• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah that not working for me all my DLC are from steam and they are not working right. Its like the game will take what it want and not use the others. IF it dose use the other it would not look right.

Please both of you be more specific about this level 3 thing. :)

I found a save game from March 1942. All 3 sub types at level 2, medium and long available to research to level 3, coastal greyed out. One of the options for researching Anti-Sonar rubber coating, Anti-Radar Schnorkel coating, Underway refueling, and Food refrigeration is coastal subs at level 3. But coastal subs says max for them is level 2. The requirement for food refrigeration, for example, says research requires any one of 4 items listed - coastal, medium, or long range subs at level 3 or Atlantic wolves. Atlantic wolves already has a green star, but refrigeration research is not enabled. So does it require all 4, not any one of 4? I just forgot about subs at this point, and then FtM 3.05 came along so couldn't experiment with DI:G any more. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Am im doing something when im installing alpha 2.04? The game crashes instantly when i launched the game with the mod loaded. I dont crash if i load the game without the mod.

Here is what i do when i install:

1. install hoi3 vanilla
2. install semper fi
3. install FTM
4. open the launcher and update to 3.04
5. install DIG with the gamers gate downloader
6. delete the content of the mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung folder
7. i extract the alpha 2.04.rar file into the mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung folder

Don't delete the content of mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung folder! You delete the DLC by doing that.
You have to overwrite the already existing content with the patch, not deleting everything.

Ah yes, now it works thanks!
Here is some initial feedback

Right off the bat I was confused by the speeds of the cruisers playing as Germany when you start at 1936. So I loaded a game with all naval techs at 1940 to check if some of the cruisers would get faster through techs, here is what I found:

1940 speeds:

Light cruiser(Königsberg class) = 29
Pocket battleship(Deutschland class) = 28
Heavy cruisers(Hipper class) = 26
Battlecruiser(Scharnhorst class) = 24

I’m pretty sure it’s different from other mods I have tried, and so I looked up the classes on Wikipedia, and here is what I found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kriegsmarine_ships

Königsberg class = 32 knots
Deutschland class = 28 knots
Hipper class = 32 knots
Scharnhorst class = 31 knots

I don’t know if Wikipedia is considered a reliable source for modders, but the speeds makes for sense for me at least. If we should use that data, the 1940 speeds, should be more like this:

New 1940 speeds according to wiki:

Light cruiser(Königsberg class) = 29
Pocket battleship(Deutschland class) = 24/25 (-3)
Heavy cruisers(Hipper class) = 29 (+2)
Battlecruiser(Scharnhorst class) = 28 (+4)

the speeds of the ships ingame are nowhere near reality, nor is the distance between sea zones. Thus said, the speed of ships are here to model relative differences between ship classes.

Take also into account balancing issues

the speeds of the ships ingame are nowhere near reality, nor is the distance between sea zones.
Yes i know, and the ingame speed is kilometers per hour iirc, whilst the wikipedia listed speeds are in knots, thus 1.852 times faster. My point is that the speed difference between the cruisers are upside down.

Thus said, the speed of ships are here to model relative differences between ship classes.
Exactly, and that is why their relative ingame speed should reflect reality, no? :) Like interceptors are faster than close air support?

Take also into account balancing issues
I cant claim to know anything about that.

Then I said "around 2 of september". It might be 3 or 4 tho as I have health problem to take care of. :)

Then I said "around 2 of september". It might be 3 or 4 tho as I have health problem to take care of. :)

Beterschap as we say in Dutch. Get well soon (good for you and nice for all your DIG followers ;-)

A DIG Wish…and asking for advice...

I haven’t really played FtM at all yet as stick totally with DIG and been waiting for the patch but was playing first time in over a month, maybe 2-3, and I realized what annoys me. After thinking it through I doubt it can be done but thought I would put it out there anyway as a Wish.

I wish on the Build page one could see the Bonuses, Special effects, etc of the Units in the description box where we see such things as ‘Hard unit… High fuel consumption…’ I would like to see, for example, ‘Engineers: +5% movement over rivers’ or ‘Mountaineers: +? Movement Hill, +? Mountain Defense… ‘ Anyway…just a thought…

I would like to ask for advice on the following::
1. Engineers: I noticed that initial Panzer units (German) now have Engineers attached. Is the Engineer now worth using and why? I mean, is the Bonuses really enough to take up a slot of a Line Unit?
Engineers add a lot of bonus for river crossing so basically your tank are less useless when it comes to a river.

2. I don’t build a lot of armor or mobile forces so I normally compose the Mobile Divisions on the heavy side to punch the hole. I noticed that my old composition of 3ARM/1SP no longer gives me the Combined Arms bonus as it gives a Softness of 32 (33-66 is needed) . I am considering 2ARM/1MOT/1SP and think it would still carry the capability to punch through. Comments/Suggestions?

3. I have never used the ‘88 Flak’ (just saw it in this version) and was thinking this might be a good addition to MOT units which I use as follow-on units to defend breach while Armor units continues to punch through, encircle then MOT mops up. I think the 88 Flak gives a little bit of everything Aty, AA, AT… Comments/Suggestions?
Yes 88 gives AA and AT. Less than their specialized counterpart tho.

I guess I am looking for some new ideas for compositions of mobile Blitzkrieg units...

4. Playing Germany, I normally spend 1936 building all the ‘Industry’ I can afford as I know I will need the IC later. I normally try to place the Industry on top of provinces containing ‘Resources.’ Question: Does it really matter where you place your Industry?
Industry is independant. You can build them anywhere but protect it with AA.

