• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The British are in firm control of Gibraltar. In fact, their strength there is physically impossible and they should control half of Spain just to have enough space for all those soldiers.

Ciryandor - I might do if my update rate is enough to end my updates before AoD's release.

Enewald, C&D - Releasing costs dissent, and Scandinavia isn't worthy enough, contrary to Russia. C&D is right, the Allies possess an inhumane number of divisions in Gibraltar. Corsica and Sardinia would require a decent navy and airforce, that I do not have.

Update.

Cabinet Meeting February 1948

0000 February 1st 1948
Underground Bunker, Berlin, Germany​

"Welcome back again. Albert, you are first as usual."

"Good day everyone. We're progressing nicely as the dissent is almost dealt with. I hope we can revert back to full military production in a month. Still, this means thirty more days with very scarce supplies, no reinforcements, no upgrades, almost no production."

138-012-Production.jpg

"We have a very limited stock of supplies recently given by our puppets. Last month's casualties have been higher at around 9,000 - which is a rather standard amount. It's good to see that Rommel's attack on the English landing in Haifa was spectacularly low on casualties - we cannot afford many of these. Transport Capacity is also much more bearable now than in the past."

"With the reduced dissent, are there any more revolts?"

"Much less, but certain areas of Europe we cannot control very well."​

138-022-Partis.jpg

"Poland and the Baltics still teem with partisans. Hopefully in a month or two this will be a secondary problem."

"What about our Indian front, Heinz."

"The English can now forget India among their possessions."​

138-032-India.jpg

"We have kicked the English out of India completely and we are now advancing in Burma, where hostile terrain is our worst problem, with enemy divisions being a close second."​

138-042-Balkans.jpg

"All is quiet in Greece instead, but we can clearly see the US is reinforcing their strength. Still, it will take them a lot more to hope to break through our defenses."

"Hjalmar."

"The US industry continues to grow at the usual pace with six more industrial bases."​

138-052-USEsp.jpg

"Also, one of our spies, probably still drunk after New Year's, reports that US' most distinguished military commander is a General, called Stillwell."

"Oh, great. And where is such commander?"

"Embarked in a transport flotilla."

"Well, where?"

"No-one knows."

"Good riddance, then."

"Really. Aside from that, I have worrying news from their research department as they are developing a ballistic missile. It seems we aren't the champions anymore."​

138-062-UKEsp.jpg

"The UK continues its haemorrhage of industries with the loss of eighteen this month. This trend won't continue for long, as we've run out of places to conquer - India is ours."

"That's both good and bad. Well, now Burma awaits.​

Impressive and scary stand off in Greece :eek:.
More than half of the US Army must be there...

well Stillwell does start as a skill 4 general, i think, but maybe eisenhower and macarthur died in combat :eek:
fantastic AAR btw- ive skipped ahead about 20 pages to post this, but you've made incredible progress (much more than my own attempt on normal :D). maybe a bit premature, but can't wait til you invade the USA, although that IC is a monster
question- which version of WiF are you playing? thought i might give the 44 scenario a go (on normal :D) and was wondering why you appear to have a different tech tree to me (platinum version)?

Last edited:
Karaiskandar - It was WAY scarier in the past when Athens had been nuked and I didn't possess a single reliable division down there.

screamingeagle - Welcome and thanks. I do not question Stillwell's competence - it's just that I have never seen such info in the Intel screen. I am not playing the Platinum version - when I started this AAR it didn't exist - and so the tech tree is different. The US invasion will wait... a little bit. Surely after the AoD-conversion.

Enewald, Karaiskandar - Way too many methinks. But I have a plan for them. Which will have to wait for AoD, though.

Text-heavy update.​

Allied Dominance

Germany war efforts owed much to Albert Speer, who managed to get the best out of the German war industry after the disaster of Stalingrad. Six years later, he would have to face even greater dangers. Germany was victorious against the Soviet Union, but its war-torn land had been devastated, not only by almost nine years of war, but also, and mostly because of, the nuclear devastation that Germany suffered a few months ago.

On July 27th 1947, the German cabinet had received a rare visit from a British diplomat. The ensuing, short meeting, between the diplomat and von Ribbentrop, was not fruitful at all. The Allies gave the Axis a peace proposal under the terms of unconditional surrender. Such a peace proposal wasn't any different from many others, except it carried a small note saying: "Accept our terms, or face prompt and utter destruction.".

