability to punch through. Comments/Suggestions?

3. I have never used the ‘88 Flak’ (just saw it in this version) and was thinking this might be a good addition to MOT units which I use as follow-on units to defend breach while Armor units continues to punch through, encircle then MOT mops up. I think the 88 Flak gives a little bit of everything Aty, AA, AT… Comments/Suggestions?

I guess I am looking for some new ideas for compositions of mobile Blitzkrieg units...

4. Playing Germany, I normally spend 1936 building all the ‘Industry’ I can afford as I know I will need the IC later. I normally try to place the Industry on top of provinces containing ‘Resources.’ Question: Does it really matter where you place your Industry?

5. Last question... War Goals. These are activated upon declaring War on a country, correct? I mean, you cannot define them earlier? For example, can you set War Goals for Poland in 1936?

Thanks, Rick

Not a bug, some techs are maxed out to some level (here 3). :)

Sorry I don't have DI:G to look at right now because I went to FTM 3.05. I think the problem was that you couldn't research in another part of the sub tree because coastals weren't to level 3. It was a requirement for something in one of the other sub trees.

Sorry I don't have DI:G to look at right now because I went to FTM 3.05. I think the problem was that you couldn't research in another part of the sub tree because coastals weren't to level 3. It was a requirement for something in one of the other sub trees.

It seems that it's a tooltip error. Tried with a new game in 1944, anti-radar schnorkel coating can be research after researching shnorkel 1, even though the tooltip shows an error on the coastal design too ...