• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have corrected the bugged ones, they were 129x128 which doesnt display ingame (its due to the software i use i'll have to be more careful). Fixes will be included in next update. c368 may be incorrect, i ll look closer, perhaps some accidental copy.

I believe c368 (Danzig) is the correct one and c369 (Chelminskie) is a copy of that one.

Also, the COA of the kingdom of Naples you have made is the one of the Angevin kingdom of Naples. I rather have the one with the Horse (yellow and black or D'or au cheval effaré de sable.) or de Hauteville one (blue/with a red/white chequered diagonal band or D'azur, à la bande échiquetée d'argent et de gueules)

Veldmaarschalk said:
Also, the COA of the kingdom of Naples you have made is the one of the Angevin kingdom of Naples. I rather have the one with the Horse (yellow and black or D'or au cheval effaré de sable.)
Could you post please this D'or au cheval effaré de sable CoA with the "normal" wooden texture?

Sorry, it seems I'm not able to see it (could be problems with my browser :confused: ). Could you post a link to it / mail it to me?

Last edited:
Just download the betapatch.

You don't have to install the beta.

This COA is in the beta.

Just open the RAR file of the betapatch and extract the coa.bmp file

These are fantastic coat-of-arms, but the danish has only the lions and thus lacks the hearts. I have a file, and can send it if you provide me an email.

Keep up the good work.

Esben

Solo_Adhémar said:
Birger would you put a download link for your kingdom and duchy shields please ? i really like them better and would like to see them ingame :p

Sure thing, modded your shields a bit and added BeBro's royal orb and sceptre to the kingdom shield.

shieldshapes.jpg

Shieldshapes

I'll fix danish one in next update (prob. friday), ive noticed that I forgot the nine hearts but since then forgot again to fix them :) (its like sweden one : I made the three "barres" but had to remodify later to three "barres ondées").

Thanks Birger, I really like the idea of the scepter, the crown was annoying for some of them (scotland for ex). Is the metallic texture giving good results ? i couldnt test it due to lack of time and not having any of the wood-textured arms with layers (none textured). Ive tried to merge textures and lightning i use in Canvas but dont know if it will fit very well. Let me know please ).

Its an update, I had to check some seals to confirm them. New ones are always meant to replace (I will specify if not).

Small update, include danemark fixed, and a missized shield from last update (crashed the game, doesnt like 256x256 bah !), some spanish and crusader states.

part 6

this page has some really fine coat-of-arms, the danish, norwegian and normandy lions are much better than those in the current CK set.

http://www.heraldique-europeenne.org/Accueil.htm

Esben

Solo_Adhémar said:
Its an update, I had to check some seals to confirm them. New ones are always meant to replace (I will specify if not).

Small update, include danemark fixed, and a missized shield from last update (crashed the game, doesnt like 256x256 bah !), some spanish and crusader states.

part 6

This is purple actually, heraldic colors are concepts and in medieval era didnt fit with what we call them now (ex : 14th/15th c. vert is vair, sinople is vert (green), little confusing). The definition of purple in medieval heraldry is the mix of all other colors : grey or grey-brown. So why purple ? well pourpre, the french word which gave purple means étoffe in medieval french, its a lighter black which was called like that in heraldry and then when modern french took the word pourpre for the actual color (XV-XVIth c.) it started replacing the old bis/gris/brun/pourpre color. Hope its clear in english :p
I know I could use modern era figures and colors but id rather not, its irrealistic enough to give arms to 11th century people I think (not speaking of the 50% at least that never had medieval arms in reality) :) If you really want it I can make an alternative one for you with 17th c. purple but you will have to keep in mind its not accurate. Now I agree its not a very beautiful color, i think i have one 14th c. exemple in photography from here in Provence, somewhere, ill try to find it and show you, its even worse painted :p