The German cabinet rejected the Allied peace proposal.

Three days later, August 1st and 2nd, the Americans would drop four nuclear bombs on Stuttgart, Dresden, Cologne and Berlin. The four cities would be disintegrated in one day, with an enormous amount of victims. The nation quickly plummeted into chaos, as dissent rapidly escalated up to the point of open revolts.

With the Soviet threat over, however, the Wehrmacht was able to quell most revolts in Germany and outside, but German industry was crippled, along with the shocked population. Would this be enough for the German leaders? Would they desire peace now that their nation lay in ruins?

The shocked German cabinet would meet August 2nd in an underground bunker, discussing the future of Germany.

"Martin, we have just received news from correspondants. Yesterday, and today morning, three more German cities have been hit by an atomic bomb."

"THREE…! THREE CITIES! What cities, Albert, what cities!"

"Stuttgart and Dresden on 1200 and 1300 August 1st; Cologne today at 0600, and now Berlin.

This is only the beginning. Word has come that a wave of rebellions is springing up across Europe. Entire cities are rebelling openly against us. 2,000 factory workers in Essen are on strike. 1,000 in Munich. 1,000 in Kiel and Rostock. I have received word of revolts in Erfurt, Kassel and Frankfurt am Main, while partisans are threatening Warsaw and Paris. Our production is paralyzed, as are our communication and logistical lines. Our Army cannot receive supplies anymore and latest reports are that they are ordering a general withdrawal in Greece, leaving thousands behind to the hands of those rotten Americans."

"This is not a withdrawal, that's a rout! I have personally witnessed the state of our divisions when Athens was hit by a nuclear bomb, and nothing will stop them now." Guderian was indeed among those divisions who were facing the Allied invasion of Greece.

"What with our remnants of our industry? What shall we do now?"

Heinz Guderian would speak up again "Men, it is clear that the very own safety of Germany is at a stake. The Allies possess a weapon whose magnitude has never been experienced by mankind until now. We are on our knees, with our military incapacitated, a non-existant industry, a nation in open revolt. I can say, however, that the Wehrmacht, the whole Wehrmacht, is still with us. We will not give up years of fighting because of this! Such a horrifying act from the Allies must be punished. They must pay dearly for their act of cowardice, till the last drop of German blood has been spilled. This calls for an even greater emergency than that of Stalingrad, one the German people will answer to! We must incite them to revolt against those who inflicted such a heinous act against our Country!

I should have destroyed those swines when I had the chance - Dunkirk. I made the fatal mistake to follow Hitler's order not to pursue the Allies. This time, gentlemen, we will allow no mistakes, no remorses. It is a dirty war the Allies want to fight - they will have it.

There shall be no peace with those who have slaughtered our people. We will fight on till death! Let them make clear that we only know one word: revenge."

After this bout of rage and rhetoric, Heinz Guderian fell to his chair. Years of fighting and careful planning had carved several wrinkles in his face making him look older than he was. It was hard to believe that such a high-ranked officier would suffer the dripping pain of war. But Guderian took his job rather personal.

A long silence followed, until Bormann timidly spoke.

"Well. Anyone agrees with him?"

Slowly but steadily, everyone raised a hand till the last one, Martin Bormann.

"It is on, then. Let's give them hell."

0500 February 9th 1948
Nuclear Reactor of Danzig, Germany​

Germany put a bet on her own survival. August and September had been terrible for Germany, but in the end she survived; revolts were quelled, civil order restored, workers put back to work; the Allied menace stopped at the Greek border.

Six months later, Albert Speer would look back at all of that. Looking at a nation in ruins, a nation he helped build, but he helped destroy too; the German cabinet felt some guilt on rejecting the Allied peace proposal that would have prevented the Nuclear devastation; however, in the end, national pride and the feeling of revenge would win over everything.

Revenge led Speer to personally oversee the Nuclear Reactor in Germany. Despite the constant aerial bombings, the German Nuclear Project was being pushed on slowly but steadily. And, on February 9th, the news was finally announced.​

139-01-NuclearReactor.jpg

Germany now possessed an Atomic Bomb.​

0900 February 11th 1948
Frankfurt-am-Main, Germany​

The German cabinet cheered with joy. Against all odds, Germany survived and had been able to build one similar device. Suddenly, they would truly hope to challenge the American giant.

