• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Too hokey. Who would believe a story that revolved around sending one man back in the past to save the future?
Well, technically, it tends to be one man and a machine. Or one bad machine and a good machine. But still, the point stands. :)

You are safe.

Terminator2_onesheet_final-5-500x383.jpg
So we go from murderous aliens to slightly less murderous cyborgs. Or wait, the alien only kills people who are armed, so really the cyborg is more of a killer. Though it depends on which version of the cyborg you get: the good, the bad, or the molten metal one. Anyway, has Dutch Shaefer morphed into T-800 now? I'm a bit confused and no amount of stream-of-consciousness typing can really hide that.

Dutch Schaefer always *was* the Terminator.

Well, technically, it tends to be one man and a machine. Or one bad machine and a good machine. But still, the point stands.

For Back to the Future? ;)

Last edited:
Incidentally, the original script of Predator 2 had Gary Busey's character as Dutch, (Arnold was supposed to reprise his role) which might explain some Busey's dialogue in the film.

Oh how I think I need to go back and watch the Terminator now! :p

Act IV: Deuteronomy
Chapter 5: The Tyger
Part 5: Fearful Symmetry.

57752_cuzco-machupicchu.jpg

Ahh Cuzco. Isn't this glorious, Clara.

Doc_Brown.png

I still can't get over that alien. What do you think he was doing here?

alf%202.jpg

Aliens? Here?

He's a timetraveller, Clara.

28077.jpg

What if he wasn't?

MartyMcfly.jpg

Hey, you're right. Maybe his space ship is here somewhere.

Spaceship.jpg

Spaceship? You found my spaceship?

24592nazca_bird.jpg

Aliens, in Peru? Who would believe that? This isn't the history channel!

autor.jpeg

We crossed the desert. Climbed into the high mountains, swam across the highest lake in the world.

titicaca.jpg

Forded the swamp and cut our way through the Jungle.

3-day-amazon-jungle-tour-at-sinchicuy-lodge-in-iquitos-111549.jpg

Where is the Bolivian Army?

CSAARBoDuke_zpsd9aad127.png

Bolivian army?

Yeah, this always happens, you invade someone's country and they send in the armed forces to stop you.

CSAARLukeDuke_zpsecbdec30.png

How rude.

I still haven't seen them around. I guess they aren't coming.

Misionlavalle.jpg

What do you think we are? Barbarians? No, we are civilized people.

We have heard much about your Confederacy, your struggle against the imperial powers.

Your consorting with aliens and scientists.

Doc-600x322.jpg

Hey, I resemble that remark.

alf2_528_poster.jpg

Haalp, they are taking me away! I have rights! I'm a citizen!

You have no rights, you alien!

What was that?

Never mind. Just taking care of business.

We would like to join your glorious confederacy and would be happy to sell you Nitrates.

You must, however, do one more thing for us?

What did you have in mind?

Loan us Dutch.

Terminator2_onesheet_final-5-500x383.jpg

Ahhl be back.

Nitrates_zps59c6ddb7.png

Will the confederacy get their explosives industry off the ground? What does Bolivia plan to do with Dutch? Will Ben Kenobi finish his book? find out next on Deo Vindice, a CSAAR!

Last edited:
Alf! :D
Good update as always. :)

Ah excellent, we are into the Americas again :)

Maybe in time you can build a bridge between those lands and your main territories :D

I know fully understand the reason for your success...

I love Giorgio Tsoukalos, he's hilarious and quite the personality!

Ack! Alf! Yes, I loved that show when I was about 8 years old, but now... Let's just say it hasn't aged to well. In my estimation.

So getting rid of him certainly was the right thing to do. ;) Plus, it seems to have gained you Bolivia, so that's a very good trade indeed.

Plus, it seems to have gained you Bolivia, so that's a very good trade indeed.

Most of Bolivia and Peru.

The sharp eyed will notice things in the picture that are *quite* relevant to the game.

I will take a breather after a short update for editing and moving photos and I'd like people to submit what stuff they want to see in game so I can do a 'world in 1880' update.

Maybe in time you can build a bridge between those lands and your main territories

A surprisingly Prescient guess at the next update. ;)

Most of Bolivia and Peru.

The sharp eyed will notice things in the picture that are *quite* relevant to the game.

I will take a breather after a short update for editing and moving photos and I'd like people to submit what stuff they want to see in game so I can do a 'world in 1880' update.
I'd like to see the Pagan Knights overrun Europe. :D

I'd like to see the Pagan Knights overrun Europe

Europe? What's that? ;)

We have a couple problems with that. One - we have a very small navy.

For us to conquer Europe, we would need the following:

1, a naval base. Hampton roads in Virginia is just too far away. If you'll notice - I based the attack on Japan out of Hawaii. Japan was later used for the naval support for our boats out of China, to land and to establish a toehold.

When I wanted to expand in the Indian ocean, the first thing I took was Kalat, which allowed us to stage anywhere in the Indian ocean.

For me to expand in Europe, I need a naval base somewhere in Europe, this way, when they try to interdict us, we'll have a place to withdraw our steamers to so that they don't get destroyed.

We'll want a fairly weak power, so that we will have success in landing our troops. So we would target a weak European nation.

Two, we need a land border with European powers so that we don't have to try to land troops, the troops will already be there.

Given all that, take a guess as to whom we will target. :)

Time to build up the Great White Fleet then for a new nation!

Given all that, take a guess as to whom we will target.
Probably France. A nice bait and switch, and, well, we all know what the deal with France is. Anyway, onward! Take Europe in the name of the Pagan Knights!

You're running a comfortable surplus, finally? And there appears to be (kinda hard to know for sure with the small screenshot) a Russian division in what used to be Bolivia?

For your entry into European affairs, I'll wager on Portugal/Spain.

Italians actually.

The pope took over Ecuador, and Italy went to war with the Pope. The result? Italian intervention in South America.

You're running a comfortable surplus, finally?

Yes, our debt has been paid off!

Probably France. A nice bait and switch, and, well, we all know what the deal with France is. Anyway, onward! Take Europe in the name of the Pagan Knights!

France is number 3 in the world in military, has a large colonial empire. Even if we were to successfully invade (and it is not guaranteed that we would beat them in such an invasion), they would trade off colonies rather than Core French territory which is what we want.

France, in this timeline successfully defeated a coalition of Prussia and Russia. They control NGF, while Austria controls the SGF. The interlocking alliances are

France + NGF
Austria + SGF
Russia + Prussia
England + Portugal.

Ngf without Prussia?

Yes, it's quite the thing. NGF satellite to France, and France is now allied with Spain who is at war with Britain.