• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
cool-toxic said:
Is it just me or is this two units in the same province, but with two different coordinates? :eek: :cool:

Is one of them retreating? Is one of them an icon of Barbarians? No matter what the second unit is, it looks great. :)

Yes that is weird. I first thought they were fighting but they really are walking in the opposite direction and they have different coordinates.

cool-toxic said:
Is it just me or is this two units in the same province, but with two different coordinates? :eek: :cool:

Is one of them retreating? Is one of them an icon of Barbarians? No matter what the second unit is, it looks great. :)

It looks as though one is marching toward Taulanti. I think they are the same nation but they definitely have different coordinates.

2 questions:

1. What is this?
romedd6pr7.jpg

2. How can I expand in babarian provinces (grey on political map)?

Ebusitanus said:
My thoughts exactly. Selucid or Gaulish Cohorts make my eyes bleed. Velites, Princeps after Marius make little historical sense. Unless of course there is an event the player chose to say no about this issue.
I know this might sound nit picking but there is something unholy in Caesar´s army being made of Avernian princeps or Trevian equites. Gaul has just fallen to rome and troops raised there would certainly not follow such naming. Culture and assimilation should have a say here. During this time Caesar only raised one "Gaulish" legion at the V Alaudae, but that was done in Transalpine Gaul which had been under roman control for over 150 years.

Question, how long would it take a stationary cohort to loose this veteran status?

All that said I have preordered the game already :D
As will I.

I'm glad someone picked my post up. I suppose these issues are of no consequence if you have little or no historical knowledge of this, but for me, and I think most people that have a slightly deeper knowledge of the period, it will indeed be quite an eye-sore.

Surely the developers are aware of all of this. Please do something about it or at least make it possible to mod the unit, 'model', and army-names in, for example a .csv-file, like in HoI 1&2.

Balor said:

Oh Allmighty Johan!

This is truly the most precious Development Diary Thou have ever bestowed upon our humble forum! Please be merciful for the poor forumities, hear to our pleads! I pray Thou shall not allow the Best Strategy Game Ever to be devoid of climax because of simplictic, non-culture based naming of the military units like the generic, hideous word 'cohort' that has been irroneusly been used in this and some previous Diaries.

Let the Schwartz be with You :p !

That's going to be awesome in mp , exept for the part of reloading if a player want to continu in mp game with his strong army instead of his power base.
But really nice trick to disable juggernaut instead of the usual gang bang....

One thing wich would be awesome is a diplomatic/or spy action where you can give found to a disloyal general and help to trigger a civil war... seomthing wich is for me really in the general idea of this period

barrabas said:
Please do something about the naming system of the armies and units. I know I will be able to change the names myself, but having to fight Gregoria's 5th Cohort and Cisalpina's 3rd Cohort in a Gallic 3rd Army, is annoying enough in itself. Besides, a 1000 men is too much for any unit called a cohort.

Yes, I now these are all generalisations to make the development of the game easier. But sincerely, I think it sucks (sorry about that). Please make an effort to provide a better army/unit names system, if not by nation then at least by culture. Or at least make it modable (which I think it wasn't in EUIII).

And what is GJC doing with principes and velites in his 3rd Army in a scenario that begins in 49 BC? A beta bug I presume.

Except for this and a few other things, I really look a forward to the release.
Thank you for making this game. I just wish it could be done a tiny bit better.

Only here would people realize what that acronym stood for, lol. Also I agree to the cohort thing but I can suspend my reality quite well in games..ah well!

Civil wars sounds awesome! Greatly looking forward to this one.

I hope civil wars will be made effective and not easily avoidable (i.e. irrilevant) by regarding quality over quantity: having an huge army of low level generals will always bring defeat against a small army of top generals. This could also become gamey though, so I'm curious to see what balance did they achieve.

This is looking really good, particularly for some sort of medieval mod. The civil war & dynastic possibilities are wonderful additions. :)

(it's a shame you won't let me pay for it!)