• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi DrBob,

I am running IC (1.1 Rev6) over AoD (1.07) and have just installed your Mod. I will start a fresh campaign as Italy starting 1933 and let you know how it goes.

Cheers
ColonelFlag

Hi DrBob,

I am running IC (1.1 Rev6) over AoD (1.07) and have just installed your Mod. I will start a fresh campaign as Italy starting 1933 and let you know how it goes.

Cheers
ColonelFlag

HI, thanks for trying it out on AOD, let me know how it goes.

Cheers, DB

Hi Dr.,

have run several games now on IC 1.01 ARMA rev 1.07 with your mod and my general impression is that:

- SU is too strong with your tweaks. Irrespectively of who DoW`s whom Ger are overrun within a year.

- Nat. China is too strong. They generally annex Jap puppets and push out Jap from chinese territory within a couple of years.
Once only Jap managed to puppet Nat. China.

- Italy and Spanish State join the war sooner or rather later(better realism IMO) so there seems to be no need to script them differently.

All in all your mod is a great improvement on this excellent game.

Rgds, Oldtimer

HI OT,
thanks for the feed back. Yes, I have noticed SU beating Germ, strange thing is against human Germ the SU ai is not as strong. I have also noticed German troops sitting idle in a port or in NOrway and they don't join the war until 42. So that throws off the balance. I might change GDE for Sov to 1.0, as it should be and see how that works, the last increase is 1.06. that is my biggest challange, to remove the SOV GDE switches and still have a good Barbarrossa.

I have also noticed NAt china beating Japan, I only changed the research of Nat china, not much else. i will look at them again.

I hope the italian navy is fighting for the Med. I did work on that.

i am working on ver 1.2, Usa and Uk att Italy, Us dday, exp forces to UK. US North Africa, Ger air AI, Human usa or UK decision for Dday.

thanks again, Cheers, Dr

Version 1.2 is out!!!! link on 1st post at beginning of thread. Mod played and made for the 1933 start. normal ai and no upgrading of tanks. large invasions.

Changes for 1.2 readme file is installed in main folder, brief summary,

fixed Germany leaving troops in Norway. they should have all troops ready for Barbarossa.

Overhaul of German research Ai, edits to Sov, Jap, and Ita.

Worked on German air ai, I don't really know how well it works but it will be refined later.

reworked German builds.

New USA invasion for Nafrica and Italy, USa locked garr. at Pearl and UK locked garr. in malta and other areas.

Germans should now come close to moscow and Japan should beat china.

GDE numbers higher for Sov so not as big as disadvantage as vanilla. I hope German ai can still beat them. I have not done a whole play test from 33. Let me know if some file can't be read. Error message, not crash.

enjoy, DB

Hi Fernando,
No, it just means i'm getting more ideas and better at Modding. :) I get lost in the game.

I just fixed Japan vs China, at least i hope so. that was the lasst thing i wanted to finish.

sorry I lost touch, I just checked my e-mail after weeks, I will be in touch soon.

Hi all,
I have installed Patch V1.02 beta and did edit 2 event files for new events added from that patch. I don't know what events have been added but I did a quick look in the files and noticed a few. I edited my files and installed over patch v1.02 beta and am doing a play test. I will be releasing a new version that will be updated to v1.02 beta soon. I have to check on how the ai handles the new HQ's. Do they build any and what types?

DB

Hi all IC fans,

A new version is out, 1.3a and is slightly updated to IC patch V1.02 beta, download on 1st post of thread.

I did alot of work on Japan and Manchukuo. Worked on research and builds. I hope it is balanced. Last run was good.

On my last game run as germany Sov had over 300 divs by May 41 and are fighting me hard, i'm in 43 and still dont' have leningrad or moscow.

I'm leaving the sov GDE events alone. i like the balance. What did i change?
Increased all early GDE numbers by 5 to 10 and then by Jan 41 GDE should be 0.8 and if no war by August it increases to 0.9
If at war and they lose 7 national prov then the last GDE jump takes effect and GDE to 1.01. I also changed the huge build time reduction to -7 to -10, removed org bonus, changed morale to 5 and added research mod plus 30. repair mod = 5.

Enjoy and let me know how you like it,

Cheers, DB

Hi OT and all IC fans and modders.

I have been away for awhile, just noticed the offical patch. I will try to do an install tonight and check it but it should work. I am posting an update to 1.3. it will be 1.3b and install it after 1.3 install.

US and Uk invasions edited. and ofcourse tech research. I will put on the first post, as usual.

Hi OT,
I download patch 1.02 but have not looked at it yet. It will be a few days before I do.

