• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey I am having a problem with Dies Irae, I get a complete freeze of my computer every 3 or so weeks in game while fighting the Russians. I have the game on steam, I assume it's patched up to date through steam. Basically every 3 weeks, it's about mid august '41, my sound repeats the same second of music/fx over and over, cursor becomes large and the game completely freezes my computer. I'm quite sure it's the game and not my pc since my pc never freezes or bluescreens in any other program.

Any help?

It's a pretty big problem that IMO alot of people have, gbrecht. Try reloading the save game frequently, it should lower the lag, but if it doesn't work, then I have to sadly admit that your game is screwed. Atleast I personally never found a fix for it. I'm hoping that FtM improved performance will get rid of this Op. Barbarossa lag.

I bet Devildread almost wishes he never did DI:G. I mean every single issue from steam to poor performance is sent to him now.

Has anybody had to deal with partisans? I am at June of 41 in Russia and have not seen any (attacked in mid-April and am close to Moscow). I have also not seen any the whole game anywhere else. I normaly recall seeing a few by now....maybe I need to wait some more?

If my save game really is borked It would be quiet annoying, having game bugs destroy a fun save is frustrating.

Has anybody had to deal with partisans? I am at June of 41 in Russia and have not seen any (attacked in mid-April and am close to Moscow). I have also not seen any the whole game anywhere else. I normaly recall seeing a few by now....maybe I need to wait some more?

In my game of 1.3 Di:G w/ 2/04f SF, they popped up 3 or 4 times in Poland but I haven't seen any there since early '41. In Russia they have popped up 4 times I think between 6/41 and 2/42.

DIG vanilla late Nov 1941. 2-3 partisans each in France, Poland & Soviet Union. Need to have mobile troops available to whack a mole although one popped up in Brest despite a garrison div (2 Garr Brig + 1 MP). In France Brits always send air support.

DIG vanilla late Nov 1941. 2-3 partisans each in France, Poland & Soviet Union. Need to have mobile troops available to whack a mole although one popped up in Brest despite a garrison div (2 Garr Brig + 1 MP). In France Brits always send air support.

Good to hear! Kinda. Now I can know they are coming and be ready for them! I was starting to miss them...I think...

Definately. I triggered Bitter Peace and ever since that I have approximately 40% of my army sitting on USSR, garrisoning cities and hunting down rebels, while around 10% are garrisoning borders with neighbouring nations (Turkey & Persia, I CBA to garrison the Soviet border because of how massively large it is, I don't want to have all of my army doing useless garrison duties, lol).

Do I really need 2.04f even though I have For the motherland?

Anyways, havnt had any problem with Dies Irae before but after I installed motherland (yes I reinstalled Dies Irae after this) I get this message.

"File exception: Exception in: discfile.cpp, line: 431. Description: Could not open file:"

The game wont start

Hi Devildread,

I was wondering if you can at least help me with the combining of Vanilla / HPP graphics files with DI:G files. So, I would like some of the following contents to be DI:G graphics:

- topbar
- main menu
- minimap
- diplomacy, production, technology, politics, espionage, statistics screens and interfaces
- unit counters and traits and leader levels
- Main map (with DI:G two-lettered boxes used by the Kriegsmarine during WW2)

And if possible... do you think the DI:G models (with soldier portraits and award systems) are compatible with Vanilla and HPP?

How can I safely combine the graphics files without causing CTDs or visually unappealing errors?

Can you help me? I know you're busy but I will greatly appreciate it!

Okay guys I just spend some time trying to work out a fast compatibility patch for Dies Irae but this is harder than I thought.

DIES IRAE:GOTTERDAMMERUNG COMPATIBILITY PATCH TO FOR THE MOTHERLAND IS PLANNED FOR 15TH JULY

Okay guys I just spend some time trying to work out a fast compatibility patch for Dies Irae but this is harder than I thought.

DIES IRAE:GOTTERDAMMERUNG COMPATIBILITY PATCH TO FOR THE MOTHERLAND IS PLANNED FOR 15TH JULY

Could you please, dor the love of all that is good, make tis patch available through STEAM instead of some monstrous workaround. That is where i bought the game and I not unreasonably expect that to be supported.

I, like a lot of people, am not clever with computers. I am very unhappy with any patch notes that involve workarounds and especially so when they openly state - don't do this if you don't know what you are doing. Because I don't!