• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Install a program capable of editing comma-seperated values spreadsheets
Open the ../Darkest Hour/map/Map_1/provinces.csv file and set your spreadsheet program to seperate by semi-colon characters
There should be a function in the prog that 'freezes rows and columns' learn it's method than freeze row 1. That way you know which column refers to which value.
Use the game's ../Darkest Hour/Modding documentation/DH_Province_List.pdf file to coordinate province name and ID. You'll find metal is column R.

Upload it so I can see what you messed up. It's rather foolproof as long as you don't save it in a different format than a semi-colon seperated values spreadsheet. The resource values might be limited to 999 though.

Last edited:
For example, i change the oil production in Iceland, then i saved it as CSV format.
The game crashes, when the map starts.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1,3 MB · Views: 89
Switch the character encoding to windows-1252 when loading the csv. Save it as a text csv. I've done it with Calc and it works though can't save a screenshot right now due to trash OS i'm using.

When loading only punto y coma should be checked. That isn't Iceland's region you've changed. Do not manipulate province 0. Don't forget to backup data before editing it.

Last edited:
Hello there,
thanks for the editor! I used it to change tech teams and increase the resource outcome of some provinces. However, after hours of playing I realized that in conquered provinces, the resource outcome does not get repaired AT ALL. Broken factories and infrastructure seem to get repaired though.

Is this a known bug?
Can someone tell me how to fix it manually?

Thanks in advance.

Hello there,
thanks for the editor! I used it to change tech teams and increase the resource outcome of some provinces. However, after hours of playing I realized that in conquered provinces, the resource outcome does not get repaired AT ALL. Broken factories and infrastructure seem to get repaired though.

Is this a known bug?
Can someone tell me how to fix it manually?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Noerk,
The resources also are increased by researching the appropriate technologies so it's possible that you had less resources production because you have a lower technology level. I also play like you, moding some provinces and trying to make similar to the reality, and for example when I conquer one from a small country I usually have more resources production than him because I can investigate more technologies.
I suppose that your question is about this...
In any case, the supervisors of this app will help better than me.

Hello aviso,

I am not sure if I just don't understand your message or if I didn't make my point clear.
That's why I will quote myself and try to explain.
the resource outcome does not get repaired AT ALL.
You need to know the following:
When a province gets conquered, the resources it produces get set to zero. These numbers are also shown in red to indicate they are damaged.
This is to simulate the destruction of mines, power plants etc. a forceful invasion causes.
The facilities usually get repaired over time. This means that the resource outcome will slowly regenerate.
-exactly this last step is, as I said, not happening in my safegame, I played Japan invading China. Resources stay at red zero. By this I mean 0.00.

I have an assumption:
There must be something like a "province resource repair modifier" in the game files.
Either the editor or myself has changed that modifier to zero by accident.

I don't know how exactly it is called and in which file I can find it, but THESE are the informations I am looking for.

Thanks so far.

Hello aviso,

I am not sure if I just don't understand your message or if I didn't make my point clear.
That's why I will quote myself and try to explain.

You need to know the following:
When a province gets conquered, the resources it produces get set to zero. These numbers are also shown in red to indicate they are damaged.
This is to simulate the destruction of mines, power plants etc. a forceful invasion causes.
The facilities usually get repaired over time. This means that the resource outcome will slowly regenerate.
-exactly this last step is, as I said, not happening in my safegame, I played Japan invading China. Resources stay at red zero. By this I mean 0.00.

I have an assumption:
There must be something like a "province resource repair modifier" in the game files.
Either the editor or myself has changed that modifier to zero by accident.

I don't know how exactly it is called and in which file I can find it, but THESE are the informations I am looking for.

Thanks so far.

Ok, understood. In this case it seems that the resource repair modifier it's 0...

Then, open the editor and choose Misc. After this in the first page, Economy1, go the third column - fifth row and you will have this:
Province resource repair modifier and in a box, in which you can write, there should be the number 0.25
If there is a 0 instead, this is the error.

Yes, that did it.

I also realized that units don't dig in anymore. Could this also be connected to the editor? I am absolutely certain I haven't changed that setting manually.

I find it a bit worrying that the editor just changes some settings randomly instead of reading the contents of the files. Could this be because of the new version 1.05.1 of the game?

Yes, that did it.

I also realized that units don't dig in anymore. Could this also be connected to the editor? I am absolutely certain I haven't changed that setting manually.

I find it a bit worrying that the editor just changes some settings randomly instead of reading the contents of the files. Could this be because of the new version 1.05.1 of the game?

For this you must go to Combat4 and in then go to first column - twelfth row and you will should have this:
Dig increase per day 1​
Also can be that the previous row could be altered, in the 1 - 11 should have this:
Max land dig 15​

These are the values from DH Full.
# Max Land units dig in level.
30.0 #15.0
# Dig in level increase per day.
1.5 #1.0

About what has produced this... I don't know. For the moment I'm still in the 1.05 version and I didn't get any problems. I could be possible that the misc.txt file has been modified in the update or something similar but I can't say anymore.

I'm trying to add division names (unit names in editor) to new modded units but the new unit types do not appear in the list of units. Only the vanilla units are listed.

EDIT: Well I added the division names the old way, manually. 300+ new Soviet Ship names copy pasted. Wasnt fun. What was even less fun was going back through the editor to add more names to vanilla units, only to notice that the editor reverts the unitnames.csv file to the modless state after saving. I dont know if this editor is still being worked on, but this issue should be resolved. Thanks.

I too wish the editor would let us add unit names for d_xx divisions. The unitname.csv file is my least favorite to have to modify. If at all possible, I would request this functionality be added to the editor. It's incredibly helpful and a massive time-saver in most other functions. It's strange that all other parts of the editor does deal with them except this part. Just an overlooked part?

this is great! thanks! i will do a cold war scenario for Darkest Hour with this

not sure if kodak is still active...
but one of the most needed things imho is the function to read/save localization into the mods.csv.
if you load a mod which uses (solely) the mods.csv, you just get the vanilla texts/no strings.