5. Last question... War Goals. These are activated upon declaring War on a country, correct? I mean, you cannot define them earlier? For example, can you set War Goals for Poland in 1936?
You can set wargoals once the war has started.

Thanks, Rick

Comments in blue.

Thanks for your support, guys. :)

Here's the almost definitive changelog, I will run some tests this morning and hopefully I'll release DIG 2.05 later this day or tomorrow. :)

COMPATIBLE WITH FOR THE MOTHERLAND ONLY
COMPATIBLE WITH FTM 3.05 PATCH

BUGFIXES
- Fixed some typos
- Legion Condor should return now
- You won't receive division azul if you are at war with spain
- Bulgarian claims on Constanta will occur even if Romania is in the axis
- Siking of Athenia event will fire only if Germany had at least sunk 1 ship
- Deleted the 1943 stop on Great Patriotic War
- Deleted the tech limits on submarine designs

CHANGES
- France will be less likely to go to war after Rhineland events (15% instead of 30% odds)
- Added Damaged UK defences event which delete some coastal forts in the british islands in order to help a US invasion
- USA will declare war against axis after 1942 if they aren't at war already and if either London is occupied or Axis progress is 50% of VP victory
- Deleted most of expeditionnary forces status in order for the player to reorganize those troops
- Schnorkel design no longer reduce air defence
- Indische legion is reduced to two regiments
- Reduced the cost of the uboat pens event by 50%
- SOV will research more efficiently land tech and less naval
- Added some manpower to SOV
- Soviet Defence strategic effect buffed
- When supply is low (capital is captured), SOV units will eat 90% less supply
- Added more desperate defence to china (50% core lost = 50% combat efficiency) abstractly representing the partisan issue
- Super Heavy Battleship now upgrades with BB techs
- Added three Atlantikwall events #### ATLANTIK WALL ## SETUP ## FINISHED ## USE MAGINOT TO REINFORCE ATLANTIKWALL

DIES IRAE FTM 3.05 COMPATIBILITY PATCH

Beta version of Dies Irae. Use at your own risk (and make backups!).

- Install FTM and patch 3.05
- Be sure the DLC installed
- Download Dies_Irae_Gotterdammerung_beta_2.05
- Extract it to the FTM \mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung folder
- Overwrite when prompted (the archive files should replace the Dies Irae ones)

This is an beta version but most likely to be the finale one (with a couple more bugfixes of course).

Known bugs:
- The Naval Map is not here (won't be until Danevang get back from his holidays, in September)
- Battlescenarios not supported (yet)

CHECKSUM
- FTM 3.05 UBYY
- DIES IRAE 2.05 IYJC

PATCH CHANGELOG

COMPATIBLE WITH FTM 3.05 PATCH

BUGFIXES
- Fixed some typos
- Legion Condor should return now
- You won't receive division azul if you are at war with spain
- Bulgarian claims on Constanta will occur even if Romania is in the axis
- Siking of Athenia event will fire only if Germany had at least sunk 1 ship
- Deleted the 1943 stop on Great Patriotic War
- Deleted the tech limits on submarine designs
- Fixed a bug in the GER LUA
- Fixed a bug in the Spain surrender
- Fixed picture display of the Fate of France event
- Fixed Case Anton conditions

CHANGES
- UK will be less likely to go to war after Rhineland events (10% instead of 20% odds)
- Added Damaged UK defences event which delete some coastal forts in the british islands in order to help a US invasion
- USA will declare war against axis after 1942 if they aren't at war already and if either London is occupied or Axis progress is 50% of VP victory
- Deleted most of expeditionnary forces status in order for the player to reorganize those troops
- Schnorkel design no longer reduce air defence
- Indische legion is reduced to two regiments
- Reduced the cost of the uboat pens event by 50%
- SOV will research more efficiently land tech and less naval
- Added some manpower to SOV
- Soviet Defence strategic effect buffed
- When supply is low (capital is captured), SOV units will eat 90% less supply
- Added more desperate defence to china (50% core lost = 50% combat efficiency) abstractly representing the partisan issue
- Super Heavy Battleship now upgrades with BB techs
- Added three Atlantikwall events #### ATLANTIK WALL ## SETUP ## FINISHED ## USE MAGINOT TO REINFORCE ATLANTIKWALL
- Soviet will be more likely to attack if german player doesn't honor MR pact

BUGFIXES
- Motorized infantry tech requires infantry techs instead of cavalry
- Infantry no longer require militia techs
- Reworked submarine tech conditions
- Stalin won't ask for Eastern Poland if he doesn't control Moscow
- Deutschland Pocket BB now starts with 25+10 (pride) xp
- Deleted Free Corps Denmark (as unhistorical)
- Fixed Grossdeutschland mechanized event keep firing if you say no
- Fixed Pocket BB picture not displaying in combat
- Added BB names to SHBB
- Germano Soviet agreements are visible from the start
- Pocket BB have a better surface detection and should spot convoys more efficiently
- Operation Zet won't fire if China is in the axis
- China breaks their Non Agression Pact with SOV when joining axis
- Sino-German agreement is only about Rare now

CHANGES
- 4 year plan no longer need Goering in post to fire
- Added 1 soft attack to Motorized flak brigade
- Armored Car softness is .70 (was .50)
- Italy lose more neutrality with the axis diplomacy events
- Assault Gun gives artillery practical
- Tank Destroyer gives armor practical
- Added territorial_pride = 0.50 to both Spain during the civil war
- Added Case Anton (occupation of Vichy France) if allies control either Casablanca, Alger or Tunis
- Super Heavy BB can be pride