• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think Napoleon thought the same thing. :p

I suggest putting an American and British rally point (defensive marker) at Berlin. That way they'll at least be in the neighbourhood when things go hot.

Assuming they don't then get lost and wander off someplace else. Lot of communists on the Ethiopian border and I don't fully trust those Balinese... they're plotting something, I know it. Better station fifteen divisions in Indonesia just in case. Ensure they're all heavy armour, we'll be fighting in jungle in an island hopping campaign, remember?

And we must secure Greece. Send all remaining divisions to Greece. Greece is the key to the battle for Europe. (Seriously the US AI seems obsessed with Greece for some reason).
I have a marker at Danzig and Konigsberg. I came to terms with the British AI being broke in my current game. To add insult to injury I was playing a game as the USA yesterday and before I could even get to Japan, the UK successfully invaded their home islands, like champions. So I guess its a role of the dice if they do anything useful.

An Empire Sets

I decided to let what navy techs are in the queue finish. I’d like to be able to build a few updated ships in the future. When tech is finished I’ll be putting the LS into officers until I can get the ratio back up.

There is also the question of how to spend the IC that is available. It would be much easier if I had more military leaders but I don’t. If you recall I had enough allied divisions to form a 2nd allied army because I was afraid I didn’t have enough troops for the new border with the Soviets. I ended up having enough troops and the 2nd allied army is in reserve. I decided to phase the 3rd army off the frontline and replace it with the 2nd allied army. The 3rd army well me upgraded when IC is available to mechinzed, SPart, and TD. Have enough IC to get one corps upgraded. Kind of dangerous since the supply system is alien to me, I really have no idea how many I can support.

In the Pacific the advance continues and reinforcements are on the way to Japan from Vietnam and Australia.

60 IC is available and 4 interceptors are put into production. Air superiority will be essential.

There doesn’t seem to be too many military forces in Japan but the invasion is early they may still be coming. Enough troops are now on the home islands that victory should be achieved. The only thing I was worried about was the IJN being able to pin the French forces on the southern island but I was able to get troops across.

Had about 20 free IC and if you recall from a much earlier update I mistakenly built some AA and attached it to the HQ corps level going off advice that was for FtM. I decided to upgrade them to motorized AA so the speed doesn’t affect the HQ. Sometimes if it’s safe I capture enemy provinces with HQs.

IJN has moved to the sea lanes and trapped some units in southern Japan. The French fleet was moved in to see if they could drive the IJN away. Naval battles were fought and 5 IJN vessels were sunk including a pride of the fleet. The French fleet suffered damaged and need to get to a port to repair.

As the fleet pulled back and attempted to allow for a passage to seize another island it again came under attack from the IJN but meet with success again. My luck didn’t hold out as the Japanese were obsessed with blocking access and I lost a submarine.

The Japanese to their credit were able to delay my efforts to take Tokyo and even push me back. Once the divisions that were stuck in southern Japan were free and able to make it to the front the Japanese were pushed back and Tokyo was taken.

Enough IC is available to put 8 interceptors into production.

Japanese forces are now reeling. The French fleet is rebased to Tokyo and is ready to block the passage that will trap the Japanese divisions. Though Japan is hurting, French convoys are still being sunk. Twenty convoys are put into production.

October 20, I decided to land some troops to ensure the divisions were trapped and things on the home islands look great. The officer ratio is back up so I can begin researching again.

The entire Japanese force is destroyed and the Japanese home islands are taken.

November 15, 1945 the remaining axis’s forces surrender and the game is won.

I never won the game before so that screen was surprising. I’m going to continue because the USSR should prove a good challenge. Solutions to problems, create more problems however. Along with the victory of the Axis comes peace. So a lot of my good laws were automatically switched back to less effective ones. The US ended lend-lease effecting IC. Perhaps most damaging it the huge problem of having an army mobilized while at peace. I'm sure demobilizing will create big problems with manpower when I try to mobilize again.

Some very misplaced Finns in that battle.

I'm sure demobilizing will create big problems with manpower when I try to mobilize again.

Open defines.lua:

DEMOBILIZATION_FACTOR = 0.5, -- The amount of manpower you get back from units when demobilizing.

Change 0.5 to 1.

If you ask me, getting only half of your manpower back after mobilization makes no sense whatsoever.

P.S. I was astounded by that Finnish cavalry division too! :D

Some very misplaced Finns in that battle.
I didn't even notice until I read the replies. You can see in the Tokyo SS there was also some units from Hungary as well. There were a few Japanese divisions in Germany during the war, don't think I mentioned that before. I guess the Axis divisions get around.

Open defines.lua:

DEMOBILIZATION_FACTOR = 0.5, -- The amount of manpower you get back from units when demobilizing.

Change 0.5 to 1.

If you ask me, getting only half of your manpower back after mobilization makes no sense whatsoever.

I didn't know it was that bad. That is going to be a problem. What exactly is the penalty for keeping the military mobilized while at peace? All it says on the pop up is being mobilized in peacetime is costly.

Open defines.lua:

Change 0.5 to 1.

As far as I remember that only works if you do it before you start a game. I would test it first.

And have your divisions mobilized in peace means more consumer goods, and more supplies being used

I didn't know it was that bad. That is going to be a problem. What exactly is the penalty for keeping the military mobilized while at peace? All it says on the pop up is being mobilized in peacetime is costly.

