• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
similar to curbstomp would be "roflstomp", which is the complete and utter destruction of a realm and her armies, usually by an invasion.

Doomstack - a ridiculously large, cohesive army that destroys anything in its path, and in the case of the Mongols, does not suffer attrition.

In my mind OP is always Opening Post.

Thats probably why there are brackets in the explanation in the OP. ;)

Thats probably why there are brackets in the explanation in the OP. ;)

You misunderstood. I think of it as 'Opening', rather than 'Original' as written in the OP.

For a start, the OP might be a quote or report from somewhere else and so not be original at all.

edit: It's not a big deal though. I think I got 'Opening Post' from the newspaper website I read.

Last edited:
You misunderstood. I think of it as 'Opening', rather than 'Original' as written in the OP.

For a start, the OP might be a quote or report from somewhere else and so not be original at all.

Yeah i see, well thats why i hate the american obsession for acronyms as there are so many ways to still misunderstand what somebody wants to say or hints at. Well hate is maybe a too strong word for this. ;)

Do you want general forum acronyms in this thread, such as IIRC and IMO (If I Remember Correctly and In My Opinion)?

Do you want general forum acronyms in this thread, such as IIRC and IMO (If I Remember Correctly and In My Opinion)?

I would greatly appreciate the "general" internet acronyms as well, in different section. People in the forum use them as often as the particular CK2 acronyms but I sometimes struggle more with them, at least with the more rare and sometimes artificial ones (for example I have not used much time in English language internet forums before CK2). If the thread and the opening post develops a good one, it should be stickied.

Is France known as the BBB- "Big Blue Blob"- in this game as well? Despite the greater difficulty in internal cohesion (due to vassal rebellions and factions), France does not appear to have much more difficulty than in EU3 in expansion, especially if the Muslim realms conquer the Christian ones, thus allowing France to conquer much of Hispania.

I'll add a seperate section for generic acronyms as well as CK2-related ones, per vox populi.
Edit: Oh God this grew rather quickly

Last edited:
The whole forums should definitely include a glossary. All the acronyms and gaming neologisms can be overwhelming for newcomers.
I say a moderator should make a sticky thread that shows up on each board to explain terms like "gamey," acronyms like WAD or SoI (both sphere of influence in EUIII and Crusader Kings II:Sword of Islam), and should even explain the difference between bugs and glitches and other more technical terms.
Where's my royalties?

Oh god, my mod's on the list. I'm famous!

The one important one that really ought to be on here is: MTTH, Mean Time to Happen. A concept from the Paradox scripting language that sets the average amount of time it should take for an event to fire.

I'd also consider being more choosey about what ends up in a list like this. It looks to me like everyone is now just trying to get their favorite obscure mod on the list to make it legitimate. Some of those listed already I've never heard of, are not popular, and have never been referred to by their initials on this forum ever. Adding them just creates clutter and makes this resource less useful to people with real questions. Including too many obscure items on a would-be resource like this harms it's utility the same as would too few.

[*]"Gamey" - used as an adjective to signify an action or tactic that, while not a cheat, significantly destroys game balance and gives tremendous bonuses to the player.

My understanding was that gamey signifies some action or mechanic that breaks the player's immersion by being distinctly unrealistic. As in, "it's gamey because it couldn't be done in real life, only in a game".