• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- How to make strategic deployment?
- Is the %-number beside the Theatre in the info-box organisation value of the whole group?
- How do you get messages of upgrades?
- Can you unite two hq´s?

To strategic deploy a single unit, click on that unit that is already on the map, then ctrl+ right click on the province you want that unit to deploy to.

To strategic deploy an entire organization, click on the HQ of the organization you want moved. Click "Select All" (on the right end of the green bar just above the unit names in the HQ unit card) and then ctrl+right click on the province you want them moved to.

Not sure about the % at Theater. It doesn't seem related to the strength levels of the units below it. My guess, so far, is that it's a percent of the total that the theater HQ can manage in units.
I don't think you can get upgrade messages :/
Don't know whether or not HQs can be combined. I don't see any functional purpose to do so.

Did you know that you can effectively reduce supply of every unit below by assigning a skill 5 officer to army group level? The more skill, the less supply.

You can even reduce fleet or air supply if you put your navy/airforce in an army group led by a skilled officer.

Note: Logistic Wizard trait only works on divisional level or for the HQ an officer is assigned to, not for the units below.

Have been checking more on how supplies move around and found out this so far.

Did you know...

- a lvl 1 Port will ship in max 4 supplies and a lvl 10 port 40 supplies a day

- if you do a strategic move you spend twice as much supplies for that unit when doing that, but get to move much faster

- a transport plane with 15 cargo capacity will move 15 supplies by using air supply missions, EACH time it does it, so if you can fly 4 times a day its 60 supplies that can be moved, way more then a port lvl 10 :eek:

Last edited:
Have been checking more on how supplies move around and found out this so far.

Did you know...

- a lvl 1 Port will ship in max 4 supplies and a lvl 10 port 40 supplies a day

- if you do a strategic move you spend twice as much supplies for that unit when doing that, but get to move much faster

- a transport plane with 15 cargo capacity will move 15 supplies by using air supply missions, EACH time it does it, so if you can fly 4 times a day its 60 supplies that can be moved, way more then a port lvl 10 :eek:

and u can increase his cargo and probably speed also(not sure about speed ) with tech !!

if you can fly 4 times

Ha ha your funny!

Wait until you get the... waiting for supplies on your transports plane.

The supplies have to come from some where. Your just re-distributing them. The province the plane comes can create another bottle neck for troops in another area.

Anyhow some new ones:

Leaders
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422981

Japan Starter Guide (with maps!)
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422616

CAG's
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422517

Last edited:
if you can fly 4 times

Ha ha your funny!

Wait until you get the... waiting for supplies on your transports plane.

The supplies have to come from some where. Your just re-distributing them. The province the plane comes can create another bottle neck for troops in another area.

Anyhow some new ones:

Leaders
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422981

Japan Starter Guide (with maps!)
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422616

CAG's
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422517

Not tested this yet, but you should have np moving the supplies from your capital to a close air field and then on from that one to another. But if you get the waiting, it might because no demand for supplies at the recieving end.

Well as far as I can see had no problems as Italy flying supplies from Rome to Agrigento, then on to Tarabulus(N. Africa) from there to Benghazi and on to Tobruk. No transport planes where waiting for long. Transport planes had 575 km range and used 4 transport planes.

I'm going to cut supplies to Africa and test how big an impact 2x 2 Transport planes wil have on my supply situation in Africa if thats the only way Africa gets supplies.

Now its late and my bed i calling, so testing that tommorow. I hope its at least 120 supplies I can move down there a day.

Update
Well just did some testing and I found out, transport planes have to do air supply to a province who HAS a need for supplies else the plane won't do anything. The transport plane will move a number of times a day, that will depend on range and speed of the transport plane. In my case every 6 hours, can be shorter if range is shorter. It will move a number of supplies equel to supply demand at the destination province, in my case 1.84 supplies on each flight. So if I could create a demand at each airfield and at final destination of 15 supplies you would be abble to move 15 supplies on each flight from you capital and out. But I would rather hope for a improvement of how supplies mmove around then start to help out with air transport to fix my supply problems.