And have your divisions mobilized in peace means more consumer goods, and more supplies being used

Supplies maybe, but neutrality should be at 0%, thus no CG penalty should be taken. Again, I'm speaking from the HPP perspective though...

Do not de-mobilise, just attack Liberia or something like that. It is a bit gamey, but its better than editing a file.

You do not have to demobilize if your neutrality is 0 (if it is above 0 raise threat on the Soviets to reach 0 in a few months). BTW firepower and speed are very important to beat the Soviets but the most important thing is to be able to keep your army supplied. Before advancing too much into the Soviet Union you have to make sure you can supply them. While lots of HARM/ARM/MEC is very useful against the Germans in their level 10 infrastructure (very near your core IC), they could be a pain in the @ss if your main supply lines pass through a damaged level 5 infrastructure in Soviet Union (very far from your core IC). IMO the bulk of your army should be something like 5x2INF+3ART (extremely powerful and easy to supply). I am proposing this division because the Soviet army is soft (high softness) and you have a huge air force so you can destroy any/all armor divisions the Soviets send your way even without AT.
Nice progress, very enjoyable AAR. :)

That isn't too bad then

Congratulations, very entertaining AAR!
Was a very intresting read!
Thanks Avindian and Belgiumruler. I’m hoping to make the last war a good read as well.

Supplies maybe, but neutrality should be at 0%, thus no CG penalty should be taken. Again, I'm speaking from the HPP perspective though...
That be even better hopefully it’s like that in 4.02.

Do not de-mobilise, just attack Liberia or something like that. It is a bit gamey, but its better than editing a file.
There is no way I can demobilized if I only get half manpower for it. That is something to think about. If I would have thought about it in advance, about being at peace, I probably would have taken my time in the home islands, no less gamey than that.

You do not have to demobilize if your neutrality is 0 (if it is above 0 raise threat on the Soviets to reach 0 in a few months). BTW firepower and speed are very important to beat the Soviets but the most important thing is to be able to keep your army supplied. Before advancing too much into the Soviet Union you have to make sure you can supply them. While lots of HARM/ARM/MEC is very useful against the Germans in their level 10 infrastructure (very near your core IC), they could be a pain in the @ss if your main supply lines pass through a damaged level 5 infrastructure in Soviet Union (very far from your core IC). IMO the bulk of your army should be something like 5x2INF+3ART (extremely powerful and easy to supply). I am proposing this division because the Soviet army is soft (high softness) and you have a huge air force so you can destroy any/all armor divisions the Soviets send your way even without AT.
Nice progress, very enjoyable AAR. :)
I think my neutrality is at zero I’d have to check but that is welcome news. Supply is a concern, hoping to be ok since the bulk of my army is still infantry based. Will the Soviet army be that soft in mid 46? I'm glad you enjoy the AAR :)

It most definitely won't be that soft this late. They will most likely have tons of armor. The Soviet Union has no shortage of manpower and will keep making units until the 50's.

Will the Soviet army be that soft in mid 46?
I don´t think you will face massive armor opposition, at least not enough to force you to put an AT in every division. For peace of mind you can build 2xINF+2ART+AT but with an air force like yours and the amount of armor they have I think it is a waste.
With your MP problems I would advise better units but if you can´t supply them you're screwed.
You can also see this video here which helps to put the armor advantage into perspective:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PDBhPpqAG8&feature=youtu.be

It most definitely won't be that soft this late. They will most likely have tons of armor. The Soviet Union has no shortage of manpower and will keep making units until the 50's.
Are you sure? I don´t think so... they will indeed have many armor divisions but only the HARM will be hard enough to be a problem for the division I proposed. Zorro can counter them with his strong air force and the HARM units he already has. The average softness of their army is indeed very high even in 1946.

The Soviet Union has no shortage of manpower...
Working on the update now and you are not wrong :eek:.

For peace of mind you can build 2xINF+2ART+AT but with an air force like yours and the amount of armor they have I think it is a waste.
I built some AT not enough for every division but enough in case the Soviets have a lot of armor. I'm not sure about the air force, it was nearly the same size and got manhandled by the Luftwaffe. I did add 8 interceptors since then to beef it up. I'm not sure if the Soviet AI goes heavy air force.

About that video its nice to see that the armor lost but I don't understand how. I thought if you didn't have piercing the attacks made against armor would "bounce off."

About that video its nice to see that the armor lost but I don't understand how. I thought if you didn't have piercing the attacks made against armor would "bounce off."
They do not bounce off, they are just halved. Thus, a division with 10 SA and 6 HA but not enough piercing value, will do same damage as a division with 5 SA and 3 HA but enough piercing value, if all other variables are the same.

They do not bounce off, they are just halved. Thus, a division with 10 SA and 6 HA but not enough piercing value, will do same damage as a division with 5 SA and 3 HA but enough piercing value, if all other variables are the same.
Thanks for the clarification. I know I read somewhere that they just bounce off.

More seriously, it also craters your organisation. Or at least that's my experience.

The attacking unit that can't pierce?

Or defending. My experience with this was of all things defending Denmark from Germany using the strait between Funen and Zealand. (the two islands off the coast of Denmark's mainland, Jutland. Zealand's the one with Copenhagen). I did fine until the German heavy armour came up and my anti-tank brigades couldn't pierce them. Not only did I fail to do much damage but my organisation plummeted at a disproportionate rate to my casualties.