First, I will look at how different 1.02 is to 1.02 beta and i'm thinking it is not that different and that DB's 1.3 will work with 1.02. the only issue i can think of that will cause a crash is that if there are new events and they call another new event and it is not there, over written by my patch. I don't see many new events and i did adjust 1.3 to the new events in the 1.02 beta. So it should work.

I will have to find each event that was changed in 1.02 and then add it to my patch 1.3. That could take awhile and is very boring to do.

I did look at the AI changes in 1.02 and there is nothing there that I have not already fixed.

I will let you know when i do a full run through and verify my patch to the new 1.02. If you want you can try and let me know how it go's.

I am currnetly playing through my 1.3b patch as Germany and I am having a blast trying to beat the Sov. I am still waiting to see how the usa does in attacking africa and italy.

Cheers, DB

Hi all,
error in tech_usa switch file, it usually happens in 42. goto first thread and DL ver 1.3b1. Install over 1.3a or over 1.3b if you DL that and are in a current game. It will work for save games.

Still working on usa tech and sov tech, although both are much better they still need some improvement. Still looking at usa invasion of N. africa and Italy.

Now, as far as working wth the new 1.02 patch I think I will have to put all my changes into the new 1.02. that is a bummer, I'm not even sure I know all the changes Ive done and will take awhile. the good news is, is that it is only the event files, everything else is O.K. I'll keep you all up to date and let me know how it is running,

Cheers, DB

HI all,
good news, I just finished transferring all my changes to the 1.02 Offical patch. I will upload in a day or so.

I have also done some new changes. the main one is the 30/50/70 percent of divisions for minor countries. I set the 30% option for major minors to 0. they are HUN,CZH,ROM,POL etc. I also added AUS.
Now the next thing to look at is whether to set the air divs to 100. It will take more work to clear those but I think i can remark those out. OT, I did see your comment about air divs need to stay at 100 and i think I agree and will work on that.

Cheers, DB

New patch is out. Version 2.0 is updated to play on IC Offical 1.02. I have updated the new files, I have tested through 38. Link is on 1st post.

Start date for mod is 33 but should work up to the 36 start but tech research won't be optimized for the ai's first picks. also added garrison for us and uk not in other start dates. Let me know if you are interested in other start dates and i might look into it.

Now, I could not find events that set airplane strengths so i did not change them. I did adjust ai chance for major/minors and added manchokuo. Added garr to tel aviv for UK and have them build some divs early on.

Let me know if how it goes

DB
DB

Hi all,

patch 2.0a is out. DL on first post. I'm still running my tests and have played through 1940. Patch fixes japan not researching. the fix goes back to the begining of 1935 so to get full affects of japan research you will have to back to a save game at beginning of 35. Sorry. It will still work on later save dates just not to full affect.

I'm still working on Eng attacking N. africa and then italy. I'm still not happy with it. i have changed naval events and opened up the med to Eng and only close it when they have 2 BB and 0 Aircr carr.
I hope it helps and it seems to be working.

i looked at egy, they were getting beat by partisans, noticed org at zero, i addded supplies and org went up so i changed start supply to 15000. also put back inf div at start of 33.

i changed 4 spying files, can, egy, eng and jap. save money.

let me know if there are any issues and enjoy.

DB

I fixed egy 33 start file, have to use egy34. No big deal to the overall patch or play but it is nice to see egy handle itself and not have any partisans running around.

So new quick patch ver 2.0a1 and it just adds egy34 start file. link is on first post.

Update on game play, Sov research looking good, they are just about finished with 75mm med tank, t34's, by end of Sept 41. I would like them to have it finished in june but still good.
usa research looking better hoping to see more invasion techs. japan looking good.

UK in the med and fighting the italians. ita fleet in port and beat up, some ships down to 1 strength. UK has held suez and doing landings in N. africa. still slow pushing up the nile though.

Sov had 330 land units by june 1st 41.

waiting to see how usa helps in N africa and then italy. INVADE, damn it!!!!!!

Cheers, DB

Yes, it is as stable as IC is. I don't change anything but the script file that are loaded on start up. I do change the events but not much so not a lot of a chance for an error. it will usuall so up on startup.

Now, i am currently playing as Germ and it is early 39 and no problems. I have noticed a crash in 41 around july but i go back to the 1st of the month and replay from there and then no problems. It is not anything that i changed.

Start the game from 33 install ic 1.02 patch and then DB 2.0 and then ver 2.0a1. Let me know how it goes, i don't have any play testers but myself.

Last game as Germ I had to end in early 42 Sovs where to strong. Enjoy. Also, i have noticed ai germ researching 75mm tank in april of 40. very nice to see.

Cheers