• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Major wars:

Date - Name (Offensive - Defensive)

1140 - First War of Constantinople (Byzantium - Croatia, Germany, Tripoli)

1152 - Second War of Constantinople (Croatia - Byzantium)

1165 - The Great Fiat (Bavaria, France, Denmark, Catalunya, Byzantium - Germany)

1180-Early 1200s - Assassin's War (Main belligerents Tripoli and Byzantium)

1217 - Crusade on Alexandria (Byzantium, Germany, Denmark, France, Persia - Tripoli, Croatia)

1231 - First War of the Anti-Russian Coalition (Byzantium, Persia, Bavaria, Poland - Russia)

1263 - Eastern War (Tripoli, Russia, Croatia - Byzantium, Persia)

1271 - Third War of Constantinople (Byzantium - Croatia, Russia)

1287-1299 - Second War of the Anti-Russian Coalition (Finland, Byzantium, Persia, Denmark - Russia, Bavaria, Catalunya, Croatia)

1327 - Partition of Italy (Catalunya, Tripoli, Bavaria, Croatia - Germany)

1336 - Partition of France (Catalunya, Bavaria - France)

1361 - Fourth War of Constantinople (Byzantium - Croatia, Russia)

1382 - Anatolian War (Byzantium - Persia)

1420-1440 - Russian Crusades on Persia (Russia, Croatia - Persia)

1436-1452 - English Crusade on the New World (England, Bavaria - Quebec)

1437-1442 - Catalan Crusade on the New World (Catalunya, Malaya - Chile)

1484 - Partition India (Ethiopia, Kongo, Tripoli, Persia, Catalunya - Qin, Punjab, Gujarat, Mongols)

1518-1522 - Invention of the Naval War (Catalunya, Japan, Ethiopia - Malaya)

1525 - Bavarian-Qin War (Bavaria - Qin)

1530 - Croat-Qin War (Croatia - Qin)

1540 - First War of European Schism (Bavaria - Croatia, Russia, Ethiopia)

1550 - Second War of European Schism (Russia, Croatia - Bavaria, Catalunya)

1559 - Mongol Invasion of India (Mongols, Punjab- Ethiopia, Kongo, Tripoli, Tibet)

1560 - Third War of European Schism (Russia, Croatia - Bavaria, Catalunya, Mongols)

1570 - Fourth War of European Schism (Russia, Croatia - Bavaria, Catalunya, Mongols, Persia)

1580 - Fifth War of European Schism (Russia, Croatia - Bavaria, Catalunya, Mongols, Persia)

1586-1590 - English Annexation of Quebec (England, USA - Quebec)

1590 - Sixth War of European Schism (Russia, Croatia - Bavaria, Catalunya, Mongols, Persia)

1610 - First Cross-Indian War (Malaya - Ethiopia)

1628-1636 - Second Cross-Indian War (Malaya - Ethiopia)

1638 - Third War of the Anti-Russian Coalition/World War I (Russia, Croatia, Punjab - Bavaria, Catalunya, Malaya, Mongols, Persia, England, Qin)

Last edited:
But isn't that normally a good thing? to get into a pu with a non-player controlled nation?
And how did that happen?

Its not when you are about to join an alliance gangbang against the mordor. I speficially planned to go with my own CB to avoid getting demanded provinces via crushing Bavaria which is exactly what Is happening now. Also, fostering the Dôn dynasty since 1066 tends to bring something emotional into it ;)

And why did that make so many regiments dissappear?
Butterflies...;)

..and is there a penalty for breaking those agreements? or was that just in CK?

Only that I don't think any sain player will ever trust to agree anything with Yoshi and Vr again. There will always be "final straws" for them to break their words in the future as well...

Check the last six words of the post before loki's warning and you'll know who, if you didn't already.

Furthermore, how many times do I have to repeat that you don't react to a (demi-)moderator in public.

OY, the Ethiopia-Kongo-Tripoli-Persia-Catalunya vs Qin-Punjab-Gujarat-Khanate war was 1484. There are too many Mongol wars for me to count at the moment, but the most important one, the Mongol invasion of India (Ethiopia-Kongo-Tripoli-Tibet vs Mongol Khanate-Punjab-Qin (briefly)), was 1559.

