• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also changing the resolution to 1280x1024 crashes the game
(running Vista HP 64bit, Dx9 installed)
This and all those other "small" bugs make me wonder again if there is some kind of QA at PI :confused:
Oh, I forgot, everytime a software fails to work, the OS and definitely MS is to blame, it´s easier this way. :wacko:

Why does noone read the stickies? :(

Delete Settings

Another thing to try, which is the only way that I can get the demo to work on Vista 64 Ultimate/SP1 using the latest Nvidia drivers for my 8800gtx is to simply delete the settings.txt file. Game works flawlessly in the default 1024x780 resolution after I remove that file (it recreates it). But, if I attempt to change any options, using either the options menu or manually editing the settings.txt file, the game will crash upon pressing single player or whatever the button is to begin a new game. The intro screens will load at 1920x1200 resolutions, for what its worth.

get directx 9.0, the latest version, and install that, this will not over-write the directx 10, and get the latest drivers for your video card (especially if its a high end Nvidia card)

there is a link in the stickies in Johan's thread

d3dx9_35.dll is a part of directx9.0c, so now there is several very different directx9.0c, so depending of the one you installed :

a) it will not install because you pust that dll manually

or
b) the directx you downloaded is not the right one

or

c) it's the right one and things will be smooth

The problem is Micro$oft who requested several different builds to be named directx9.0c ....

I use the demo without much problem on a crapy Xp (living in thailand XP SP2 costed me 3(three) $ if you get my point), I use a VGA card 128mb with AGP4x, I do have 1Gb of Ram (but 8 Ghz of swap on 2 other HD than the one who have the demo) and Celeron 2.26 Ghz , and I do paly without problem at 1200*1000, with some problem at 1650*1080 .

So yes the demo is taken ressources , my system is crappy is limit for that game, but any problem are mostly MS related or driver related (the last build of the drivr is necessary) and the demo is fine.

Demo missing d3dx9_35.dll error

I downloaded the demo and get an error saying I am missing d3dx9_35.dll. to reinstall and try agian. I reinstalled, did not work, got the demo from another site, same issue. any one know what this is? will it be an issue with the full game?

Thanks in advance for any help

Caution

It is not just DirectX 9. You need a video card that can handle 128mb. An additional message says you need PixelShader 2.0.

NOTE: PixelShader 2.0 is NOT a downloadable object. Anyone that says so is waiting for you with Spyware. PixelShader is loaded on a Graphics Card. A number of outlets including TigerDirect have it in the range of $80 to $300 dollars US.

This is a case of the designer not grandfathering his software. They can afford it. Can You? The reason I mentioned TigerDirect is that the local outlet was the only people that knew PixelShader is loaded on the video card hardware.

Received same error message, read this thread, installed DirectX 10, demo works like a charm even though it's a standard laptop with only an on board 16MB graphic card. Cheers.

Difficulties to run the game __ Please help

All

I installed (the demo and) the game (in both cases) and the game breaks down immediately after I select one of my armies (after selecting my armies an arrow appeared in the screen and then all the screen becomes black, immediately after I was taken out of the game and requested to send a report) :confused: , I wonder why this may have happened if I already installed Divx9? do you know if this is because of vista, how may I solve this? (e.g. what if I may not have vista).

because of the above I tried with other computer, but I could not install Divx9 because I have restricted installing privileges for installing Divx9, for this case do you know if a new version of rome will be released that includes divx9?

If any of you have experience this and have found a solution it will be great that you may share such solution,

Thanks a lot!

Cantabri

I downloaded DX9 (I have DX10 by default) and it hasn't solved my problems with the game (they are in detail in the tech support forum) so I was wondering maybe I'm not running the game with Dx9. Do I have to choose something like "run with DX9", and if so how?

TGHoplite said:
I downloaded DX9 (I have DX10 by default) and it hasn't solved my problems with the game (they are in detail in the tech support forum) so I was wondering maybe I'm not running the game with Dx9. Do I have to choose something like "run with DX9", and if so how?

does this sticky (in tech support) help?
Mind, I'm not running Vista, but I've been told that it should auto-detect which DX version is necessary (if you have it installed). If the steps in that sticky don't help, post in tech support.

ForzaA said:
does this sticky (in tech support) help?
Mind, I'm not running Vista, but I've been told that it should auto-detect which DX version is necessary (if you have it installed). If the steps in that sticky don't help, post in tech support.

I am having the same problem I am running vista downloaded this thing yet the game still has the same error message. What is wrong?

The link you provided above I dont have access apparently to that area of the forums so I can view it.

Can anyone help so I can play this game?