Two days later, however, the nation once again suffered a nuclear attack.​

139-02-NukeFrankfurt.jpg

Frankfurt-am-Main would be the target, this time. The attack caused immense destruction in the city, but less than before as nuclear shelters had been pre-emptively built in all the important German cities where people would permanently live in. Another wave of terror and disdain hit the nation; but this time, the feeling of retaliation was greater and it would minimally sway the German population from the war-effort, now that the machine of propaganda was set to demonize the Allies as inhuman creatures, their weapons as bringers of senseless destruction.​

139-04-AgriProd.jpg

German research would not stop even after another nuclear attack however, as I.G. Farben found a way to increase the dramatically low manpower reserves. Oddly enough, priority was now given to the Navy. An Advanced Air Carrier would now be researched. German leaders set long-term goals, among which was the utter and complete destruction - on land, air and sea - of the Allied powers.​

Last edited:
German leaders set long-term goals, among which was the utter and complete destruction - on land, air and sea - of the Allied powers.

Utter and complete destruction :cool: ...a quite appropriate answer to the destruction of german cities and armies.

Quite interesting turn of events.

While I did keep an eye out for this once in a while, I must congratulate you from turning the tables from rather problematic year of 1944 to more or less major reconquest and expansion.

I might consider trying the 1944 scenarion again in AoD, my last attempt ended up in some sort of failure after two years :rofl:

Karaiskandar - Destruction, and subsequent occupation.

Mjarr - Thanks. I hear AoD's 1944 scenario has been tweaked.

Enewald - Nuclear war is still a one-sided affair for the Allies. I have just started producing these weapons - there will be glowing revenge one day, though.

Update.

Cabinet Meeting March 1948

0000 March 1st 1948
Underground Bunker, Berlin, Germany​

"Welcome back everyone. Last news weren't good at all."

"Indeed Martin. On February 11th, Frankfurt-am-Main has been destroyed by a nuclear bomb. Luckily we are getting rather used to it, so damage is manageable. Dissent has risen again, but nothing we can't control. However, at this rate, they are going to flat our industry to zero in a few years."

"Are they producing a bomb every six months?"

"Seems like so; it is a really short span of time."

"Well, at least we're catching up. How's our industry after this nuclear attack?"

"Not too serious a setback."

140-01-Production.jpg

"It is all really under control, despite the severe supplies shortage. Despite the last nuclear attack, we can even produce some supplies now - almost one quarter of our daily need.

We have suffered only 2,000 casualties this month, which is some positive news."

"The reactor? Is it fully operational now?"

"Despite Allied bombings, yes, and it has recently produced our first Nuclear Bomb. They estimate it will take them another year before they can produce another one, though."

"A one-to-two rate against the Allies seems fairly acceptable to me."

"Anyways, we lack the means to drop an atomic bomb; this will be addressed on July of this year."

"Thanks Albert. Any news on India?"

"More like Burma."​

140-02-Burma.jpg

"India has been fully subjugated to our sole rule. We're currently advancing in Burma, where we have recently encountered British troops along the coast - they are surely bringing reinforcements from the sea."

"Why is it we can see Siamese divisions too?"

"They still don't know the War has ended for them, and continue to send warplans and intelligence data to us."

"Oh."

"Anyways, the terrain is hampering us in Burma more than anything. It will take some months before we can rightfully claim the last bit of English land in this region."

"Point taken. Espionage?"

"Nothing new, but if you want to hear the same depressing notes, here they are."​

140-03-USESp.jpg

140-04-UKEsp.jpg

"Strangely enough, the US have not built any other industrial complexes this month. British hemorrhage has stopped, as we predicted, but they still possess a rather large industry.

"Yes, but once we raze that little UK island to the ground with our V2, bam, their industry is no more."

"Exactly."

"Gentlemen, even if we suffered another nuclear attack, we will no longer suffer the same disastrous setback of August 1947. Albert?"

"Yes?"

"Would it be feasible for our stretched industry to produce a small amount of V2?"

"What for?"

"The idea of bombing UK's industry like the good old times... I've been itching to it lately."

"Well, yes. Provided that we bomb their industry and their infrastructure, they will take a lot more time to rebuild them - then our V2 will truly be cost-effective."

"Then that's it. V2 is not a weapon those rats can do anything to defend against - much like their nukes. Ah, that sounds like a sweet revenge."​

Thousands of V2s to blot out the sky!
Then the Brits will cower in fear in the shade! :D