• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If I remember right there are two ranks. Daimyos who are heads of clans, and then another title (can't remember the name) who are their vassals.

I would imagine it being..

Shogun/Emperor (King/Pope)
|
Daimyo (Dukes)
|
Kokujin (Counts)
|
Samurai (Barons)

The emperor would probably be somewhat like the Pope position in CK2, I would imagine.

No point ignoring the elephant in the room, you guys at Paradox have an uphill battle with the release of Shogun 2. With that said, Crusader Kings and Medieval are completely different games, and I'm sure you can do the same with Sengoku. Whether that'll be enough to convince people to buy... I'm not sure. I still need convincing, when I usually haven't needed any.

Of course, it would help if I could actually see screenshots... for some reason the forums and Gamersgate take an eternity to load when I'm in Christchurch, yet are just fine from other parts of the country. Hopefully the server upgrade will help.

I don't think it will be a problem. Paradox= more depth, and it will be at least five to six months past Shogun 2. By that point the SP folks will be tired of the game, and the MP folks will either also like Sengoku, or wouldn't like Sengoku anyways. It might even help sales a bit.

If Paradox really needs sales- they should include a "loli mode" to get the anime fans into it. ^_^

If Paradox really needs sales- they should include a "loli mode" to get the anime fans into it. ^_^

yay loli mode!!! anyway even koei in their newest Nobunaga's Ambition included female Kenshin :p

on the other hand... not a bad idea for a mod :p but paradox wont make personal portraits for each character?

It's already been told a million times that Korean invasions won't be in the game...

I disagree, and as I pointed out in another thread, they are at least equal to if not better than CivV and Total War. And these are alpha shots too.

I'm eagerly waiting for this and sure it'll be a great, depth-rich (finally) game about this period. It's gonna shine for characters, politics, feudal hierarchy, intrigues. But please, don't compare this to TW:S2 in terms of eye-pleasing. Played TW:S2 a bit over the weekend, suprisingly not so dumb, even excellent as for usual CA standards. Whatever to say, one thing would be quite hard - to smash it because of visual side of the game. In current alpha screenshots Sengoku can be compared to, I don't know, maybe TW:Rome from many years back then - at best (there are MUCH better sprites in EU:Rome!).

Last edited:
I do say that looking at Japan minimap without Hokkaido hurts my brain.

All games that I've played in the Sengoku setting have excluded Hokkaido. The island is relatively insignificant for this period of Japanese history (though I'm sure someone will argue with me).
Sure, it's normal to exclude it from play. But I'd still like to see the southern tip (and the eastern coast of Korea) on the map rather than just empty water.

All games that I've played in the Sengoku setting have excluded Hokkaido. The island is relatively insignificant for this period of Japanese history (though I'm sure someone will argue with me).

The latest Nobunaga's Ambition game has the southern tip. It's actually somewhat annoying to have to sail over, but it's still cool to see :p

Very nice Johan, please have a working supply system :p (pretty please)

I think a proper supply system with trucks, oil pipelines and submarine warfare is the #1 priority.

Or maybe a weather simulation taking 75% of the processing time to measure moisture... Yes thats what we'll focus on..

:EVIL:

I think a proper supply system with trucks, oil pipelines and submarine warfare is the #1 priority.

Johan, don't be silly! That would be totally ahistorical. There were no trucks in Japan back then. You'll guys better re-calculate your supply algorithms, cause there's a difference between the Transport Capacity of trucks and that of horse powered carts and caravans.

and make sure we can see the caravans moving on the map, just like creative assembly did

(/absurdity) :p

Oooh! Looks interesting.

I like Japanese history so I'm very pleased to see a Paradox game coming out with that as it's focus.

Hope to see some new innovative concepts. :)

yay loli mode!!! anyway even koei in their newest Nobunaga's Ambition included female Kenshin :p

on the other hand... not a bad idea for a mod :p but paradox wont make personal portraits for each character?

Umm... you know what loli is, right? It's a VERY bad idea for a mod...