Malaya vs Ethiopia in 1610 and again 1628 (1630).

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of the Dôns, Golle.

Some statistics:

Military Analysis – Level 6 Buildings – Land/Naval
The level 6 military buildings have a huge effect on a nation’s military strength. Conscription centers (level 6 land) add 5,000 base manpower and 5 to land forcelimit apiece, and are thus necessary in large numbers to field a competitive mid and late-game army. Naval bases add 5 to naval forcelimit, and their prerequisite level 5 building does the same, for a net of +10, and are thus similarly necessary to field a large navy.
This notes the number of these level 6 military buildings the various nations of the world have constructed.

Novgorod 30/0
Bavaria 40/0
England 0/0*
Catalunya 0/9*
USA 7/2
Croatia 39/0
Persia 26/0
Tripoli 6/0
Kongo 6/23
Ethiopia 17/16
Punjab 11/0
Mongol Khanate 11/0
Qin 18/0
Malaya 10/13*
Bengal 0/0
Khmer 1/0
Sweden 0/0

*naval markings with a star indicates >5 provinces developed up to level 5 naval buildings, but not level 6; while the level 5 army building is more or less a stepping-stone, the level 5 naval building is pretty much the same as the level 6)

Last edited:
Qin has 400 regiments and invested quite a bit for this war; but I severely underestimated the difficulty in fighting in Siberia. I won every battle but the sheer time involved in advancing, the horrendous attrition and vonr's strategy of trading space for time made it an irrelevent sideshow of no importance.

Had Fivoin/Bavarian front held for 2-3 years at a minimum we would've been marching victoriously into Moscow.

Looks like if the Slavs win, then only the Americas are safe. Until V2.

Americas are safe in sense, that As long as they want they can keep Russia and its vassals blockaded. However, eurasia beeing dominated by single nation basicly kills of all changes to conduct any active policy in the global scale. Thus atleast for England the sole reason to figth is to liberate the eurasia so that we can actually conduct diplomacy with eurasian nations that isen't hampered by their fear of russia.

That said, Americas are safe only as long as Russia nor its vassals have no navies. If they are allowed to reign even more unobscured as now, what prevents them to gather all of eurasian shoreline for naval purposes? It would be suicide for american nations to fool themselves into isolation and let Russia grow and digest its power into levels where it can simply invade the other continent. Such at least sofar have not yet been seen in mega-campaings, but This tournee is clearly heading into that direction.

In sense its both intriguing and extremely dissapointing to wage this game-shaking alliance wars at this early point... back in AROW, the fougths were only about local hegemony and the one bidding for that status always lost... hegemonies begun to cruss nations only in Hoi2 phase... :(

But fear not! England Will figth for entire American sake, forever if needed. We shall never give up into any demands that Russia and his vassals cannot enforce directly upon us! Britons shall never ever be slaves!!!!

Last edited:
Backstab him, now!, or otherwise be silent while I discuss the matters of your realm with your liege ;)

thanks, but no thanks, the side of oathbreakers doesen't invite me ;)... but for you, break from your liege and the prejury shall remain as the crime of your evil overlord! its the only way you can save the value of your word

You know, guys, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what we're not supposed to post in here, so take your bickering to msn and pm's, please.

You might be right.. Although those comments by Golle and Yoshi DID sound like they were (somewhat) In Character, that is, roleplaying their leaders...

That said, it might be better to keep the rest of that discussion on MSN/PM, where the Big Bad Bear can't read it too.... :D

I've updated the war record. Can anyone else remember any major wars that I left out?

Do the wars destroying Chile and Quebec count as major?

England-Bavaria vs Quebec (1436-1452)
England-USA vs Quebec (1586-1590)
Malaya-Catalunya vs Chile (1437-1442)
Catalunya-Japan-Ethiopia vs Malaya (1518-1522)

Also, there were a couple pan-Asian gangbangs against Persia, some successful, some not, mostly Mongol-led IIRC. Don't remember when they were, though, and don't care to look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.