• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I take responsibility for this move (you might have noticed a bit of clearing out done).

It is just that the game is now 1 1/2 years old (the other games in the current section all had expansions/DLC's released lately).

What about EU Rome? By this logic, shouldn't it also be a "classic"?

Just a thought, but why not rename "Current Published Games" to "Recent Releases"? And then rename "Classic Published Games" to just "Published Games." That way you can simply sort based on how recent the title was published (or had DLCs or expansion released); but at the same time you remove the negative connotation that "Classic Game" implies... that it is old and unsupported.

...and I just wanted to add that I'm not entirely satisfied with the overall presentation of all subforums as I think it is all quite hard to navigate. Finding a better one is not as easy as it may seem however. I'm hoping to be able to figure out a way of making the forums more easily overviewed which will make all the various communities happy.

Good!
As long as there's a will there's a way :)

Just a thought, but why not rename "Current Published Games" to "Recent Releases"? And then rename "Classic Published Games" to just "Published Games." That way you can simply sort based on how recent the title was published (or had DLCs or expansion released); but at the same time you remove the negative connotation that "Classic Game" implies... that it is old and unsupported.

That looks like a good solution that takes care of 2 of the issues we currently have and will be of benefit for all other titles on this sub-forum that are still developed.

I would suggest renaming * ALL OTHER TITLES * to "Classic Published Games" or something similar and all titles that are no longer patched/worked on by developers to be moved there. This takes care of the last issue we have and is clear enough even for newcomers which games are still supported and which are "classics".

People, chill out... nothing has happened. As long as DH's dev team states clearly that they'll support the game for months/years to come, it's all ok. It's only a formal difference; the substance stays the same as it's been until yesterday. What are you afraid of?

As for the "Why in the classic section?" question, please read what Johan himself writes:

"Current game" is for those that game that is

1) recently released (within 6 months)

and/or

2) is still selling good and have a reasonably active community.

What are you afraid of?
This has nothing to do with me or us being afraid of anything.
It is about recognition and self respect, and proper treating.

As for the "Why in the classic section?" question, please read what Johan himself writes:

These are obsolete. Check BjornB's post what a Current game term stands (or was) for on the board.

Darkest Hour in the classic games ? I've bought it two hours ago ! I'm so old fashioned, now !
But ... Wait ! What is this patch 1.03 ? Darkest Hour is more supported than ever ? So It's ok ! Youpi !

Great job for this game, guys ! :eek: Also, when the patch will be released ? :)

This has nothing to do with me or us being afraid of anything.
It is about recognition and self respect, and proper treating.
Hm, sorry, Martin - I guess I should have written "Users, chill out", since you clearly misunderstood that I was not referring to you or the dev team as a whole (which seemed rather clear to me in my post, still... oh, well).

These are obsolete [Johan's definitions on "Classic"]. Check BjornB's post what a Current game term stands (or was) for on the board.
Well, these are BjornB's words:
And to ease your worries. Nothing has changed in how we value this game or how the work on it will progress. It is just that the game is now 1 1/2 years old (the other games in the current section all had expansions/DLC's released lately).

Personally I feel that the name "Current" is misleading and I am inclined to rename it to "Recent" instead as I feel that is a more suiting to what it should contain.
Read especially the 2nd part of the first line; I don't see how this would contradict the "old" definition.

But, I'll stress it again, as long as DH is being taken care of, it seems to me that this whole discussion is rather pointless. Devs support the game - players enjoy it - devs are pleased by that and go on supporting the game - players are even happier... where's the problem? Being labeled as "Classic"? No, wait - really...? :unsure:

But, I'll stress it again, as long as DH is being taken care of, it seems to me that this whole discussion is rather pointless. Devs support the game - players enjoy it - devs are pleased by that and go on supporting the game - players are even happier... where's the problem? Being labeled as "Classic"? No, wait - really...? :unsure:

It is a problem. Especially for new potential buyers. Many people could think "classic"=old "classic"= unsupported
I'm very disappointed with Paradox. It seems they saying:
"Hey you making patches which are bigger than some of ours DLC's ? We do not care, they are free. They dont count "

And you didn't even inform DH team about this ante factum

This is not they way how you should treat community.

...and I just wanted to add that I'm not entirely satisfied with the overall presentation of all subforums as I think it is all quite hard to navigate. Finding a better one is not as easy as it may seem however. I'm hoping to be able to figure out a way of making the forums more easily overviewed which will make all the various communities happy.

Perhaps if Paradox wish to move DH to the classics part of the forum you could allow us some sub forums to make navigation easier? recently the User-Modifications section of the DH forum has been littered with threads, having a sub forum for: Kaiserreich, Arms Armistice and Revolutions and Modern Day scenario 2 Darkest Hour could clean it up a lot...?

DH was the last stronghold of the Europa engine in the current games list, at least it can say it out lived all of the competition :D

Last edited:
DH in classic games and King Arthur II in current games. Give me a brake

I really appreciate Bjorn's feedback and clarification, but I still disagree with this.

Darkest Hour doesn't have an expansion because these guys release major content for free, as patches. As Easy just said, King Arthur II and a couple others deserve to be in "Classic" before Darkest Hour.

Regardless of Johan's technical explanation that section is perceived as a graveyard and it will affect sales, resulting in even less money for these under-appreciated developers.

I really appreciate Bjorn's feedback and clarification, but I still disagree with this.

Darkest Hour doesn't have an expansion because these guys release major content for free, as patches. As Easy just said, King Arthur II and a couple others deserve to be in "Classic" before Darkest Hour.

Regardless of Johan's technical explanation that section is perceived as a graveyard and it will affect sales, resulting in even less money for these under-appreciated developers.

The graveyard is the "all other games" subsection

So, if I would follow BjornB's argumentation, then why are Defenders of Ardania and the Magica forums still in the recently published games area? Neither of those forums is active or being used. Neither by developers, nor by the publisher or the game's community. The newest thread in the Defenders of Ardania forum, besides the beta-invitation, has last been responded to two months old, and the forum itself has barely 250 threads. In the Magica forums, the most current thread has seen no activity for two weeks now. Hm...

Last edited:
So, if I would follow BjornB's argumentation, then why are Defenders of Ardania and the Magica forums still in the recently published games area? Neither of those forums is active or being used. Neither by developers, nor by the publisher or the game's community. The newest thread in the Defenders of Ardania forum, besides the beta-invitation, has last been responded to two months old, and the forum itself has barely 250 threads. In the Magica forums, the most current thread has seen no activity for two weeks now. Hm...

Because they arent as old as DH, including DLC's to reset the timers

Some of you guys are being childish. First rule, don't mess with your superiors publicly. You don't like Paradox? Fine, leave it and build your own business. Maybe purchase the rights to build your own forum, too, but dont ever, ever, start public quarrel like this. It makes people sad. The most naive thing to do is start complain and let folks take part in it. Second, I still think Paradox has treated its games fairly so far. AoD was moved to classics months ago. You shouldn't get discriminated in a positive way just because some ppl like your game. It's fair and equal treatment what I can see.

Last edited:
With sad mind I say I'm done with DH. Best game ever, but you also need to have some honor to not make the people you represent look ridic. This is what differentiates professionals from kids. Good luck and take care.

With sad mind I say I'm done with DH. Best game ever, but you also need to have some honor to not make the people you represent look ridic. This is what differentiates professionals from kids. Good luck and take care.

So you're uninstalling a game you paid for because you disagree with a developer? Smart move there.

Status
Not open for further replies.