• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I had the USSR surrender to Finland, so instead of getting the Bitter Peace or anything, suddenly I had 70% of my Germany army out of supply inside the Soviet Union, and not at war. Not sure if this is a Di:G thing or a vanilla thing. I just stopped at that point, argh.

Oh and I had some weirdness with the uboat research, it kept saying I couldn't research to coastal level 3 because it required level 3. Some of the '44 techs require all the level 3 sub techs to work so this would definitely hold them up.

I had the USSR surrender to Finland, so instead of getting the Bitter Peace or anything, suddenly I had 70% of my Germany army out of supply inside the Soviet Union, and not at war. Not sure if this is a Di:G thing or a vanilla thing. I just stopped at that point, argh.

Oh and I had some weirdness with the uboat research, it kept saying I couldn't research to coastal level 3 because it required level 3. Some of the '44 techs require all the level 3 sub techs to work so this would definitely hold them up.

The coastal sub research is, I believe, an error in the research tree. I have the same issue in sub research.
When Finland conquered, had the war started by you attacking the SU or them DOW'ing you? I found that if the SU initiates the war, Germany still has to go in and set a wargoal. Otherwise it defaults to a Minor's goal. I had this happen in Vanilla, not just DI:G. Try loading your last save-game and setting a conquer goal for Germany before the SU surrenders.

I figured out it was my fault. I always set war goals when playing anyone but Germany, but for some reason thought the Axis leader didn't have to/need to, so I didn't, for any of the wars. Luckily I had saved for some reason about a month before it happened, went back, saw the special war goal for the war against the USSR and added it. Will see how it plays out this time.

I also find that the UK is doing a much better job of keeping the Italians out of the Suez area than before. The Brits took Tobruk in '40 and a stalemate of sorts has settled in down North Africa way. I haven't sent any troops yet, didn't have any to spare from Barbarossa. I also found that after I overran Yugoslavia and helped the Italians initially in Greece, that they got stalled and then pushed back into Albania even though the Greeks were totally on the run. I really regret pulling out my last INF corps there before the job was done, but didn't want any Greek territory for myself and didn't want to wait around too long for the Italians to maneuver enough to get it all. So near the end of '41 I started funneling reinforcements down there until I had enough to help them. I also sent the Romanians down there to help them, which I should have done earlier, because after the Romanians took Odessa, I didn't want them in Russia screwing up the already overburdened supply lines, so I didn't give them any more goals in the USSR, so they pretty much stayed in their own territory.

Another bug to report: When the peace with Russia kicked in, a few provinces in old Poland: Przemysl & Oszmania and 7 more in the Pripet Marshes remained Soviet provinces, in a sea of German provinces. Not sure why as I was the one who took them (I did not invite the Hungarians to join the war and the Slovaks never came to help). All other provinces remained the same. I did not patch or alter any files while playing the game, so not sure why it happened.

Last edited:
Another bug to report: When the peace with Russia kicked in, a few provinces in old Poland: Przemysl & Oszmania and 7 more in the Pripet Marshes remained Soviet provinces, in a sea of German provinces. Not sure why as I was the one who took them (I did not invite the Hungarians to join the war and the Slovaks never came to help). All other provinces remained the same. I did not patch or alter any files while playing the game, so not sure why it happened.

I also had this happening after Bitter peace, I thought it might have to do with areas under partisan control. It was a bit wierd to have a quite large USSR armies in those pockets as when USSSr surreneders alot iof their remaining armies retreated into those areas.

Francesco's Counters Mod for DIG released!

This mod completely overhauls vanilla NATO counters with new ones for more eye candy.

