• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good lord man. I just recently got back from Iraq and bought the game as soon as I saw it and started playing. I had NO CLUE that you could set AI control to your armies etc. What an awesome feature! I just wanted to see if there were any AAR's done and found this GEM by accident. Thanks for all the lessons and info. No wonder this has always been my favorite gaming forum. Already tried it out with Italy and was really enjoyable. Question though. When giving the objectives to particular HQ's what are the request's all about i.e. We need more armor, infantry etc.? Do they give a penalty or something until the request's are fulfilled?

Good lord man. I just recently got back from Iraq and bought the game as soon as I saw it and started playing. I had NO CLUE that you could set AI control to your armies etc. What an awesome feature! I just wanted to see if there were any AAR's done and found this GEM by accident. Thanks for all the lessons and info. No wonder this has always been my favorite gaming forum. Already tried it out with Italy and was really enjoyable. Question though. When giving the objectives to particular HQ's what are the request's all about i.e. We need more armor, infantry etc.? Do they give a penalty or something until the request's are fulfilled?

Dont worry about those requests. It is quite glithced ATM, the AI will request 10 pz divisions even if the odds are 10:1. You should give the forces you feel right to the AI. There are no penalty or whatsoever for not fulfilling those.

Last edited:
I have a question concerning relocation of units between different theatre HQ's.

In the AAR it says that theatre HQ's take care of all units in their area. Does that mean that for relocating a unit from one to another theatre I have to detach it from its current theatre command structure, move it to the new theatre's area, and reattach it there into the command structure of the new theatre. Or can I just detach and reattach the unit where it is, and the new theatre will move it to its own theatre area on its own?

Thanks!

And thanks for this awsome AAR in general! :)

I have a question concerning relocation of units between different theatre HQ's.

In the AAR it says that theatre HQ's take care of all units in their area. Does that mean that for relocating a unit from one to another theatre I have to detach it from its current theatre command structure, move it to the new theatre's area, and reattach it there into the command structure of the new theatre. Or can I just detach and reattach the unit where it is, and the new theatre will move it to its own theatre area on its own?

In my own experience, it's sufficent to simply reattach the unit to the new theatre, it will move to its new area of responsibility, so long as the units you want to be moved have an HQ over them turned on.

Mind you, the AI is finicky about using the S-R ability, so if you want them to move *fast* you'll want to move them yourself.

This is fairly easy to do however: select the appropriate HQ and you'll see a button on the right hand side just above the list of HQ's and/or units under its control labeled, approrpietly, "select all", you'll select every unit it controls and can then S-R them to a single location. You can thus move an entire army or army group in two or three clicks.

Subscribed. Good job Chilango2!

Great job ! Thanks a lot, it helps me to understand how to better use HQ ! This topic is the most interesting and enlightening I've read about HOI 3! Bravo !

Just a question. I think I have already the answer, but I want to be sure :
yesterday, in my game with Germany, England AI try to land in Wilhelmshaffen. As I have already seen that in previous games, I have a garrison division, but it was not attached to any HQ.
The battle begin, and I was surprised that Bitburg HQ did not react anyway, whereas I gave it orders "Defending Stance" for this theatre. It only reacted after the battle, after England unloaded some of its divisions (wow, 20 brigades !) .

So my question is : if my garrison division has been attached to Bitburg HQ, would have it reacted just after the beginning of the landing ? ( if yes, I think I have now to attach all my garrison division defending my harbour in the north ! )

PS : sorry for my poor english:(

So my question is : if my garrison division has been attached to Bitburg HQ, would have it reacted just after the beginning of the landing ? ( if yes, I think I have now to attach all my garrison division defending my harbour in the north !

Can't gaurantee the AI will respond instantly, but its much more likely to respond promptly if the garrison were attached, yes.

Thanks for making this AAR; it has helped me to really enjoy this game. The OOB is very fun.