• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
True. Me and Cool are thinking of falling back to the defensive fortifications and hold there while we figure out an alternative. With German forces rampant in Africa and the stalemate in the Middle East and Asia, we don't have many options available to us.

Even if we were to abandon Europe, it would mean the collapse of the Middle East front and the eventual collapse of all of Africa ontop of that. Without the front in Europe, German ships could base off of Portugal and France again, and wreck havoc to the shipping lanes between me and Britain. Not to mention, of course, a continual threat of a landing on Britain or mainland USA.

Indeed, all situations look grim at the moment. A shrouded path lay ahead.

What's the Baltic like? Because if you managed to seize Copenhagen, you could always launch a seaborne invasion in and around Strasund, and try to push on Berlin from there.

You need to kill off Hitler. That, in reality, is your only chance now.

Germans control Copenhagen, and thus entry into the Baltic :(

When you reach 100 dissent..it pops out an event where your goverment is replaced and you get -100 dissent.

But.. it happend to me when i played as france and cheated dissent.. countries like Chad Dow'd me. At one point my goverment was replaced and i get 0 dissent (-100 thx to the event).. but the ministers where the same... no changes :confused:

If you can hold a defensive line in Europe, would nuking the USSR be an option? Could it create enough dissent to free you from controling the Chinese front?

It might, but I don't know how many divisions it would take to march into Siberia and knock the Soviets out. With our military assets stretched to the absolute limit, I don't know how heavy of an advance we could make into Siberia. Maybe if we shipped troops from Europe to Asia and pushed there...Don't know. Me and Cool are having a lot of discussion on what to do. He is not at all pleased with the situation either.

My TC is crap, it is having a ghastly effect on my ability to fight. Holding those forts is imperative. Without the forts, I stand no chance of holding in Europe. I figure we are now outnumbered 2:1.

It might, but I don't know how many divisions it would take to march into Siberia and knock the Soviets out. With our military assets stretched to the absolute limit, I don't know how heavy of an advance we could make into Siberia.
But if you cripple the Russians with a nuke or two, won't China be able to kill them without your help?

Okay, so, strategic development.

1) Defeat the majority of Italy, release the RSI.
-> That'll free up some TC, plus potentially put further troops on the ground. Yes, you'll have to deal with the "legitimate" Italian government still, but hell, it's better than nothing.
2) Breakout in the Balkans/Austria.
-> Assuming the Italian defeat, this breakout will surely force the Germans to withdraw some troops to the south if only to cover their retreats.
3) Isolate Berlin.
-> Unfortunately, you may have to exploit your way out of this. With the UK a radioactive wasteland, Germany resembling the worst of the Somme and major US cities levelled, it's all out kill or be killed.
4) Smash through Poland.
-> Wiping out/isolating Berlin will shatter the Germans' supply base, as well as killing off many of their best ministers. That will be your opportunity.

Is their any way of bringing the Soviets into a war against Germany?

Gentlemen we have reached an awful hour in the history of this war. Our resources are few, our enemies are vast and uncounted.

Still I do not council despair. The enemy has lost the vast majority of his homeland, his cities are even more ruined then ours, he cannot have much left. There is a Norse proverb, a hero is one who can hold for one minute longer. In this black and heavy hour, victory will go to the side who can hold for the minute longer. We must destroy enemy resources and force him to exhaust himself. That means Italy and Sweden must be destroyed. The divisions trapped in Denmark must be taken on and wiped out before they can link up with the horde in Germany.

I believe Sweden would be the easiest target to take out. Closing that front will allow you to transfer units to the main battle in Central Europe. You're not going to enjoy the effort, it's going to spike your causality rate even higher. But it is necessary to win at this point. Fronts must be closed no matter the cost!

How are the Japanese doing? Are you going to MC them to try and save Korea (I wouldn't consider MC an exploit in this case seeing as they're your puppet, and you need all the allies and their manpower you can get).

Well you cant keep fighting anyway, your divisions are losing strength endlessly and will start disappearing soon.

How are the Japanese doing? Are you going to MC them to try and save Korea (I wouldn't consider MC an exploit in this case seeing as they're your puppet, and you need all the allies and their manpower you can get).

Japan is not like China. My bets are they're going to be building Destroyers and Fighters.

I think it would be legit to go into the save file and edit the Allied puppet AIs so that they produce what's needed to win this war. (Inf+Mech+Armor+FTR+CAS) :mad: That means you, Japan!!! And you, China!! And Canada!

After all your enemy is operating under DAIM so you might just as well tweak it. This is not cheating, it's just enforcing Alliance strategy.

Woha! Lots of feedback here. Well let me start on this then..
I agree with the guy who said you should march into India and release it as a puppet, but Britain has cores on it.

>Yeah, and UK does not get any manpower from it, as it is an overseas mp base. :(

I believe Sweden would be the easiest target to take out. Closing that front will allow you to transfer units to the main battle in Central Europe. You're not going to enjoy the effort, it's going to spike your causality rate even higher. But it is necessary to win at this point. Fronts must be closed no matter the cost!

>Already pushing there. We are outside of Stockholm. Sadly, will not ease our situation. I forgot about the Finnish border, and it actually required more troops to hold (which sadly required reinforcements meant for Europe). the Soviets have their fair share of divisions along the northern Finnish border.

1) Defeat the majority of Italy, release the RSI.
2) Breakout in the Balkans/Austria.
3) Isolate Berlin.
4) Smash through Poland.
Is their any way of bringing the Soviets into a war against Germany?

>1) We attempted, but withdrawing anymore troops from Germany would lead to total collapse. We tried knocking out Italy earlier, but were stopped at the Po River, just outside Milan. Maybe a landing along the Adriatic coast...
>3)I will do that if I beat this counteroffensive off. This is enough. It needs to end.
>4) After Berlin.
>5) Only via events. I might consider it, but I doubt the Soviets would go to war in real life if they were fighting with their entire army in Asia.

@All those talking about China and Japan:
>Yes, they are all military controlled. I edited China so they would not produce militias. I did not touch Japan's, as I need their naval transports, carriers, and navy to both a) fend off the Soviet fleet as mine is busy and b) to send troops to Korea or China from Japan :)

After all your enemy is operating under DAIM so you might just as well tweak it. This is not cheating, it's just enforcing Alliance strategy.

>Agreed.

I will be updating today again, and might do another tomorrow as well.

I was picturing what German propaganda must look like. Uncle Sam dragging himself towards Berlin, with a trail of blood and destroyed tanks behind him stretching to Normandy, with a German soldier standing tall and mighty behind the Elbe River.

Ha, yes something like that. All we are missing now is the first part of what I described :p

Eh... well maybe it is time for you to plainly re-load an older save. I think the one before Cool mombed Moscow and your relationship with the USSR dropped would be appropriate. Becasue it really does not make sense for them to decleare war on you.