For more info, feedback, questions and download go HERE

The map counters are aviable in a few different backgrounds to choose from:

Interface counters are changed too:

Some Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung counters, showed in their battle background version:

For more info, feedback, questions and download go HERE

Francesco,

Extremely impressive! I can also see that not only are they beautiful but they reflect the unit they represent extremely well. As ex-military, I doubt I will use them but that doesn't stop me from saying it's another great piece of work by you. Well done!!!
- Rick

Can somebody explain to me about this mod? Is it so much better really than all other mods that it costs 5$? And does it slow down the game?
It is definately worth the five dollars. You get a lot of historical and unhistorical options and events. Many cool units and in general a better system for most things compared with vanilla. It does not slow the game down (at least not on my computer)
Highly recommended.

Bugreport

I do not know if this is posted earlier. I have not read the entire tread.
After Bitter Peace event the provinces Oszmiana, Augustow, Osowiec, Lomza, Ostroleka, Ostrow Mazowiecka, Zambrow, Bielsk Podlaski and Przemysl remains in Soviet hands.
Also when I go to the intelligence screen after Bitter Peace to take a look at the Soviet government the game crashes.
Except for this the game has run very fine, I play FTM 3.04 and your lates patch for DIG.

Could it be an idea to let the Japanese have some gains after the Bitter Peace if they have been fighting the Russians???

Can somebody explain to me about this mod? Is it so much better really than all other mods that it costs 5$? And does it slow down the game?

In my opinion, this mod is well worth the $5. Some of my favorite things:

• German Pocket Battleships
• unique units (with unique counters) like Grossdeutschland motorized regiments which upgrade to Pz. Grenadiers.
• altered events related to Barbarossa which model winter effects, different gauge railways, winter clothing, etc.
• the Herman Goering "fat-cat' effect
• lots of additional events/decisions

I can tell DD put a lot of effort into this, but be aware, this mod is specifically designed to play as Germany so you won't really be able to play as any other country.

Is DIG worth $5? Absolutely! Actually, it's worth much more. Should you buy it? Yes, if you play as Germany like most of the folks here then you should. Frankly, I always play as Germany and I would not play HOI3/SF/FtM without it - period.
The two guys that did it (DD & DV) are very active on the Forum for bug fixes, improvements, questions, etc... So, yeah, it's money well spent. - Rick

It is well worth the money but it is wrong to think of other mods as having less worth. There is a huge amount of effort that has gone into most mods but most of them are unwilling or unable to comply with PI requirements or they just don't get the chance (to become DLC). I would happliy pay standard DLC costs for mods like HPP and ICE but they are free. If cost is an issue (you can't afford it, regardless of value) stick with the free mods but if you can afford to spare a few dollars for a great variation of the game then DI:G is well worth it.

It is well worth the money but it is wrong to think of other mods as having less worth. There is a huge amount of effort that has gone into most mods but most of them are unwilling or unable to comply with PI requirements or they just don't get the chance (to become DLC). I would happliy pay standard DLC costs for mods like HPP and ICE but they are free. If cost is an issue (you can't afford it, regardless of value) stick with the free mods but if you can afford to spare a few dollars for a great variation of the game then DI:G is well worth it.

+1

Would a refresh reinstall automatically update DI:G to 1.03?

Would a refresh reinstall automatically update DI:G to 1.03?

If you look at the beginning of this thread and scroll down a bit you'll see the download link for the 103 patch. More than likely will need this.

Any news about the compatibility patch of DIE for FTM 3.05?

Please read before posting, ha:

Hey guys, ETA for the 3.05 compatibility patch is late august. I'll do my best to make it before September.

Thanks for your support and thanks for being patient.

In the mean time, any reports about bugs or balance in the 3.04 version will be greatly appreciated.

Is Japan a bit overpowered versus China?? They seem to steamrole them every time.

With Di:G I have China win 90% of the time. I used to give them a few divisions through the events but wanted Japan to eventually win so I stopped that and started giving them only supplies. That didn't seem to make a difference as China continued to bring the Japanese offensive to its knees game after game. Just my observations.

And it's also good to see that a few other people experienced what I did with the provinces under German control going back to Russian control after the Bitter Peace. It was very weird (and no, there wasn't any rebels there to control the provinces)