• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry.. I don't have time/patience to read the entire thread. Has an 'official' patch been made for the SF-version DI:G yet? There are dozens and dozens of bugs (which I'm sure you've already addressed) that I would like to rid my game of.

If no.. Then ETA for said patch?

Sorry.. I don't have time/patience to read the entire thread. Has an 'official' patch been made for the SF-version DI:G yet? There are dozens and dozens of bugs (which I'm sure you've already addressed) that I would like to rid my game of.

If no.. Then ETA for said patch?

All Info an Patches are found at the first Page, DD update it there when he post it in the thread.
1.03 is the newst SF version

Have been playing (now and then...) for maybe a month now and I'm really enjoying it! My best German HOI3-campaign so far (played maybe two or three, finished none since I grew tired once it got to easy)!

Playing on Hard, I've been moving down a quite historical path (not because I want to mimic history, but because decisions like invading France in spring of '40, securing the Balkan front by invading Greece, attacking Soviets in '41 ) made the most sense.

The war in the East have been ferocious. In the first summer I captured Leningrad, the Ukraine and Smolensk before settling down across a front on the big rivers that meet up at Smolensk (don't know the names!). Winter was horrible (just as it should be!) thanks to the strategic effects, etc. and I lost some ground in the southern sector. This southern Soviet bridgehead was eliminated in early spring of '42, after which I set a plan in motion to capture Moscow; two Panzergruppen set out to organize a huge pince with the Soviet capital at it's center!
I managed to capture Moscow... but the Reds did not surrender! The year finished with operations which captured Brjansk, Kursk and other areas south of Moscow and a Southern operation that captured Rostov-na-Don. Still no surrender, which I had hoped for. meant that a huge force of Panzers were "trapped" in a pretty small salient with Moscow at its center when winter arrived. This winter was horrible, with the Wehrmacht being forced to abandon most of the territory captured in the '42-offensives, since supplies couldn't arrive in numbers large enough for the central sector.

It is now spring of '43 and I've just finished the encirclement of an entire Soviet Army Group in Karelia. This victory (nearly 300 000 soviet troops killed and captured) will not be enough to really crush the Soviets, since they still have huge forces in reserve and the supply situation is horrible throughout the entire central part of my front!

Have never experienced such intense fighting on the eastern front in Hoi3 earlier. In my other campaigns, the Soviets were just unable to recover from the losses they suffered in the early stages of Barbarossa. How did you make it so that the red Army could recover like this?:O I must have encircled up to a million of their soldiers in a series of pincers during the summer of '41!

Also, what is actually triggering these huge supply problems I'm having right now? I like it, but would like to know the causes. I'm having high partisan activity in most of the occupied SU and Poland, this contributes, right? Most of the Luftwaffe has been withdrawn from the front and Panzerkorps have been moved away from the most desperate area (area of Army Group Centre, centered somewhat West of Smolensk, and just behind that awful swampy blob in the middle of the Ukraine). What more can be done?

I have some complaints, though. The European theatre have been very intense and interesting (above all the East, but also campaigns leading up to '41), but outside Europe I've spotted some possible balance issues. The British Empire have all but collapsed, thanks to the fact that they've not been able to do anything about the Uboot-threat! I havn't lost a single Uboot (maybe been engaged three or four times since '39!). Something has to be done about this - the subs are just OP.
Not only the UK have been crippled by this. Japan have not been able to do anything about the American subs, halting their potential advance. Don't mind this if there was actually anything you could do about the subs, but it seems like it's pretty much impossible to do anything about them?

Also, wouldn't it be better if these foreign regiments (who add a nice touch to my army, btw!) were "real" German units rather than EFs? I've discovered that EFs for some reason don't get any reinforcements (?) or upgrades, making these units pretty useless. :(

Nontheless. Thank you very much for giving me the most enjoyable HoI3-campaign I've experienced so far!

Sounds like a good game you got going there!

I don't think there is too much DD can do about the sub issue. That's more on PI's end and they are going back and forth on the sub & sub hunter effectiveness. In SF subs were pretty much unstoppable and you could strangle the British Isles with less than 20 subs as Germany. When they released FTM subs became easy, easy prey and you could only hunt in packs of 1-2 subs and far from shore lanes otherwise the sub hunters would just destroy your sub fleet. Since they added that sub commanders would die with the subs this became very bad for sub heavy navies. :)

I'm playing the latest version of Di:G for FTM 3.04 now and the friggin British subs are tearing my convoys apart around the British Isles, which I have just conquered, and despite flying most of my air force in naval attacks I have not been able to sink any. I am hoping that now all the bases up there are gone I can finally repair my navy and get some decent anti sub patrols going but it's definitely been frustrating so sink those subs, even though I see where they all are because of all the radar I have in France & Britain!

I haven't played the FTM 3.05 version yet so I can't talk about the changes to the subs in there.

Some Observations from a recent FtM + DiG (Alpha) Game (Difficulty: Hard)

I attacked the Soviet Union July 1 1941 with 5 Para, 5 Marine, 90 Inf, 15 Jaeger, 11 Mot, 4 LARM and 9 ARM Divisions. I defeated the Soviet Union 9 October 1943. While this was more difficult than a standard game of HOI3 there are still some areas of possible improvement for the SU that I would like to suggest.