Last edited:
- that er exits a nice little button "select all" if you are on corps level or above, and with this button you can select and move the whole corps, army, or army group with one click from the eastern front to the west

(just found this function after about 200 hours game playing and redeploying each division manually all the time :wacko:)

did you know that many posts containing negative feedback or complaints in this forum are swiftly deleted by moderators without warning? I have screenshots about 10 perfectly reasonable, logical posts documenting the games many problems that were erased. Worse, people who purchased the game who were banned for the said posts, and lost their access to the technical support forums...so what... people new to the forum beleive the game is without faults?
lame.

in b4 b&

Last edited:
Did you know some events for Japan are bugged and won't occur? However, it is easily fixable with 90 seconds of work. Edit the Japan.txt file in your "events" folder. Change the two entries that say "has_alliance = GER" (might not be exactly that, but very close) to "faction = axis". When Japan is in the Axis, it is not in an alliance with Germany as far as the engine is concerned, and you cannot request Germany to ally with you if you are in the Axis.

You don't have to restart your savegame, either. Just make the changes and reload!

It is not the events folder where you will find the proper Japan.txt file but the decisions folder. The trigger phrase is 'alliance_with = GER'

did you know that many posts containing negative feedback or complaints in this forum are swiftly deleted by moderators without warning? I have screenshots about 10 perfectly reasonable, logical posts documenting the games many problems that were erased.

Or were they just repeating what was already posted and the posts deleted as there was an already existing thread an that same problem. The search feature has been turned off (even though it is my experience that the vast majority rarely if ever use it when it is there; hence the popular phrase RTFM) and it could be that the mods consolidated or removed those extraneous repeat threads.

For that matter, your post provides little to no useful gaming tips as the original intent of this thread was for. It does make a supposition though and a blatant accusation, but that does not matter if you read below.

Worse, people who purchased the game who were banned for the said posts, and lost their access to the technical support forums...so what... people new to the forum believe the game is without faults?
lame.

So? You seem to be under the impression that everyone is free to say what they want. This is a privately owned board and the owners (in this case Paradox Interactive) can arbitrarily choose what can and cannot be said on it. They can also choose to ban whomever they wish and without cause and at their whim if they so desire. We are here and utilize this board at their pleasure, not ours. There is no such thing as Freedom of Speech in a private venue (yes, even in the US - read some Constitutional case law).

Paradox Interactive does not even need to provide tech support. They do so as a service, and probably as a good business practice, but it is most definitely not a requirement. Caveat Emptor.

Looking at it with some common sense though, if the mods were banning the naysayers and deleting posts, then as a rough estimate 60% or more of the posts in the regular forum would disappear right now and about 75% of the members (we will not even get into the tech support or bug report subforums). Please, let it be so! Would make for much better reading then. Your accusation does not hold water.

did you know that many posts containing negative feedback or complaints in this forum are swiftly deleted by moderators without warning? I have screenshots about 10 perfectly reasonable, logical posts documenting the games many problems that were erased. Worse, people who purchased the game who were banned for the said posts, and lost their access to the technical support forums...so what... people new to the forum beleive the game is without faults?
lame.

in b4 b&
Did you know that no post containing complaints or negative feedback are deleted by the moderators? They are instead moved to the correct locations for those posts (either the Bug Reports or Tech Support Forums), you just can't see them because you don't have a registered game. If you don't have a game, they don't need to waste their time answering your questions or helping you get a game running when there are paying customers who need their help.

thanks a lot for these usefull tips!

Moving technical complaints into hidden directories (the so called "correct places") away from potential customer's eyes is exactly what it looks like. Deal with it.

If I had known how much *massive* problems this game had I would have bought this next year (maybe) or not at all.

Paradox made sure I didn't know, so thanks a bunch for ripping me off.

Don't know if this is already posted (too lazy to read)

---Do you know that the tech called Operational Level Organization in the land doctrines decreases the waiting time between your land units atack by 24 hours each level and from 1936 by the time of war you can have it decreased by 96 hours? This puts a lot more Blitz in your Krieg :)