• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Of course, attacking forests across the river and outnumbered will surely lead to victory.

A loan to pay a loan sounds like sound economic policy.

Oh, don't underestimate Miran; surely it's a cunning ploy to encourage Bihar and the like to fall into the trap and attack the seemeingly weaken Khandesh. Think: stability saved!

impressed with the way in which you're letting those rebels think they'll win ... river (check), trees to hind behind (check), lots more cavalry (check) ... and then ... you do win don't you?

This...is...KHANDESH!

(what do you think?)

;)

So much stupidity can only lead to the greatest of empires ever known!

Oh those damned Timurid rebels! If only your cousin did not misunderstand your familiar help and instead helped you with rebel-crashing.

Thank you profusely for the replies!

Boris ze Spider - Of course it will! This is brilliant strategy from the great Miran once again. Another 'victory' has been secured!

blsteen - Victorious rebels too! Oh wait, that's a bad thing...

dinofs - Indeed! The Khandeshi army is unstoppable. They certainly did not stop during the battle of Karshi. They fled from the rebels as quickly as they could!

RGB - How very true. It is not only Miran's military ability which is superb, his mastery of economics is also quite brilliant.

loki100 - Check! Uh...well...it was a 'victory'. *cough*

gabor - Quite so! This was a devious ploy to entice foolish enemies into attacking Khandesh, and in no way is this actually due to shocking incompetence. This excellent plan has already brought results, Bihar has paid off one of the loans already!

Iain Wilson - Wait, repeat that in a few minutes, the portable well isn't quite ready yet!

blsteen - Miran's getting the portable well readied right now!

Murmurandus - How very true! Khandesh continues to blunder her way towards greatness. Uh, I mean, she is being skillfully guided to greatness.

Dewirix - I do like that idea very much. Or perhaps 'Miran Miran' could be the new name for Khandesh, double Miran power is ever unstoppable! Well, unless it comes up against Timurid rebels that is...

Athalcor - It truly is breathtaking how foolish 'Mirza has been in this regard. Repeatedly attacking peaceful, helpful and friendly Khandeshi forces for no good reason. Alas, as this update will show, he's not the only backstabbing Faruqi relative!

KHANDESH THE BEWILDERINGLY SUCCESSFUL
CHAPTER 8 - KEEPING IT IN THE FAMILY
(1461-1463)

I, alongside most of my court, have been awaiting news of the battle of Karshi with great anticipation. That my army will be victorious is without doubt. I am simply wanting to know how many of the rebel scum have been defeated so as to determine how large a triumph I should hold in my honour.

UP24-1.jpg

Oh.

We did not even cause the opposing force more casualties this time. I hurriedly denounce General Bhatti, questioning why any idiot would attack when so clearly outnumbered. The man has no grasp of basic strategy.

Noor supplies me with a fresh worry when her scouts report back showing that our erstwhile battlefield ally, Qara Koyunlu, a shamelessly opportunistic nation to so attack poor 'Mirza whilst his nation is struggling, have occupied the Timurids remaining land to the west.

UP24-2.jpg

This leaves me with little room to manoeuvre. The only other Timurid land I can conquer-uh, liberate from cruel rebel occupation, is the rebel stronghold to the northwest beyond Khiva. My troops are too bloody and battered to consider launching another assault there at present.

Nonetheless despite having suffered the shocking defeat at Karshi and despite the worrisome news Noor has now brought to me, I refuse to panic. I am resolute in my intention to continue the war, as there is absolutely no reason to worry about one piffling reverse. I owe it to 'Mirza to continue fighting both against him and alongside him. My forces are still on top of the situation, the rebels will be defeated in due time. Even if there does seem to a surprisingly large amount of them. Hordes you could say. A great deal at least. Hmm.

UP24-3.jpg

I did not lose my nerve in hurriedly sending Hemant to beg the Timurids for a peace deal. Rather, I can see my relation of some sort, 'Mirza, had things under control due to our aid. His country now has some rebel free areas. A few anyway. A village or two at the very least.

I have suffered quite a bit of bad luck recently what with the sudden bank loans being required, the surprise defeat at Karshi and Bihar's declaration of war. Still it is events like these which help shape your character and I think I have proven myself a cool, calm and collected ruler able to deal with the pressures of rule. At least now I should be due some good luck.

UP24-4.jpg

Wonderful.