Research:

The SU did not have nor research Arctic Warfare Equipment. I think they should start with it.
They did not research Mechanized troops
They did not research Radar
They researched Fighter Pilot Training, but not Fighter Ground Crew Training
They only researched 1 level of Interception Tactics
They researched Tactical Pilot, but again not Ground Crew
They did not research either Schwerpunkt or Blitzkrieg. As a result their tanks, while numerous, were very ineffective for very low Org and Morale.
No Tactical Command meant no Superior Firepower.
They did not research Delay Doctrine, which I would think would be #1 priority after the war starts as well as a normal tech to research before.
They researched 1 level of 1 doctrine in Human Wave. I would have thought this would be a favored area of SU research. (I know, I know, what to trade off!)

Just before their surrender they had 198 MP. I think more needs to be done for the SU in 1936 starts to give them MP once the war starts. The 1941 scenario, for instance, starts them with 5192 MP, which is more like it. As a suggestion perhaps each month that there is a Axis controlled area of Russia they get either a % boost, like +100% or a fixed amount like 100MP. Or perhaps 1000 every Jan 1 if Axis owns any provinces? Something to give them more MP.

I liked the Soviet Defense buffs that you gave them, but maybe the Division limits on them should be raised. They had 238 divisions when I defeated them, but were totally unable to stop me.

Why does the Soviet Great Patriotic War buff stop in 1943? I can see stopping it once the Axis has been driven out of Soviet Territory, but why end it on a date?

I’d like to see the SU have some bonus to allow them to hold on better when out of supply. I captured their capital 3 times so they were often out of supply. Perhaps you could devise a secret SU tech that would give them some ability to fight better than out of supply units normally would, or would mitigate the Org loss, or something.

On a non-Russian note I think it would be neat to have an Atlantic Wall decision similar to the Sub Pens one where you take a production malus and eventually gain Level X (not sure how much to suggest) Naval Forts in a series of areas along the north coast.

Some Observations from a recent FtM + DiG (Alpha) Game (Difficulty: Hard)

I attacked the Soviet Union July 1 1941 with 5 Para, 5 Marine, 90 Inf, 15 Jaeger, 11 Mot, 4 LARM and 9 ARM Divisions. I defeated the Soviet Union 9 October 1943. While this was more difficult than a standard game of HOI3 there are still some areas of possible improvement for the SU that I would like to suggest.

Research:

The SU did not have nor research Arctic Warfare Equipment. I think they should start with it.
They did not research Mechanized troops
They did not research Radar
They researched Fighter Pilot Training, but not Fighter Ground Crew Training
They only researched 1 level of Interception Tactics
They researched Tactical Pilot, but again not Ground Crew
They did not research either Schwerpunkt or Blitzkrieg. As a result their tanks, while numerous, were very ineffective for very low Org and Morale.
No Tactical Command meant no Superior Firepower.
They did not research Delay Doctrine, which I would think would be #1 priority after the war starts as well as a normal tech to research before.
They researched 1 level of 1 doctrine in Human Wave. I would have thought this would be a favored area of SU research. (I know, I know, what to trade off!)

Just before their surrender they had 198 MP. I think more needs to be done for the SU in 1936 starts to give them MP once the war starts. The 1941 scenario, for instance, starts them with 5192 MP, which is more like it. As a suggestion perhaps each month that there is a Axis controlled area of Russia they get either a % boost, like +100% or a fixed amount like 100MP. Or perhaps 1000 every Jan 1 if Axis owns any provinces? Something to give them more MP.

I liked the Soviet Defense buffs that you gave them, but maybe the Division limits on them should be raised. They had 238 divisions when I defeated them, but were totally unable to stop me.

Why does the Soviet Great Patriotic War buff stop in 1943? I can see stopping it once the Axis has been driven out of Soviet Territory, but why end it on a date?

I’d like to see the SU have some bonus to allow them to hold on better when out of supply. I captured their capital 3 times so they were often out of supply. Perhaps you could devise a secret SU tech that would give them some ability to fight better than out of supply units normally would, or would mitigate the Org loss, or something.

On a non-Russian note I think it would be neat to have an Atlantic Wall decision similar to the Sub Pens one where you take a production malus and eventually gain Level X (not sure how much to suggest) Naval Forts in a series of areas along the north coast.

While I agree on the tech issues, I think we should see what the changes in 3.05 have brought. It looks like they moved a lot of their factories East to start and have made some other changes as well. In the real war the Soviets were reaching the bottom of the barrel as far as man power went in early '45. Also initially the Soviet people welcomed the Germans as liberators. It was only a little later when the terror squads moved in that more and more of the people turned to partisans. Perhaps bonus manpower for Russian territories but territories, like in the Caucasus and Ukraine that were anti Soviet shouldn't get the MP bonuses (they were essentially subjugated people in the USSR). Just some thoughts.

I tried to install the beta patch v 1.03 but i dont seem to get it right. For example i dont see the new units.
When starting game you will see a menu called " Select Mod to play" Pick the mod then start game, also not sure if the 1.03 alpha works with FTM 3.05 think its only 3.04 so far but not sure

thanks i tried that but it still does not work...........i think the problem might be that I am patched to 3.05 FTM. I am looking forward to playing this game when it gets updated

Hey guys, ETA for the 3.05 compatibility patch is late august. I'll do my best to make it before September.

Thanks for your support and thanks for being patient.

In the mean time, any reports about bugs or balance in the 3.04 version will be greatly appreciated.