• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Conan the Barbarian would be proud.

If only there were a country for him to appear. ;)

I'm gonna do a world in 1880 breather update so let me know what screenies you want to see. I'm also going to do a bunch of photo shuffling and backlog organizing.

Also, guys, this is now the 2nd best Vicky 1 CSAAR - behind "To live and die in Dixie". Thanks so much! :D

Last edited:
Would you mind Ben?

1anrs: Not at all. Keep the screenshot requests coming. The more the merrier. Then I can make a bigger update! :D

Last edited:
CPTCSA: Welcome aboard! Always glad to have new readers.

Enewald - that was hilarious! Thanks for posting that! :D

If only there were a country for him to appear. ;)

I'm gonna do a world in 1880 breather update so let me know what screenies you want to see. I'm also going to do a bunch of photo shuffling and backlog organizing.

Also, guys, this is now the 2nd best Vicky 1 CSAAR - behind "To live and die in Dixie". Thanks so much! :D

A map over your owned territory in green (I think it's F10 on Clauzewitz) would be grand.:)

I have been reading this arr almost since it first came out I just now posted though. enjoying it very much though never had vic1

Welcome aboard - it's been fun!

I have been reading this arr almost since it first came out I just now posted though. enjoying it very much though never had vic1

Welcome aboard! Cpt. CSA! :D

A map over your owned territory in green (I think it's F10 on Clauzewitz) would be grand.

You got it, Nikolai! Update in a few days. :)

Great! :)

Act IV: Deuteronomy
Chapter 7: The End of the Confederacy
Part 1: The Empire on Which the Sun Never sets.

empire.and.sun.jpg

"A power which has dotted over the surface of the whole globe with her possessions and military posts, whose morning drumbeat, following the sun and keeping company with the hours, circles the earth with one continuous and unbroken strain of the martial airs of England."

-Daniel Webster.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zs0p9h1zk7rh20/worldmap18802.png?dl=0

Sir?

smith_web.jpg

*Sigh*. Yes?

They've returned from their journeys, sir.

Thank you. Send them in.

115952_683_1-336x280.jpg

You're president? President Kirby Smith?

In the flesh. Though I am uncertain why the Lord would choose this unworthy servant to replace our honourable Breckenridge. 4 years he served, and 10 our forefather, Jefferson Davis. Would it be that I would serve as long. Davis was re-elected to his second term in '66, if I recall correctly, and Breckenridge in '70.

It's your turn now?

Yes, I've been in office since Breckenridge stepped down in 1874, during the war with the Imperials - for health reasons. I was Re-elected in '78 and am now in my second term. As the years pass more of us have passed away.

So how are we doing?

As you can see - our domains span the world, we have a presence on 4 continents, and a dominant position on two. Only 7 hours of daylight separate the port of Mombasa from Santo Domingo. We have a few minor rebellions, but other than that we are faring extremely well.

As you can see, we have finally paid our creditors and began the mighty task of exterminating the thieves and robbers that suckle themselves off the blood of the citizenry. We still turn a profit of 300 pounds a year.

budget1880_zpsd4874654.png

Shouldn't we open some schools?

We fear that the Imperial Empire of America would strive to regain what they have lost when our peace treaty expires in December. So we should prepare to meet their challenge with our own arms.

We have regained our great power status, and remain the 5th largest in prestige, while attaining the second largest military behind only the British Empire. We have slid to the FOURTH largest industrial power in North America, behind Brazil, Canada and the Imperial Empire.

ranking1880_zps496691ad.png

Hey the people need to work and have good jobs. We should build more factories.

We should prepare for the immediate invasion danger first. It does us no good to build factories we cannot preserve.

We do have the largest empire, but by default as the British have released their Dominion of Canada. Although we also have Mexico as a satellite. So all in all, we are roughly on par with the British Empire.

provinces1880_zps9ceca93e.png

Whoa. We're number 1!

Save the fact that our navy lags, yes. The British cannot defeat us and we cannot successfully assail them. So the wary peace continues.

What about the rest of the world? There is a possibility that this senseless conflict between Spain and the United Kingdom would erupt into a general war - the peace treaties between Germany, France, the North German Federation, the South German Federation, Prussia and Russia will all expire later this year. The world has had 5 years of a robust peace. Which may soon be shattered in a general European conflict.

Europe1880_zps0524e8b9.png

Is it possible we might be dragged in?

Unlikely. Whichever side we side on will tip the balance.

Last edited:
Thanks, I put the map up on dropbox because it's very big. You can download it to get the bigger version. :eek:

If there's another, better way to get it to display here, I'm all ears.

Oi! You expanded that after I posted! Now I look cheap with only a quick comment on such a data-rich update. :p

So, your Confederacy is big, your army is the biggest in the world - but your industrial base is distinctly weak. Oh well, perhaps you can start industrializing (if you even need to) after the Imperials are finally kicked to the curb.

How many of your divisions are in America? Enough to feel confident about the next Imperial onslaught?

You expanded that after I posted! Now I look cheap with only a quick comment on such a data-rich update.

Yeah, I tend to tinker with the update till I get it looking the way I want. :)

So, your Confederacy is big, your army is the biggest in the world - but your industrial base is distinctly weak. Oh well, perhaps you can start industrializing (if you even need to) after the Imperials are finally kicked to the curb.

We had bills to pay. It costs money to conquer china and that's all paid off. As you can see I have about a 300 pound daily surplus with full military spending, and about 10k in the bank.

How many of your divisions are in America? Enough to feel confident about the next Imperial onslaught?

You'll find the answer to this question next update. ;) Oddly enough no one asked for a disposition of my current forces. :laugh:

Thanks for the map of Europe, interesting that Denmark has been squeezed and France is intruding on German territory. Other than that, not really that different :)

Thanks for the map of Europe, interesting that Denmark has been squeezed and France is intruding on German territory. Other than that, not really that different

Uh, other than the fact that there's a NGF, a SGF, and Prussia? Prussia lost the Franco-Prussian war. SGF is allied to Austria, NGF with France, and Prussia is allied to Russia.

The interlocking alliances in Europe will make WC somewhat easier. I should be ok for diplomats.