I am left incredulous when Hemant tells me that the Khandesh Empire has become overextended. It is not as if I and past rulers have gone on a reckless conquering spree expanding in every direction without any justication for our acts. Our expansion has been completely justifiable. We wanted more land and power.

Still seemingly in the grip of bad luck, I decide to spread said bad luck around. Bihar can suffer too.

UP24-5.jpg

Having secured such a considerable amount of ducats from Bihar, it becomes clear why they declared war upon Khandesh. They were clearly wishing to make a contribution towards aiding our perilous financial position.

A few months later Noor brings me word that she has successfully completed her mission.

UP24-6.jpg

Which was to gain a valid cassus belli against a far smaller nation ready to be conquered and embraced into Khandesh. Inspecting the document which Noor procured, I note that it asserts our centuries old claim to the lands in contention, overlooking as I do the still wet ink. I congratulate Noor and send orders for the troops to make ready.

UP24-7.jpg

Deccan shall be made to pay for holding land she is entirely justified to call her own and for which I have but a highly dubious and spurious claim.

Evidently the Deccanese people agree with my view as mere days after gaining our suspicious claim to Telingana, the majority culture of the province becomes an accepted culture of my realm.

UP24-8.jpg

Noor has greatly impressed me once again in making this so. Apparently she achieved this by touring the Telingana province in advance of my troops, threatening the citizens of the province with fully loaded moles should they refuse to happily become citizens of the Khandesh Empire.

Considering the time now right, now that is that my troops are busy fighting another war hundreds of miles away, I declare war upon Durrani, wishing to subjugate the small nation as per the mission Hemant earlier devised.

UP24-9.jpg

I am left rather surprised when Durrani calls in a veritable host of allies and all of my perfdious allies reject the call to arms. All that is except for my vassal the Jalayirids, of course. A nation which must be very glad it has a me on her throne, constantly dragging her into wars which have little relevance and provide no benefit for the Jalayirid people. Truly I am shocked that no other nation has offered its throne to me.

Whilst noting the various allies Durrani has somehow convinced to stand against me, I note one name on the list which gives me pause for thought. Khorasan rings a bell for some reason.

UP24-10.jpg

Of course, the ridiculously named Faruqi is their ruler. Disgusted that anyone could so attack a fellow member of their family, I have Ulugh added to The List. He truly is acting in an appalling manner, I would never dream of attacking a fellow Faruqi. All of my dealings with 'Mirza have been with the sole intention of aiding him. Nonetheless when fighting a Faruqi care is always required, as I know only too well myself, my family is blessed with stupendous ability. Even strangely named distant relatives. With a Faruqi against me, this changes everything. This war has become far more difficult.

Which Faruqi will triumph in this titanic clash of remarkably gifted rulers? Why does someone named Miran Muhammand Khan I Faruqi think Ulugh Beg II Faruqi an outlandish name? Find out in the next poorly written episode of Khandesh - land of the bewildered!

Oh no! Soon all the Asian countries will be ruled by Faruqis! The world is doomed! DOOOMED!!!

(okay, silly joke.)

After a long leave of absence, I return and find that...

Absolutely evrything is mad. The usual, as such. This bodes well.

Of course, the ridiculously named Faruqi is their ruler. Disgusted that anyone could so attack a fellow member of their family, I have Ulugh added to The List. He truly is acting in an appalling manner, I would never dream of attacking a fellow Faruqi.

To be fair, he is nine years old, so can perhaps be forgiven for not having the same grasp on foreign policy that Miran does.

Now that many of your allies have ditched you you'll have plenty of targets for the next war.

A Faruqi for everyone is exactly what the doctor called for. Preferably the same Faruqi. Called Miran.

Are the magnificently gifted Faruqis the next Hapsburgs? For the sake of the world, I certainly hope so.

Great updates, morningSIDEr! I just realized that you have started updating this AAR. :eek:o

To the North-West of the map one can see a country depicted in the colour disturbingly similar to mighty Khandesh. Seems to be ending with ...-va. Worse still, even the army flag guarding one province looks alarmingly Khandesh-ish. That's preposterous! Shouldn't Miran do something about it?

...Worse still, even the army flag guarding one province looks alarmingly Khandesh-ish. That's preposterous! Shouldn't Miran do something about it?

That is his own army:D. Have a look at the first screen in the update.